• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Petcock issue

oldsawfiler

Crotch Rocket
I posted about this a couple of weeks ago, but searched for it and didn't find that thread. Anyway, I think it is resolved. If you remember, I was "running" out of gas at about 220 miles/2 gallons left in my tank. It would not even run on resurve. After reading the replys here, (possibly kinked line) and talking to the stealer, (they thought possibly crud in the reserve line of the petcock) I bougth a new petcock and gas line from Murph's. Pulled the tank Fri night and emptyed the tank through the petcock by applying vacume to the petcock. In the resurve setting it was getting a lot of air with the gas so I thought "aha that can,t be rigth". So installed new one and tested it, same thing lots of air bubbles with the gas. The previous owner had allready installed the motion pro gas line and it looked realy good so I left it. When I went to hook it up however, I discoverd that it had a very tight bend between the petcock and filter. I cut off about an inch and a 1/2 of line and it still has a prety sharp bend but nothing like before. I think that as was mentioned by you good people here, when the line got hot from setting in the sun all day at work, it was pinching off the gas. Haven't run it to resurve on a hot day yet, but I think that was it.

Sweet - that sounds highly likely. Greg COG # 7010/7010a Tracey MA CDA 0120 Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude -CDAAD 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle" 05 Ninja 250

Sounds about right, Bill. Glad you found the problem. When I first installed my fuel filter, I did the same thing to myself. Using regular automotive fuel line (WAY thicker than Kawi's OEM fuel stock)contributed, because the bend LOOKED alright, but add some engine heat & I quickly found out otherwise... Cut off about 3/4 inch, and not a problem since. Mike B / Gig Harbor, WA

I agree with the "Wize" one that automotive fuel line can really crimp your style when it comes to fuel flow. If you use it it is imperative to get the length and routing just right or it can restrict or even stop flow completely. DAMHIK I'm not at all familiar with the Motion Pro line, but I would assume it would be more like the OEM motorcycle line... is that the case or is it also heavier, thicker, and stiffer?

Went 241 on the last tank without using reserve. YAHOO, ROMA THE ITALIAN TOMATOE IS CURED 1990 Aint she a pretty Tomato wedshots albums http://community.webshots.com/user/sawfiler64/albums/most-recent