• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

pulsation light braking at 60 ?? (plus another one)

JS_racer

Street Cruiser
suspect the rotors are warped, well i know they are with a dial indicator. not bad but say at 60, super light front brake my bike shakes noticeably. stem bearings were checked using the socket, clicker and digital snap-on torque wrenchs.
also have a vibration at 100+ (on the track of course) could these be related ??
my dealer was checking if they would be covered under warranty, any tips here. its a 09, say 15k miles, additional gtpp 3 year.
they were also checking if they could do the ignition switch spring without the bike being broken, fought that fob and system at the end of last year, new batteries and perfect so far this year. bike was new June 2010 in the box.

thanks for the time,
Joel
(had a bad vibration at say 90, got off the rear pr2 that was worn out, bt-023 and it felt like glass compared. have a pr2 up front about half done, if nothing else fixes it I'm trying a 023 up there too. )

Tell them that the ignition switch keeps sticking on you, but always works when you take it to the dealer to have it looked at. That was the truth for me for three years! Don't say activation switch. Try to sound like a novice!  :)

As far as the others, yes you possibly could have a rotor of two on the way out. But it could also just be build up on the rotors. So it's hard to say. The vibration over 100MPH, IMO could possibly be the tires or possibly the steering head bearing. Both are common culprits in this. And just because it's torqued correctly, doesn't necessarily mean that it's definetly a good bearing. Maybe first try balancing the tires or replacing them if they are getting older.  Just a couple of thoughts.

dealer ordered me a spring, no part number but the"fix" spring. bike didn't have to be broken to get fixed per Kawasaki. also kawa said they could warranty warped rotors, but they had to confirm the warpage. they are also trying to pre order them for me.