• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Phils Farkels Luggage Racks | another SATISFIED customer!

runnerb0y

I saw a post indicating Phil was discontinuing his amazing replacement/improvement luggage rack, so I reached out to him with some questions. After a couple quick and enjoyable email exchanges, Phil helped me realize I could ditch the junky plastic MonoLOCK adapter plate I had mounted on top of his luggage rack. All it would take was a small modification and a few days of watching the USPS tracking updates. I quickly removed the rack of the Connie and sent it to the man. In less than one week, I had it back on the bike.

Phil had configured the rack to accommodate my large 2012 Kawasaki (Givi MonoLOCK) top-case, and man does it accommodate! Previously the case (mounted on the crappy plastic adapter plate) would wobble, bounce and gyrate like a bobble-head toy. Now, it is rock-solid, and I'm no longer terrified to carry something of reasonable value in the case while traveling. As an added bonus, the case now sits about an inch+ lower than it did before, so it looks more 'factory' and less 'janky' and it may provide some (small) reduction in drag.

The cost was more than reasonable; the interaction with Phil was entertaining and informational; the speed, service and quality Phil provides is second to none. I encourage anyone/everyone to work with Phil if you have a desire to upgrade the luggage rack on your C14!

Maybe we can convince Phil to create his next product for our bikes. What other shortcoming(s) are there on the C14's that Phil could provide a solution for?

Thanks Phil, I'm no longer frustrated with the top-case!

I think he is just done with it all, nothing to do with not having demand for racks. I have one too and it is a quality product.