• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Portland Oregon IMS show

Funny you should ask.  Look what just popped up on the Calendar.

https://cog.memberize.net/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=225371&mo=10&tDate=%7Bd%20%272015-10-23%27%7D

Slab it or carpool? Seattle is probably too expensive. Is this a bigger venue? Maybe more vendors(and no Infomercial crap).

Braz said:
For those that have been before ... is it worth the extra $11 to spring for the VIP admission?
We did the VIP thing in Seattle last year. You get in a little earlier and you get a bit more swag, but I will not do it again. I like to look at things on my own schedule and not get rushed through a quick preview of everything. My 2 cents......

2linby said:
Anyone in the NW group planning on attending? 

http://motorcycleshows.com/city/portland-or
Yep, we plan on attending. See y'all Saturday.  :great:

Bob, is it worth going to? I have never gone but thanks for posting, maybe I will go.

woodie said:
Bob, is it worth going to? I have never gone but thanks for posting, maybe I will go.
If you like looking at new toys (motorcycles and accessories) it is worth going. Come on up Woodie, I'll buy you lunch/dinner.

I wasn't even aware of this but I plan to be there now!  >:D

I'll probably bring my daughter who thinks she wants to race sport bikes as well, she'll love it!  :motonoises:

woodie said:

That's up to you woodie, But let me ask you, is it worth it to see, touch and feel a hundred motorcycles? maybe more......  ;)  Oh and see me too!  HA!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

This is the week, crappy riding forecast. Might make by lunch from Seattle. I would hope to see more regional vendors than the Seattle show.

So far in my truck is Roland, Dan P. and I.  It seats four with a full size back seat and real doors, so it's not a back seat meant for small dogs.  If anybody else wants to pile in from the Seattle area, let me know.  I can even pick you up/drop you off on the way if you're between Seattle and Portland.

+1
I'm in the car pool!
I can meet the car pool at the PnR  , I-5 and WA 512 next to the McD's, waiting in the McD's.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
So far in my truck is Roland and I.  It seats four with a full size back seat and real doors, so it's not a back seat meant for small dogs.  If anybody else wants to pile in from the Seattle area, let me know.  I can even pick you up/drop you off on the way if you're between Seattle and Portland.

That's three of us.  Working it backward, lunch is scheduled for noon at the Red Robin. 25 minutes to park at the Convention Center and walk to Red Robin, 11:35 get off the freeway in Portland. Two hours fifteen minutes to drive from McD's in south Tacoma to Portland if traffic is OK, leave Tacoma at 9:20.  45 minutes from my house to south Tacoma, leave my place at 8:35.  That's no stopping for gas or pee breaks, so perhaps it's best if Roland and I leave my place about 8am and meet you in Tacoma a little before 9.  What do you think?

danodemotoman said:
+1
I'm in the car pool!
I can meet the car pool at the PnR  , I-5 and WA 512 next to the McD's, waiting in the McD's.

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
So far in my truck is Roland and I.  It seats four with a full size back seat and real doors, so it's not a back seat meant for small dogs.  If anybody else wants to pile in from the Seattle area, let me know.  I can even pick you up/drop you off on the way if you're between Seattle and Portland.

OK 8:45 that would be Lakewood (PnR) inside Mcd's having prior coffee and brekie samich at the exit off I-5 & WA 512

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
That's three of us.  Working it backward, lunch is scheduled for noon at the Red Robin. 25 minutes to park at the Convention Center and walk to Red Robin, 11:35 get off the freeway in Portland. Two hours fifteen minutes to drive from McD's in south Tacoma to Portland if traffic is OK, leave Tacoma at 9:20.  45 minutes from my house to south Tacoma, leave my place at 8:35.  That's no stopping for gas or pee breaks, so perhaps it's best if Roland and I leave my place about 8am and meet you in Tacoma a little before 9.  What do you think?

danodemotoman said:
+1
I'm in the car pool!

Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:

I'll try to get there by breakfast Charlie. I will try to be early in case it takes longer. If you drive like we ride, we should be there plenty early. If all fill up on coffee we will have time for pee breaks, always have a plan.

motovetro said:
I'll try to get there by breakfast Charlie. I will try to be early in case it takes longer. If you drive like we ride, we should be there plenty early. If all fill up on coffee we will have time for pee breaks, always have a plan.

Can't get too crazy with speed on I-5, but I am familiar with the passing lane.  If you can get to my place a little before 8 we should be golden.

I think I'll go down to the show on Saturday, maybe I'll see some of you folks there!  :beerchug:

Whew it was a drencher on the way down until an hour before Portland.
Even more rain on the return with standing water on streets before getting on the interstate heading north. Some slowdowns each way but the traffic kept moving.
Charlie, thanks for the driving.

woodie and red fox connected on the show floor.

Big time rain in afternoon and evening; glad drove with friends vs. riding. 

Certainly it was by far the safest way, I have ridden that route before in that weather. I enjoyed the Portland tour in Charlies boat. The show seemed smaller but it's always fun.

Hmm, missed the lunch meeting post but glad to see a good turnout!  :beerchug:

Portland show was great, just wish the weather was better for possible demo/test rides. Definitely a soaker day so glad I drove instead of riding! Some random photos I took...

https://d.docs.live.net/9507cfcbb33464b5/Public/MC-Concours/2016%20Portland%20IMS

I wasn't very impressed with the show, seemed way small and not many booth vendors IMO, only took 2 hours to see everything...  ???

Agree it was smaller and less vendors, but my expectations weren't high compared to Seattle, but I made the most of it!    :truce:  What I appreciated was being able to get more info from reps and also scored more free schwag/shirts. :)

I was looking for the SPOT3 vendor but not at Portland, so I'll probably pick it up at REI. Also was looking for any special farkles or ideas for my C14 but wasn't able to score anything in particular.  :mad:

ZG said:
I wasn't very impressed with the show, seemed way small and not many booth vendors IMO, only took 2 hours to see everything...  ???
:stupid:

Ya, wasn't real impressed either!

I hadn't read this thread before going and was unaware of the lunchtime connie gather, BTW.

ZG said:
I wasn't very impressed with the show...
I liked it. 

Great facility, parked car underneath & elevatored up; no rain exposure!  Food and drink inside.  Indoor stunt show.
Enough people but not over crowded - maybe heavy rain / street flooding kept some away? 

BMW concept bike...
Nov%203%202015%20389_zpswjhyhb8a.jpg

Think the C14's muffler is big?  take look at Suzuki's Bandit 1250.  Liked bike otherwise.
Nov%203%202015%20382_zps8ucru5l1.jpg

Bonneville Salts Flats speeder powered by two inline Triumph engines
Nov%203%202015%20393_zpsv5knjnih.jpg

It was also listed on the calendar of events, but I will say in your defense it wasn't on there for a very long period of time.  Someone better slap our AD around a little.