• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

POOR BOY BAG LINERS

JDM77

Street Cruiser
They are cheap, can be used over and over, will keep your clothes dry, and you can see what is in each bag without unpacking it.  If you put some fabric softener sheets  in each bag it will keep the flies off.  8)   

Attachments

• 022 (310x228).jpg
    022 (310x228).jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 023 (214x320).jpg
    023 (214x320).jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 136
COGnosticat0r said:
You need to go COG cheap:

Walmart bags, free and an unlimited supply  :-\

I used them for a while with my C10  ;D
Sounds perfect for a KLR. I a$$ume Target bags would be too upscale.

I threatened to use walmart bags on my last trip.  My kids were so afraid of what people would think they bought real bag liners for me. 

Nice thing about the Ziploc bags is you can squeeze the air out of them to pack more in the space you have.

And you can see what is in each bag without unpacking it, this makes it easy to take out only what you need.  No repacking every morning. :)

WillyP said:
Nice thing about the Ziploc bags is you can squeeze the air out of them to pack more in the space you have.

Funny that you say that. My wife has watched me do this very thing when packing the Ziploc freezer bags with stuff in them. So she got this idea to buy me those space bags that you see on TV. I haven't had the heart to tell her that I won't have a vacuum to suck out the air for the return trip.
But they would work good on one of the disposable clothes trips. Those are the trips or parts of the trips that I use older clothes, like T shirts and socks that may be worn or developing holes. I save them and use them on trips. Then at the end of the day, they get disposed of in the trash at the hotel. Sometimes I come back with a lot less than I left with!  :))

Cap'n Bob said:
WillyP said:

Funny that you say that. My wife has watched me do this very thing when packing the Ziploc freezer bags with stuff in them. So she got this idea to buy me those space bags that you see on TV. I haven't had the heart to tell her that I won't have a vacuum to suck out the air for the return trip.
But they would work good on one of the disposable clothes trips. Those are the trips or parts of the trips that I use older clothes, like T shirts and socks that may be worn or developing holes. I save them and use them on trips. Then at the end of the day, they get disposed of in the trash at the hotel. Sometimes I come back with a lot less than I left with!  :))

Just tee off some manifold vacuum!

The travel Space Bags do not require a vacuum. They have a one-way valve system molded in, you zip them then roll them to sqeeze the air out through the valve. Not a real vacuum seal, but pretty effective.

Love Freezer zip lock bags for camping.

Put instant rice in one, add appropriate amount of boiling water, add a chicken boullion cube, canned chicken, water chestnuts, mix and let sit. Instant Moo Goo! (Gotta be freezer thickness).

Good idea using the big freezer bags. During my years as a scout master we always had plenty of these bags for the boys to use in their back packs. Great way to keep things in place and dry. You can compress them to reduce volume. Not very stylish but oh so practical.
Buzzard

I use the reusable canvas like material shopping bags. think bought them for a buck each every time i forget my bags.