• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

PHX IMS MC Show

OMoaC

Feb 20, 21. Trying to set up a coffee meet and greet before the show. Show of hands for those planning to attend?

I will be there on SAT. will have breakfast at Mercers restaurant 99th ave and Peoria just west of the 101, about 3 miles north of stadium. Around 7:30 or so.
Scott 

Not sure if I'll be making yet. Big Tom Tomlinson offered to host a meet and greet during the show. Trying to get something set up. I'll be sending over Scot's suggestion. Anybody else have any location suggestions?

Posted to the Calendar with Scotts suggested location. https://goo.gl/maps/sH7RuXfWb7B2

Jet Fixer hope you can make Mercers, we live in west Phx, will be there for breakfast around 7:30. Possibly be joined with another c-14 rider from Chandler but he may bring family in cage.

Thinking of heading down for this on the Friday before.  Any cheap and decent places to stay nearby?

CaffeineMan said:
Thinking of heading down for this on the Friday before.  Any cheap and decent places to stay nearby?
Thinking of doing the same C Man. Anybody got any suggestions for lodging?

Gscott said:
Jet Fixer hope you can make Mercers, we live in west Phx, will be there for breakfast around 7:30. Possibly be joined with another c-14 rider from Chandler but he may bring family in cage.

Gscott,

I'm in Chandler as well.  7:30 sounds good. 

OMC.  Sorry bud.  I live in the east valley.  About 80 miles from
stadium.  Can't help with were to stay in that area. 

OMC, CM there are motels around stadium but expect stadium prices, look at I-10 area 51st ave westward lots of choices and a short 15  to 20 min.  ride to show. 

Quality Inn at Talavi is apparently $70 per night (on Bell Rd, 8.5 miles from Mercer's).

Old Man, would you ride home after the show?  Sat. afternoon/night?  I'm considering staying for 2 nights.

CaffeineMan said:
Quality Inn at Talavi is apparently $70 per night (on Bell Rd, 8.5 miles from Mercer's).

Old Man, would you ride home after the show?  Sat. afternoon/night?  I'm considering staying for 2 nights.
No. I'd be travelling home on Sunday. Have to look at the QI. Lemme look. Maybe we can set something up for Sat night also? Thoughts?

Finally got a card on the show. Would love to attend the breakfast but it turns out that's the weekend for an overnight trip to Yuma with my club. Look forward to the next get together

Old Man on a Connie said:
No. I'd be travelling home on Sunday. Have to look at the QI. Lemme look. Maybe we can set something up for Sat night also? Thoughts?

Quality Inn appears to be walking distance from a sushi place (Tokyo Lobby).  ;D

I'm in Cman. If I can get a head count I'll try to reserve a group table.

Wait, I need more details on what you're in for.  ;D

- Quality Inn at Talavi on Bell Rd for Fri-Sat nights?
- Breakfast at Mercer's before the show on Sat.?
- The show on Sat.?
- Sushi at the Tokyo Lobby?
- That BBQ place that I can't find on the net anyplace?  ;D  *EDIT* I found it now.  It's called Thee Pitts Again and it's on Bell Rd.  I was confused by the map you linked with a route to the convention center.

All of the above?

CaffeineMan said:
I'm in Cman. If I can get a head count I'll try to reserve a group table.

- The show on Sat.?
- That BBQ place that I can't find on the net anyplace?  ;D  *EDIT* I found it now.  It's called Thee Pitts Again and it's on Bell Rd.  I was confused by the map you linked with a route to the convention center.

All of the above?
Sounds good to me. Check that new post about the Aerostich pop up in vegas. Maybe hit them Fri morn before setting out for PHX?

CaffeineMan said:

- The show on Sat.?

All of the above?
Sounds good to me. Check that new post about the Aerostich pop up in vegas. Maybe hit them Fri morn before setting out for PHX?

