• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

picking up new bike friday

mtc1966

Moped
well was buying from chaplin but for some reason they wanted to wait 3 days for a certified bank check to clear  so i called new haven motorsports they matched the price and i will be able to leave that day with my bike they never heard of a dealer doing that. i even had my credit union call chaplin and assure them that i was a long time member with the money in my account but they still would not release the bike until they check cleared?? oh well their loss powersports gain

Can I ask what the OTD price was from New Haven? When I stopped he seemed unwilling to match  to other prices I saw advertised. I considered Chaplin, but they are a bit too far.

S Smith said:
Can I ask what the OTD price was from New Haven? When I stopped he seemed unwilling to match  to other prices I saw advertised. I considered Chaplin, but they are a bit too far.

Bike - 13,498.00
Freight - 150.00
Tax - 818.88

Congrats. Good luck Friday. (what time?) Know how you feel. I have one on order for similar price. Hoping it comes in soon.

S Smith said:
Congrats. Good luck Friday. (what time?) Know how you feel. I have one on order for similar price. Hoping it comes in soon.
were did you order from ? similar more or less ?

S Smith said:
Should be within $200 of your price from dealer near me.

You KNOW the next question in his head is MORE or LESS!!!! He just may not be able to ask it though!!!  :rotflmao:

Congrats to you both and man does that have to be a long week!!

doug said:
S Smith said:
Should be within $200 of your price from dealer near me.

You KNOW the next question in his head is MORE or LESS!!!! He just may not be able to ask it though!!!  :rotflmao:

Congrats to you both and man does that have to be a long week!!

:67:  LOL

Since I have not gone to contract, I can not definitively say what the OTD cost will be. That final cost may be ever so slightly more than what Mike paid. The owner of the shop & I agreed on a price, which was about $200 more than Chaplin. He had to order one for me in FEB as he had none in stock, and Kaw is not providing any info on when it will be delivered. I prefer to buy from him as I have done in the past. I trust him to hold to his word.

Bunch of little girls, giggling over thier new bikes....
Need some new tassles, I think my wife has some pink one's around here somewhere. She perfers the black leather ones...
Yes, Camper Dave is a :sign0099:
I love my Barney bike  :'(