• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pop with Delkevic 14”

cragantler

So I’ve always had an occasional slight pop on decel ever since I installed my 14” Delkevic slip ons. It doesn’t seem to be a backfire as it isn’t that loud or constant. I synched the carbs and that seemed to help some. Jim Snyder’s mod doesn’t work with the 14” baffles. Worth a try.
Have the 2 minute mod when Steve did my carbs a few years back.
I bought another airbox as I had repaired mine years ago. Ran hi test thru after emptying tank. Run TWC-3 in tank.
I know sometimes this can come from leaks and wondering if I caused this by not using the grease that came with the pipes.
Going to try this weekend and just throwing out ideas.
Like the pipes yet don’t recall this pop on my stock.
Thanks, Doug

Last edited:
I bought a set over Black Friday (my stockers were literally rotten out, wasn't taking a chance on used. Actually the entire system has been replaced). I originally ran without the sealant supplied. Noticed the gaskets migrating?! Never dealt with that before. So, after several futile attempts to run without, I revisited and sealed the gaskets. Problem solved. Personally, I don't care for the system. Cheap and chintzy.

I have only heard one pop out of this exhaust (I run the baffles) which only happened after a particularly strange run on a back road. Other than that, nothing.