OK, I'm booked into the QI Talavi for Fri night and Sat. night 2/19, 2/20.  I used Priceline and got $60/night on Priceline, non-refundable, so I'm going no matter what.  I'm trying to get Friday off in which case I'm in for the Aerostich thing before going down.

Might head up also! ....Would be a fun weekend if I can pull it off! Maybe bring some So Cal folks!! Of course C'man has heard that before!  ;D

:motonoises:  :great:

Rusty said:
Might head up also! ....Would be a fun weekend if I can pull it off! Maybe bring some So Cal folks!! Of course C'man has heard that before!  ;D

Yeah, I'm waiting to meet these apocryphal So Cal folks.  :rotflmao:

Seriously, hope you guys make it.

Old Man, you mentioned going back through Prescott.  What route?

I'm up for a little meandering, but I was trying to get back home around 5 or so, not too late.  I'm sure you're thinking of Prescott to US-93 on Yava Rd, right?  But how to get to Prescott.

Are you thinking of:
- I-17 to Prescott?  That's an extra 75 miles which is reasonable.
- US-93, then up AZ-89 through Yarnell?  That's an extra 85 miles which is also reasonable.
- Or something longer?

I haven't really ridden AZ other than to Kingman, Oatman, etc., so I don't know what's scenic.

Rode 'em but don't remember the numbers. Gotta pull maps.

FYI, I got those roads from loops recommended by Mad Maps.  Any AZ COGers wanna chime in with route opinions, I'd love to hear them.

Charby said:
I should be up for this. Anyone bring their SO?

Hi Dan,

Are you coming up early enough to make breakfast at 7:30?  I know that would be a very early launch for you coming from Tucson but if it was your plan, we could meet somewhere on I-10 and ride together.
I'll be leaving my house about 6:30.  We could meet at Ray and I-10. 

Jet Fixer said:
Charby said:

Hi Dan,

Are you coming up early enough to make breakfast at 7:30?  I know that would be a very early launch for you coming from Tucson but if it was your plan, we could meet somewhere on I-10 and ride together.

Most likely i will be up for breakfast so sounds good. Have to get up likes it a work day :mad:

If ya'll can do me a favor, go to the calendar and register? No cost and no commitment just helps get me a head count.
https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=229784&mo=2&tDate=%7Bd%20%272016%2D02%2D29%27%7D

Charby said:
Jet Fixer said:
Charby said:

Hi Dan,

Cool!    Give me a call or ill call you when it gets closer. 
We'll pick a meeting place.  I think another COG member here
at work will be joining us as well. 

Most likely i will be up for breakfast so sounds good. Have to get up likes it a work day :mad:

CaffeineMan said:
Registered.  Also bringing 2 guests (my roommates), 1 a potential COG member.
:great: :great: :great:This is how we do it! :great: :great: :beerchug: :beerchug: :)

One more important question:

Where are we doing dinner on Friday and Saturday?  ;D

My roommates are voting for Thee Pitts on Saturday, as they will get in late on Friday (10PM or later) and are not sushi fans anyway.

So how about sushi (or something else, I'm open) on Friday for us and whomever and Thee Pitts on Sat.?

I hate each and everyone of you...  :-[

PUnn0zKPuYf4lHwDGAZf3gcytzwZ72BQ2lc3TZdqqXYmfpZFJVO8uxo1BexrNn5y2dc8y680_ap4m3WHmecLjw0k26EtvrRwfTPJLZcx2sVvVZPssWieBy5pKYxG-aeidekayuRVN1eWeRgtSGT7vguULA7_moXN8zmsxlGD92Lw9NyJHllyOK3jQjo_Z7oVodqv4EZbsjG_-sq5LVProvAhyzaWTt2QV2G7-IdeVaSldPDTSuBysf8SA1qRwaZi279w5tY-GxEEQZjjxdyNr4-JhjhwptSGtGXdn0JTMEbjj5mixXXYmTSI5elfrvwtnpQnhjJ48UvziE8oI1iBjIwWeyFz1rTyspv0t-whot-1b1T15xWC0AlQx1psUmYuT1FV3T-qq4couQ-dg6WRN9Sfy6f1mQbI8LIIEAYCf0-Yi-BH4DRaUJA-KVLBIwNOQn9j5z9A892gkiNle-gbRu3AVnTOkGfCritltgBCD-IVVu0uRn80gmXoQtulO4lf9GFmgA1s7EH55CY3EThXONkDKYxjKB2Ln3YJR5tIXLbXSgVOrbSpaKzhxNVnKARPGy0L=w640-h480-no

