• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Plug for SISF

oldsawfiler

Crotch Rocket
Sent Steve a "spare" set of carbs for him to rebuild with his jet kit early last week. Got them back Tues. That's from the Seattle area to Florida and back! Lots of personal contact including E-Mails and Phone calls to confirm info. Will install as soon as the weather permits. It's to Damn hot to work out side right now. "If it hasn't killed me yet, it's runnin out of time" COG # 8062 AMA # 1084053 ROMA or Scarlet harlot acording to my wife

Bill: I have an idea that once you find the time to install them, you will be greatly surprised. Steve did a set for me some time ago, then sent me an update, but the first time I fired it off, it ran pretty danged well, much better than stock. tcars John

97* in the shade and dead calm. Got 44 MPG on last tank. That's up from 40MPG on the last several tanks. I haven't installed the "new" carbs yet, but did drain the bowls and flush the old ones. It had been running very rich and dripping smelling gassy when I shut it down. I also installed an in line filter. The weather is supposed to moderate over the weekend, so will probably switch them out Monday or Tues. Looking forward to trying the "2 min. Mod" "If it hasn't killed me yet, it's runnin out of time" COG # 8062 AMA # 1084053 ROMA or Scarlet harlot acording to my wife

Steve: Shhhhhh! You're not supposed to let the secrets out. :) Now the good news is, I have found someone to paint it, but it will be cooler weather before he can get to it. I have to agree on the hot weather. I ran the fans in the shop all night hoping to get up and out there early this morning. Wrong, yard work took over again, then it was HOT again in very short time, and I was back inside. tcars John

Got them in just did a test ride. Feels great, but did not install the foam. Not sure where it goes. In the intake throat to the air box? I think that I'll put her on Evilbay before I ever do a carb R&R again. "If it hasn't killed me yet, it's runnin out of time" COG # 8062 AMA # 1084053 ROMA or Scarlet harlot acording to my wife

Bill - there's no way it's gonna run correctly without the foam, so there's alot more greatness left - I did send you a couple papers with the carbs, didn't I? There's a description of foam installation at the bottom of the "upgrade" sheet - call me again if you need to. Steve

Steve, It's running better than it ever has without the foam, but will put it in before I ride again. Thanks "If it hasn't killed me yet, it's runnin out of time" COG # 8062 AMA # 1084053 ROMA or Scarlet harlot acording to my wife

Bill - be sure to read the part in the "tuning" section about cutting the foam. In fact if I were you, I would cut 1/2" off the WIDTH of one of the foam blocks and install it first, then ride the bike with some hard accells when warmed up, looking for any hesitation / flat spots. If you have none, you can even cut another 1/4" off the width, but no more. If you go to far, or have hesitation at 1/2" cut, install the full foam block, and don't try cutting more than 1/4" off the width, as you'll already know 1/2" was to much. You most likely will end up with 1/2" to 3/4" cut off being perfect. Keep in mind that as you cut you lean the mixture, which gives better fuel economy (to a point), but TO lean and theres no power. I know with no foam you're way to lean and if you took it out and romped on it, it'll fall on it's face. Let me know where you end up foam - wise. Thanks, steve