• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Race tech springs

bruce6666

Big Wheel
Well I got some race tech springs without emulators, I have the instructions but holy cow ::) can not figure them out. All the pictures look the same to me. I have a 2004 Concours, Do I have conventional damping rod forks, do we have internal or external top out fork caps, Spacer length? Plan to call Race tech tomorrow for help, but didn't think it would be this hard, to figure out. It anyone has used race tech springs in the past and could enlighten me in English of how to put these in would greatly help.

http://www.racetech.com/HTML_FILES/DampingRodForks.HTML

This article is to explain about how emulators work. But it does have a nice pic of the forks and shows all its different components.

Yes you have conventional dampening rod forks. Did you get a hold of race tech to answer your questions?

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,29268.0.html

This thread was about sonic springs. At the bottom there is a pic of what is should look like, and some info throughout that most of which will apply here. The length of the spacers is for Sonic Springs. While it might be the same, I dont know. You need to use the length of spacer as provided in the race tech instructions.

What Slybones said, plus if Racetech doesn't give you any guidance on the spacer length, the Sonic instructions will work fine, since both Sonic and Racetech are straight rate springs.

HTH,

Thanks everyone, called Race Tech they were great, got the springs in with the help of a race car buddy. Didn't use emulators but, my buddy said the basic idea of the emulators were once used on early 1920-1935 ford model t's and A's
Thanks again

bruce6666 said:
Thanks everyone, called Race Tech they were great, got the springs in with the help of a race car buddy. Didn't use emulators but, my buddy said the basic idea of the emulators were once used on early 1920-1935 ford model t's and A's
Thanks again

Please share the info that your received referencing the questions you posed in your original post.