MikeB,

Well you'll be laughing at us when it's 110 in the summer... ;D

Besides I had to drive through snow to get to work.  If the Pacific doesn't stop throwing crap at us before then, I may be cagin' down.

Registered for Saturday am. Rusty - if you and Pam are going to make it let me know. Kathy wasn't planning on going but if Pam is she'll probably go then.

Hi Dan,

We would like to go but will not know for a week or two. I think there is a good chance we both will come!

Saw there was some new long ziplines near Tucson that just opened! Have you had a chance to check them out?

Russ, hope you guys can make it. Seen plenty of articles on the zip lines but haven't been out yet. We've been up Northern AZ a couple of times snowmobiling lately. Good snow has been a rarity last 4-5 years so we are taking advantage of it. :motonoises:

My SO will be there she rides about 75% of the time with me. Hopefully other SOs will come along as well.

Count me in, I'll register on the calendar as well OM.

Just did the Phoenix - Prescott loop this weekend, roads are in good shape, lots of snow off of the road near Prescott.

Just got this from Rodger Dodger on the forum for discount codes.
Try ims16post for $3 off

or prgweb16 for $4 off

Old Man, what time do you want to hit up the Aerostich event?  What time do you want to head out to Phoenix?

I have another friend that's gonna ride with us the whole weekend.

CaffeineMan said:
Old Man, what time do you want to hit up the Aerostich event?  What time do you want to head out to Phoenix?

I have another friend that's gonna ride with us the whole weekend.
You let me know Cman. I'm about 1/2 hr from the Stich event. Know you have farther to go. 5 to 6 hrs from there to PHX. Depart stich event min 11a? Quick lunch stop in Kingman AZ? Into PHX about 5 or 6p?

Cman. I have an offer from BertL to meet up on Friday in Kingman for lunch at In and Out or Crackerbarrel. What say you? You and yours want a sit and serve or some good Ol' So Cal speed burgers?

Cman. I have an offer from BertL to meet up on Friday in Kingman for lunch at In and Out or Crackerbarrel. What say you? You and yours want a sit and serve or some good Ol' So Cal speed burgers?

Sounds good to me, either one.  What time does that mean we need to leave the Aerostich event?

** edit ** looks like if we leave at 11AM we get to Kingman at 1PM.  Does that work for Bert?  That still puts us in PHX around 5PM.  Or do we need to leave at 10AM to get to Kingman at 12PM?

My C-10 is back together, with coolant replaced, valves adjusted, and Speigler lines installed.  It's running better than ever.

:motonoises:

I suppose it depends how much fun we have with Aerostich. I think Bert's pretty loose. I'll shoot him an email when we leave.

Charby forget using Bell road take 51st or 59th ave north to 101 to Peoria ave to get to Mercers.
OMC what's the head count for breakfast talked to the owner last week told him 12 to 20, do I need to tell him more than that?
Since some of you are staying at 55th and Bell, The Place 59th and Bell great omelets before you leave Sunday morning for trip home.   

Thanks Scott  :great: Looks to be 10 to 12 so I say your count is good. 14 Hunney got her spa day yesterday and is rarin' to go.

If the engine gets back in and everything sorted out by Thursday I'll defiantly ride out from San diego, plan to come out Friday afternoon. Make a speed run on interstate vice the scenic route.

I should have me plus 3 friends for breakfast.

They're not eligible for swag, though.  ;D

I registered myself and now the spousal unit is thinking about joining us for breakfast, but she won't decide until Saturday morning.  Seven AM is pretty early for her so it's likely one and maybe two.
Jerry

Registered few minutes ago.
Wife is supposed to join (you believe that Scott?), will see how she likes 7am.

Does not look like this SoCal guy and wife can make it! We went to the show in Long Beach In November and it was fun! Enjoy yourselves and look forward to hearing all about it!

I vote for Cracker Barrel.  But, either place is fine, just pick one before Friday.  My friend Jeff (you met him on the stargazing DV ride last year, rides a Bimmer) has to work until 11AM, so I wanna tell him where we'll be at lunch.  That way if he doesn't catch up with us on the road, he can maybe link up at lunch.  If not, we'll just meet up at the hotel.

Looking forward to this. Looks like 3 States from the SW area rep'd and 1 from the NC area (man, that's a ride for Bfast!). Make sure to touch base with me on Sat Morn for Bfast to get in on the freebies. Really hope to get some member feedback and encourage some of our forum members to become full time COGgers.  :great: :motonoises: :beerchug: :)

I didn't know if Colorado was represented yet, so I registered this morning. Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone Sat.
              Till then, Mike

Thanks to Mark and Scott and anyone else who helped put the event together.  It was a pleasure to meet you all.  Hope to see you again in Helen.

Jerry

Yes, thanks to all who put this together. Nice to see some familiar faces and meet a few new ones. Another positive, i made it out of the IMS MC show without spending a penny. Can't say that for someone else though.  ;D

[quote author=Charby. Can't say that for someone else though.  ;D
[/quote]

Hey!!!!    I resemble that remark!!      :))

The sad thing Dan,  is I went back inside and bought the headset too.... :-[ :-[

A great trip!  Nice to meet everyone, even if briefly.  I've got a mind like a steel sieve so I won't remember everyone, but it was fun anyway.  :rotflmao:

While the Old Man was loafing poolside after the show ;D, Jeff and I had lunch and ran a 5-hour loop up I-17, over on 69 to Prescott Valley, up 89A through Jerome and Cottonwood, then down 260 back to I-17 and back down to the hotel.

Today, though, the Old Man had his revenge as he and Jeff lounged their way on their modern bikes through the twisties from Wickenburg to Prescott, then down through Skull Valley back to 93. ;D

By the time we got to Wickieup, I was wiped out trying to keep up on the C-10.    :rotflmao:

With the extra Pahrump legs I ran 1000 miles during the 3-day trip.  Thanks for doing the planning on this Old Man.

:great: :beerchug:

It was a great weekend and as Cman has said, the show was a good excuse for a ride. Thanks to all the members and future members that came out. Honestly I was pleasantly surprised at the turn out. I hope you all enjoyed the Bfast and meeting good folks. The show was just MEH but saw quite a few Connies there. Dropped my card on a few and had seen 2 more coming in as I was rolling out (the pool was heated, a little slice of heaven in Feb). GREAT ride back up to Hendo. May have to make that loop a day ride soon. Nice job SWAZCOG :great: :beerchug:

Attachments

• DSCN0316_1.JPG
    DSCN0316_1.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN0317_1.JPG
    DSCN0317_1.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 107
It was a great meeting, first RTE in a group.
Even if I got there late but I have a good excuse that I will explain in another time.

With all the 'drama' I forgot to bring some cards, but here is a electronic version:

I would like to encourage everyone to visit www.tourofhonor.com and consider join for this 2016 ride.

Thanks for the good time, we enjoyed it very much.

ToH2016_zpskel7u7yw.jpg

Good to meet other Phoenix area riders' enjoy a meal and conversation.
Phoenix area riders we need to get a ride or two in before the heat gets here, lets here some ideas (where and when).
Tucson lets hear from you as well.