• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pod perchs

Konehead34

I was wondering if anyone has heard from Peter l? I don't see his ebay ad and the thread from his auxiliary light mount posting comes up with an error. He was last seen on yhe forum july 2022.

Does anybody else know of someone making yhe under the mirror light mounts?

Does anybody else know of someone making the under the mirror light mounts?

I don't want to take any sales away if there are some out there that are available......but.....

....unless you have rectangular lights with a specific pattern that needs to be level...the angled pucks aren't really needed.

Longer bolts (machine screws if you prefer) (6), some aluminum spacers (6) and a couple (two pairs) of large stainless fender washers are what you need to make your own. (OK, the washers need to be drilled as well. I just super glued them together for the drilling as the bolts and spacers squeeze them together once it's mounted)

Yes they will be angled but as long as you have 2 axis movement that is all you need for aiming round lights, they don't need to hang down level like square or rectangular ones might need. (I'm not sure the cheaper square ones need to be level, since they probably don't have a real "pattern"
to them, and are usually filled with round reflectors inside the square housing, but they might look a bit strange)

The three bolts and spacers need to be long enough so you can get a slim open end wrench in between the bottom of the mirror perch and the top of the upper washer to tighten the aux light to the mount. Yes my bolt heads are rusty, I should have taken the time to get stainless bolts as well or at least painted them....."someday" I will. Of course if you want yours to look better than mine and painted black and maybe even make some sort of plastic cover over them (cut down black cap from a rattle ball paint can?) please be my guest. Looks are important to some, I on the other hand just wanted to light up the deer. As you might guess, I'm one of those guys that rarely wash their bike or clean their windshield.

Last edited: