• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Race Tech or Traxxion..

mcgyver74

Ok, I am getting ready to drop some paper on the suspension for my bike,  so far this thing wallows in the corners and I just can't seem to dial it in and get the "planted" feeling I had on my FJR

An contemplating sending the forks to Traxxion, or getting the Race tech kit and having it installed locally...

What do you all think? Traxxion or Racetech? :)

No experience with Traxxion, but lots with Race TEch and I love them and they will be my solution when I do the suspension on Kate's BMW and my C14 over the winter.

because if I do I won't be able to afford a few other pesky items...like food LOL  (the Ohlins forks are gorgeous, but I cannot afford them :( )

Mad River Marc said:
because if I do I won't be able to afford a few other pesky items...like food LOL  (the Ohlins forks are gorgeous, but I cannot afford them :( )

When I spoke to Gary Christopher at Ohlins last month he said they were about to release a full cartridge kit for the C14 forks, should be out real soon, I think he said they were gonna be $595, which is pretty reasonable I think...  Might be worth you looking into. :great:

Really?  Gonna have to check that out.

On my FJR I had a Hyperpro spring kit which made a WORLD of difference, figured I wanted to do one slightly better for the 14 :)

will give Ohlins a call and see what they got :)

How have you tried to dial it in? We did a session at the rally to dial one in (mine) and it made a HUGE difference. And we had to dial it in a bit further than I would have thought. I'm wondering if you've not gotten it quite right ...
For a 215 lb rider with gear, the rear had to be dialed in all the way to the end (24 clicks, I think) and the front to having 3 rings showing, with the bottom ring right on the bottom. I'm still playing with the dampening but I can say that there was NO wallowing and it was light-years better than before.

Yup,

I've been playing with the suspension for about a year and I have it way better then it was, but it still doesn't feel planted in the corners