• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pics of the 2009 National site, Shiftin n Grinnin

JohnC

Street Cruiser
Folks: If you had some thought or question in your mind about next year's National Rally, well you might just want to take a look at the two NEW albums. If I missed anything, then let me know. I'll go back and get some more pictures. Not a problem on that one. :) http://community.webshots.com/user/joh2car As for the roads, well it is motorcycle heaven, see if you can find a straight one. As for the people, most are very friendly and welcome our visits. As for the area, well if you like water and mountains, this is some of the best. Not to mention that it is usually 5-10 degrees cooler there. Now this will be a vacation, as cell phones don't work there. But there is wireless access so the internet is still available. If you are on a diet, forget it, the food is great. Yes, the BBQ is quite good and there is a lot of places that serve it. There is an enormous listing of activities and attractions that one can do. They go from mild to wild and I'm sure you will find something that interests you. We are still developing that list and expect to have it along with the registration info, available soon. To start to work on some of the extras, if you are interested in a group Whitewater adventure, drop me an email. If there is enough of you that are interested, this is one we can do. Thanks for looking, do hope you will attend. It is going to be one heck of a rally. tcars John

Wow John that is quite a place. Is that all in a closed resort or is it along a public roadway? I would love to find something like that in our SC area to try and get a nationals here. Anyone know of one that is not a dude ranch or golf resort? ---------------------------------- I will answer any question. It is up to you to figure out if I should have.
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

Bob The resort is open to the public and it sets on NC highway 28, that is the only way to it or from it. If you are coming in from the east, the curves will get tighter and tighter, then you know you are getting close. :) If you are coming in from the west, it is very scenic as most of it runs alongside the river and is also curvy. Once you cross the bridge over the river you are almost in the front entrance. With the internet it is a bit easier to search and find these places. Just keep an eye out for where others have their rally. Dallas and Ft. Worth have a lot to offer, so does Austin, and you have the Big Bend area, any big hotels there? There is also the Ozarks, they have some good roads also. You just have to do some research. Wishing you luck and hope to see you at "Shiftin n Grinnin". tcars John COG, ROK, & AMA

Now the last time I was up there I rode a road I'd not been on before. It is called Wayah Road, it runs off of highways 19 and 74. Its official designation is NC 1310. As for my thoughts of it, LOVED IT! Quite curvy, very scenic, thought I'd never reach the top, and should have brought a fishing pole along (plenty of trout fishermen). I can't remember how many times we crossed the creek going up, but it was a bunch. Now as for the lake on the other side, I'm ready to move, my kind of place. BTW, I think it is the last two picture in the first album. The next to last is a pic of the lake and the last one is at the tail end of Wayah Road, when it finally straightens out. tcars John