• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

(PICS THREAD) Mid Fla RTE, Celbrating The End Of Summer, 9/22/12

Stevewfl

Hi,

If its OK I would like to share pics of the Southeast event today.  Kudo's to the organizers who did such an awesome job, SteveJ for making coffee this morning almost as good as Marge's, and everyone who showed up.  Teressa and I had a blast! 

Here are a few pics. I have them in hi-rez if anyone is interested.  I'd like to speak to the powers that be over the great COG magazine I've been getting about posting some South pics "just for the cause.

Sparky's served up some STELLAR breakfast morsels after our arrival
SRW_7071_zpsda689f6a.jpg

SRW_7080_zps623d1799.jpg

EXTRA LARGE PIZZA PAN, this was one breakfast
SRW_7076_zpse9dd38c4.jpg

SRW_7075_zps6b2c5720.jpg

Even my girl Teressa was WOWing all over this food
SRW_7078_zps8d4adec3.jpg

SRW_7057_zpse71f6ac7.jpg

SRW_7093_zps1df78404.jpg

Every sweet KLR needs an opener!
SRW_7093-2_zpse7543e87.jpg

And the KLR got PATCHED (ask him about this tank bodywork)
SRW_7067_zpsc37b6f58.jpg

SRW_7065_zpscdb656c2.jpg

SRW_7061_zps5ac329a2.jpg

SRW_7062_zps3d6f99ea.jpg

Brand new
SRW_7069-2_zps20883881.jpg

New and CLEAN!
SRW_7069_zpsb1c613ba.jpg

SRW_7066_zpsca598c55.jpg

So SteveJ hits above 150K miles and installs an "HYDROCARBON" kit huh I need to ask him about this mod!?
SRW_7064_zps6094445d.jpg

SteveJ also said a next goal is to hit 200K, so I kindly obliged to help his bike and its officially been blessed by the wings of a fast angel =)
SRW_7091_zpsae84b268.jpg

SRW_7063_zpsc96e4df6.jpg

A friend of mine Phil, he rides a somewhat "different" Kawasaki. This is his second COG outing. Hello, can one of the South recruiters bring him into the club???  =)
SRW_7103_zps77469aaa.jpg

A BMW owner explained he had to waste his Saturday trailering his bike to the shop for repair.
SRW_7060_zps30d79fd2.jpg

We all salute him, and wish him well with his bike!
SRW_7100_zpsd9050136.jpg

(disclaimer the COG bird group pic wasn't for the BMW nor did anyone suggest it, this is not serious)

Great pics, looks like y'all had a great time.  Love the salute to our esteemed leader Al.  :beerchug:

Thanks again #9334 for the photos.

I especially like the salute to Al. :great:

The Kipass photo rocks.

Hey you guys, get your own salute....that one's mine.
Good attendance and a great photo. All the NC riders at the rally I was at in Steelville, MO spoke of how cool the SE riders are and of their ability to party hardy. Gotta admit, we DO have the best of riders & COG members in the SE. You make all of this freakin' two finger typing worth it.  Al

After having a big breakfast (on a pizza pan) I thought it would be a great idea to go work it off so I rode the bike to the Jennings GP track  , took the saddle bags and windshield off  and took her for a good run..
D3S_1210.jpg

IMG_20120924_113300.jpg

D3S_2476.jpg

IronButtAl said:
Hey you guys, get your own salute....that one's mine.
Good attendance and a great photo. All the NC riders at the rally I was at in Steelville, MO spoke of how cool the SE riders are and of their ability to party hardy. Gotta admit, we DO have the best of riders & COG members in the SE. You make all of this freakin' two finger typing worth it.  Al

:great:

Hey Boss, it looks like we might be getting a bit of a reputation.

SECOG RAWKS!

Daytona_Mike said:
After having a big breakfast (on a pizza pan) I thought it would be a great idea to go work it off so I rode the bike to the Jennings GP track  , took the saddle bags and windshield off  and took her for a good run..
D3S_1210.jpg

IMG_20120924_113300.jpg

D3S_2476.jpg

Nice way to work off a pizza pan breakfast. I'm still amazed at the size of the ham steak.

We will be back there again, most likely a lunch run some time this fall/winter/spring.

Disclaimer: Sparky's bought my breakfast. How cool is that? I just heard from a little birdie that it was one of the attendee's that bought my breakfast. Sorry, and thanks. They wouldn't take my money and I ASSumed it was cuz they bought it. Again, sorry, and again, THANKS!!!

Ain't COG great? Or what?

Thanks Eddie. It was nice to see everyone at the RTE. 
  We need to plan our route  to Barberville.  I also  need to get  my 100K sticker for my bike.  The guy who is in charge of that seems to be slackin' a bit!  :)

Mike,
Looks like you had way too much fun after the RTE. BTW, you sure you're looking for the 100K sticker and not the 100mph one??  :motonoises: