• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pinlock??

FTB530

So my helmet included a Pinlock evo,
Package says do not use at night,so who uses one of these and is it worth the bassle of taki g it off and on if riding into the dark? I think I won't be putting it o. The helmet.

I've got the Transitions shield on my Shoei RF-1200 and the pinlock installed. I notice a slight degradation in the amount of light transmitted with the pinlock, but it's not enough to make me take it off.

I have the pinlock installed all the time on my Shoei Neotec (modular) and agree it's too much hassle to take off just for a night ride. Most of my rides are in day but during the transition from sunset to dark, it doesn't make sense to pull over and remove. YMMV tho as my rides are sometimes in wet and cold days and the pinlock helps prevent the fogging which is the main reason why I keep it in.

Pinlock recommends not using it at night because of the light refraction caused by the additional layer of plastic. It's a CYA move from their legal department. I have a pinlock in my Nola N104 and use it frequently at night. It MAY cause some issues if you wear glasses under your helmet. The anti-fog protection, IMO, makes it worth the limited risk.