• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pilot Power

ndmiller

Bicycle
Plugged a nail in the rear Dunlop Roadsmart a few weeks back, so this weekend searching for some tires.  OEM, no likey, Metzler Z6 Interact better but heavy turning and predictability fell off as the miles went on.  Roadsmarts were very good, but very expensive, not worth it IMHO.  I tried some Pilot Powers as they were in-stock and relatively inexpensive $250 as set.  Grip is excellent, bike just falls into turns, so very happy.  Longevity will probably be pretty low in terms of mileage (heavy bike, sticky tire), but I wanted to treat myself.  Anyone have any milage reports on these?

PR3's will be my next set..hopefully I won't decide I need tires on Saturday next time:-[ :-[

Noah

The Power I tried on the front went pretty fast. My buddy runs Powers on his Sprint ST and has no cupping, my lighter sport bikes wear them evenly, must be the extra stress this big ass sportbike puts on them. Big problem was odd wear. Cupped bad. I think I got 3k out of it before the cupped areas were to the wear bars. Keep an eye on psi, keep at least 42 in it. I also tried Power 2ct, and Road2s, they all cupped out before their time. No such issues with Road3s. They rock and last without any odd wear patterns..

Have you tried the Bridgestone 023's, I had a set on my 09 and they felt great, no cupping or unusual wear.

I have a PR3 on the rear and I have the Bridgestone 023 on my front, and after 3000 miles the Bridgestone 023 is still going strong and feels good.  No unusual wear, no cupping. 

The stock BT021 cupped and wore out in the first 3000 miles,  it was worthless. 

Umfundisi said:
I have a PR3 on the rear and I have the Bridgestone 023 on my front, and after 3000 miles the Bridgestone 023 is still going strong and feels good.  No unusual wear, no cupping. 

The stock BT021 cupped and wore out in the first 3000 miles,  it was worthless.
If you think your bike feels good now, with a miss matched set of tires, I just bet you would be more than impressed with a Road3 on the front to complement the rear. 'Feeling good' is not the same as, 'Awesome tires Dude!'. .