• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

pics of front and rear tires @ 2450 miles -- BT016 -- 43psi F - 45PSI R

anthony2008

Mini Bike
so im wondering if i should change them now or see if i can get more out of them  :))  1st 2 pics are the front tire , sides are gone but have a little in the middle , last 2 pics are rear tire it seems to be even across but is all most gone ,, funny i put them on at the same time ,,,, what happen to 2 rears to 1 front ??  :mad: 

Attachments

• IMG00502-20120103-1536.jpg
    IMG00502-20120103-1536.jpg
    565.5 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG00504-20120103-1537.jpg
    IMG00504-20120103-1537.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG00507-20120103-1539.jpg
    IMG00507-20120103-1539.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG00512-20120103-1541.jpg
    IMG00512-20120103-1541.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 158
Those will last at least two trips down your driveway and back.................................as long as your driveway is short.  ;D

Sir, try a 'sport tour' tire this time. The Michelin Road3s with a rear in 190/55 works for me. I will never run another Bridgestone. I'm just sayin..... :motonoises:

ddtmoto said:
Sir, try a 'sport tour' tire this time. The Michelin Road3s with a rear in 190/55 works for me. I will never run another Bridgestone. I'm just sayin..... :motonoises:
the 016s where only $200 out the door for both ,,, and i do use 190/55 on the rear ,, not ever using them again  . good thing i have been taking it easy the 3 months ...  ???

Is $200 OTD really any cost savings? When you factor in 2,450 miles, time or cost to mount the tires. Then you could use a base line or about $400 for 4,900 miles plus the time and/or cost for mounting and balancing.

Cap'n Bob said:
Is $200 OTD really any cost savings? When you factor in 2,450 miles, time or cost to mount the tires. Then you could use a base line or about $400 for 4,900 miles plus the time and/or cost for mounting and balancing.
  you are right for sure -- but i all so get them put on for free :) , the guys at the shop hook me up , i just bring them some food like a bucket of chicken there so easy HAHA , but your right about time ,,

tony said:
Cap'n Bob said:
  you are right for sure -- but i all so get them put on for free :) , the guys at the shop hook me up , i just bring them some food like a bucket of chicken there so easy HAHA , but your right about time ,,

What tires are you going with next?

Jeremy said:
tony said:
Cap'n Bob said:

Popeye's, Church's, Chick-fil-A, or KFC?  ;D

That's awesome you can get em to work for chicken.  But I have to agree, the reputation of the Stones wearing out during the install process kinda negates any wishbone having a chance at enjoying them for long.

Rev Ryder said:
Jeremy said:
tony said:
Cap'n Bob said:

Popeye's, Church's, Chick-fil-A, or KFC?  ;D

That's awesome you can get em to work for chicken.  But I have to agree, the reputation of the Stones wearing out during the install process kinda negates any wishbone having a chance at enjoying them for long.
  i dont want to be to negative on the stones ! i was riding the 14 like a sport bike for a 1000 or so miles , had my RC51 down for upgrades , next set of tires will last longer now that i will be riding the 14 like a sport tour , as for them working for chicken thats only sometimes , most of the time they just do it for me , in the years i have known them at the shop , its being cool with them has got me to this point ,,,

Jeremy said:
tony said:
Cap'n Bob said:

-----------  Metzeler MEZ3  got the front and rear for $180 out the door and with my free mounting its a no brainer :) so after this weekend im sure my tires should be waisted taking a trip on highway 1 , down the coast , then ill put the new ones on ,,,

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!iQE6KfuHZ+nBOwJPCvJ-Q~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqZ,!iQE6KfuHZ+nBOwJPCvJ-Q~~60_12.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 98
Have to agree the stockers suck. Slip, Slide and follow a pavement crease like a dog follows a gravy trail. Love those pilot 2's.

[/quote]-----------  Metzeler MEZ3  got the front and rear for $180 out the door and with my free mounting its a no brainer :) so after this weekend im sure my tires should be waisted taking a trip on highway 1 , down the coast , then ill put the new ones on ,,,
[/quote]

Only because they were cheap! Good luck making it "down the coast" and back. I wouldn't ride on those worn out pieces of garbage another mile! I guess it adds a thrill to the ride.... :-\

-----------  Metzeler MEZ3  got the front and rear for $180 out the door and with my free mounting its a no brainer :) so after this weekend im sure my tires should be waisted taking a trip on highway 1 , down the coast , then ill put the new ones on ,,,
[/quote]

Only because they were cheap! Good luck making it "down the coast" and back. I wouldn't ride on those worn out pieces of garbage another mile! I guess it adds a thrill to the ride.... :-\
[/quote]    where going from Sacramento to  Bodega bay all twisters :) im riding with a group of sportbikes that well dont know the speed limit  :)) , i would normally ride my Rc51 but its a long and will be cold , so the C14 is going i may not be in front but i wont be last , good night everyone , got to get up early 

well i was ready to go , warmed up the C14 and took it off the center stand and it was lower , what the hell there was a screw in the rear tire ahhhh , so i took my other bike , sad to say i will be changing them out ,, end of this story  ???  WAIT !!!!!!!  UPDATE i put a plug in  :)) it lives i will not take them off till the middle is bald !!!  cant wait to see how they look at the end  :beerchug:

Never a popcorn emoticon when you need one.  :D

While I've ridden many a mile on plugs and will do so again, you MAY catch some flak from some for doing so.  :beerchug:

Rev Ryder said:
Never a popcorn emoticon when you need one.  :D

While I've ridden many a mile on plugs and will do so again, you MAY catch some flak from some for doing so.  :beerchug:
  -- i use them , hell back in the day even had one in my sport bike and did a track day at thunder hill ,, had them on my supermoto bike ,,,, now on my C14 all ready had one in when the tire was new with only 500 miles on it ,, now with 2500 miles one more goes in ,,, i take a heat gun and heat the tire and the plug plus use rubber glue ,, never had one fail ,,, i used to get a nail in the tire and i would run out and get a new tire ,, that was stupid to waist that money , but never again ,,, you put them in right and everything melts together perfect ,,,,  :beerchug:

now I'm curious... here's some pics of my stock Bridgestones @ 4400 miles. I run 42 cold front and back, once I get going they usually read 44-45 on the display.

What kind of wear do you think I'm getting? The front has a little peak in the center. The rear seems to be a little angled off from the center to the sides. We don't have a lot of hard twisties around here, I'd say 1000 of my miles have been done on decent twisty roads and the rest on country back roads with sweepers or on the slab.
I have been looking at the tire threads so I'm a little more informed when it comes time to replace them. I think for my use, I'd rather have a longer lasting tire vs a sticky one for hard riding.

Front:
IMG_0075.jpg

Rear:
IMG_0074.jpg

Those actually look pretty darned good for OEM stock 'Stones at 4400miles. 

I too value long wear over grippy cornering.  I'd recommend you look at Metzler ME880s, but I don't know if they make them in C14 sizes.

I don't blame anyone for favoring good grip over long wear; it's just that here in Florida I don't run into that many twisties. 
11 curves in 318 miles, after all...  :)

I really enjoy the heck out of riding The Dragon.  I've been up there five times so far and it's always a blast.  But I take my time and don't push it - not because of my tires but because of my notable lack of experience in the twisties.

So I'm here to say that even those of us who don't do much technical riding can have a lot of fun on The Dragon!

That's because your a smart rider CD. As Clint Eastwood sez " A man's got to know his limitations". It's about enjoying the ride right? We need to get you out west. If the dragon puts a smile on your face the left coast mountains and canyons would bring a tear to your eye. A little slice of heaven.

I'd really love to come out west.  These days I even have the time... which (of course!) means that I don't have the money.  I've never been significantly west of the Mississippi River and it'd be a blast to ride out into the unknown.  I've gotten to know the eastern seaboard pretty well over the past 35 years; time for something fresh!

All I really need is a full-time job... but of course then I wouldn't have the time!  :truce:

BT016 is not a bad tire.  it is the wrong application on the 700 lbs C14.  A heavy sport tourer needs sport touring tires.

I have BT016 PRO on my sport bikes and like them very much, but they are 450lbs wet.

DanL - just a heads up, that is almost exactly what my tires looked like at 4,000 miles, and while at 4,500 the back looked "ok", the front was almost completely to the chords on one side. I've heard others say the same thing, when the front OEM goes, it goes really fast. Just my opinion, but before I ventured out for a moderate to long haul, I would be replacing those stockers.

More FYI, I went with the Pirellis and like them a bunch!

I my thinking a top level sport touring bike like our C14 should be loaded with at least good tires. What do they save by putting only something round, black and full of air on these wheels? The 'stones really hold this bike back, IMHO. I call oem tires 'break-in tires'. On your first oil change, do yourself a favor, ditch the crummy rubber...but then, if you can stand to leave them on until they are worn, that's cool too...

Dalroo said:
DanL - just a heads up, that is almost exactly what my tires looked like at 4,000 miles, and while at 4,500 the back looked "ok", the front was almost completely to the chords on one side. I've heard others say the same thing, when the front OEM goes, it goes really fast. Just my opinion, but before I ventured out for a moderate to long haul, I would be replacing those stockers.

More FYI, I went with the Pirellis and like them a bunch!

Thanks! I have 4900 now, they still look ok. I'll surely be replacing them before any long trips next summer. I figure I can get thru the winter/spring with them but if not, I'll get new ones sooner. I think I'm down to the Angels or the PR3's as my choices, they seem to get the best reviews for performance and wear.

And sorry, not that it matters, but I gave bad 411. Mine were at 5,000 when they started going away and replaced at 5,500 or so. Not a big deal, I know, but I didn't want to leave bad info hanging :-[

:'( sad day the tires are off the bike at 2874 miles the rear is showing belts now and the front is very bad to ,,, at the end only road to and from work , tires where to bad to have fun on , new tires going on in next few days ,, cant wait its going to feel like new ,,,  :beerchug: 

wow my front tire was not as bad as that one and my mind kept telling me to change it NOW!!!!!!!!! so i did, mind is much happier, will cost more to fix the bike.