• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Radio knobs

EBAY...black ones blend in better with the bags, but the chrome ones add a sense of style...

Or, and there other threads about this subject if you look (jint hint) that talk about using your favorite adult beverage cap/top...

I used the caps off black quart bottles of oil,  they blend in perfectly with the bags. I'm cheap..uh ...I mean frugal. ;D

Rideezdale said:
I used the caps off black quart bottles of oil,  they blend in perfectly with the bags. I'm cheap..uh ...I mean frugal. ;D

Me too! Dis the same on the C10s too

I used knobs like this. Liked them as I can look at the white line to determine if the bags are locked or not.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-BLACK-BAKELITE-Ham-radio-Knobs-Lot-of-4/333505089121?hash=item4da673ce61:g:eek:r4AAOSwSZ5dP4IO

NOTE: Mine are cheap imitations, not "vintage".
          ie; Same thing, but cost a lot less because they are not called "vintage"...  :rotflmao:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guitar-Volume-Tone-Control-Knobs-Black-with-White-Line-Top-Hat-Style/223664707679?hash=item341374985f:g:~p8AAOSwDpBdfRL8

For ya'll that are into "bling"; Here are some Les Paul Electric guitar knobs...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Black-Electric-Guitar-Top-Hat-Knobs-Les-Paul-Abalone-Blue-Green-B-Stock/153274595827?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item23afe0b9f3:g:ehMAAOSwh8tcyHbf&enc=AQAEAAACYIQvEcHUrT7nmUC3yY5qbPyaBN1nJEDYW8MyypsJPgXKWvGWBPIgzGbX1fJ04aU6uyFpUTVi9mRicWClU3gO2gkh6SAmdl5JPquG0S9buNyR7TFLa3e2G96cnIN5e8iIFInvqoJRq7iE4yZA7JAATdp62TLIndRitW4pIAT9htB52DCtxQfA0jaiO9iEIhlQsBtXf4dTrXBHIx%2Ffu2OW3wlJbZfaOzzShLTAM9V%2F1jZoUG%2BqF5voyk8nO8nSb5ZkPcnfiD%2BqXdXiPDOuaPEr8N2h0j8xSMVWkgV4RMgj2M7jtk1Xhx%2B7dxN1xaFSjj37TgAdZ5KOlL6xk5uvudWZrGVjJtPrFs0Fkff%2BhS2Umnd%2B6SSlLHzUdO7k1wLuIWvVUY2nZCOTiN8YzgqCrfmNZGNu6%2F9ZpvPr1ateNbHCm0Wtn3QSmjTemj4BdkWNsYycptvhYQmxFDnkWfC2P5kF5yC3JmbL%2FIWn10tWSYQTr2FLxbR%2F7kkv10Zj%2Buw%2BAf%2Bsf3CsseEMmeS9WkaJ1bdVMSpWnBsJezmY7WKlCqH4KH%2BwWUwhZfbQWxC1lXmpdADYaVI%2FPPDnkLKbKYvXrKdnSH7g%2F2CHPV6Y2CjgQVp2Z7iEcNQqYH9RTYXul1mWFUDUmEhMojIWp%2BGtlTFuqJ3IlpqPxlRH5G%2BJdLX09AjPQ6J8Oy2OnwJ8zXiT6txdm70fbPeSFXAFBKocOk38mOy%2FwDNjhAL0IZEAZWKGkuGL42Y9rRX%2FNlkYZEhQYGKZl5U3qbQXcliDyVMl%2BjdG1811EVutsvOXROhVTn8rXA0BgZWf&checksum=1532745958279da322948cde4a7fabb68409210dfc31

Ride safe, Ted

These might look good on my green C14...

61JKV0VSCBL._AC_SL1344_.jpg

Christopher, depending on the cap/knob u choose to  use, ur going to need to trim the keys to fit.  The ones i bought on ebay were not the thin shaft style like the one in the passive fob.  Even If theres a set screw for the knob ur still going to fill the knob with epoxy.  With a bottle cap you'll have to get creative in centering the key and becareful with the height/depth. And fill the cap.with epoxy.

Green faster by at least Mach II, sorry.  :motonoises:

There are some awesome knob bling on Amazon if you look for it.

Harry... just think how COOL they would look illuminated.  Oh man small little pin hole light shinning up into those knobs....

Ya'll are ignoring my question...

ie; Do they have red to match my {fastest colored} bikes?

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Nick, they have lots of black knobs...
        But, <evil grin> That's why I'm looking for red.
            I used black knobs and lost 2 hp.
            I just "thought" about using green {like Harry's} and lost 4 hp..  :nananana:

connie_rider said:
Ya'll are ignoring my question...

ie; Do they have red to match my {fastest colored} bikes?

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Nick, they have lots of black knobs...
        But, <evil grin> That's why I'm looking for red.
            I used black knobs and lost 2 hp.
            I just "thought" about using green {like Harry's} and lost 4 hp..  :nananana:

On Amazon, just for you Ted.

61PlBXvRXrL._AC_SL1344_.jpg

Muchas thanky.
Just saw they want $26 for 4 knobs.  :truce:

Guess I'll stick with the ones I have. {black}
      {Work fine, and only cost me 2 hp}.

I'm old, "and" frugal...    :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

They just cover the lock assembly. Slotted the inside where the key goes. They fit perfect.  The skull heads are oriented so i can see if they are locked or not.

Maybe I am just weird, but it seems counter logic to find ways to attract attention to others about, "Hey, here is how you open me and take my stuff!" But I typically ride and live in a low crime area and still find this not to my liking.

I'm thinking of a custom stove knob.
Been searching for something unique.
Still haven't found anything worthy yet.
The ultimate stove knob farkle. >:D