• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Product review and oh yeah that happened

mnbikeguy

After an actual test in the field I'd like to take this moment to highly endorse Murph's Tip Over Bars.

Testing details
Time of day - 1:30pm
Weather - 72 and sunny
Road Surface: Perfect
Motorcycle orientation: up and then down
Test summary: Rider approached bike in casual manner in good spirits. After securing helmet and gloves rider triggered the ignition and after a brief warm-up swung leg over saddle and engaged clutch while shifting into 1st gear. Rider proceeded to look in both directions before slipping in the clutch to perform a u-turn onto the roadway. As rider slips clutch and starts moving there is an ever so slight bog at the moment the bike is leaning to turn and down it goes.
Rider picks himself up from the ground and clicks the kill switch and says "!@#$." Rider picks up bike and walks bike to opposite side of road for vehicle inspection and introspection of what the !@#$ just happened. Upon review of the vehicle, rider determines that the Murph's Tip Over Bars saved his !@# because other than a slight bend in the brackets securing the bar to the vehicle NO other damage was sustained. Rider proceeds to pull forward on the Tip Over Bar returning it to its previous configuration and rider returns home thanking his lucky stars that he had invested in Murph's Tip Over Bars. Best $ I've spent.
This concludes the field test of the Murph's Tip Over Bars. If you don't have them do yourself and your wallet a favor and get them.

Hello my name is "Mike" and I'm a Connie dropper.

Mike
        I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Laugh because of the way you told the story, or cry cause now you have to join the CDA club, which nobody wants.

mnbikeguy is cool  :great: :great: :great:

ACISROC said:
Mike
        I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Laugh because of the way you told the story, or cry cause now you have to join the CDA club, which nobody wants.

mnbikeguy is cool  :great: :great: :great:

I believe in telling stories well even if they're sad.  :)

ACISROC is way cool  :great: :great: :great:

It was definitely well-told, Mike.  And when it comes right down to it, it's not even sad.  After all, you had Murph's bars actually attached to the bike, rather than sitting on a shelf in your garage.

And so it has now become my sad duty to confirm you as the 556th recipient of the uncoveted Connie Droppers Anonymous Award.  You have yet another tale to share around a Rally campfire.  My sincerest condolences!

The five most recent unfortunates:
0552 C10 Patrick McCormick
0553 C14 Michael Stevens
0554 C10 David Lovelady
0555 C10 Paul Nosek
0556 C10 Michael Hotz