• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RALEIGH "CAPITAL CITY" BIKE FEST 2012

buzz95610

Bicycle
Hey Pope!
Has anyone thought about a meet up during next months Raleigh bike fest?
Wife and I are thinking about spending the day there Sat and possibly getting a local motel for the night.
Might be a good opportunity to get some COG'ers together for the day and have lunch/dinner together.

Buzz.

This is the first that I've heard of this! I'll try to get something going on this. But it will be tomorrow before I can.

Thanks for bring this to my attention!

I've placed this even on the Southeast calender. All of the information that I have on this can be found on the link that Oz posted. So .... take a look and offer up some suggestions as to what you'd like to do.

Buzz suggested - Might be a good opportunity to get some COG'ers together for the day and have lunch/dinner together.

Any other suggestions or recommendations of a place that you'd like to meet?

Pope,
I'm totally unfamiliar with the RDU area, so best that  I not try to find a place for all of us to eat.
Let's see how many commit to the event and we can plan accordingly.
Shouldn't be to difficult to pick a meet up time/place downtown on Saturday.
Buzz

Yep, plenty of places to eat down town. It might be something like "Hey, this place looks good and it's not too crouded! Let's eat here!" kind of thing.

Hi all, I'm new to the COG.  It would be nice to meet some fellow COG'ers during the rally.  I live about 5 minutes from downtown and could point you in the direction of some good eats.

Matthew

That sounds like a winner!!! My girlfriend and I went last year. It would be a nice plce to meet up. Who else is coming?  The whole area is not that big, but there are alot of places to eat or do a nice ride.

Cheers
Ron

So...anybody planning on meeting up next weekend for bike fest?  Haven't seen much movement on this topic.  I was thinking lunch and a small group ride out around falls lake might be nice.  Any takers?  Time?

Hi - I'm new to the group and the proud owner of a new Concours 14. I live about 25 minutes from downtown Raleigh and was planning to attend the Bikefest.

The Pit is a good BBQ spot near downtown (http://www.thepit-raleigh.com/). If you prefer lighter fare, The 42nd Street Oyster Bar (http://www.42ndstoysterbar.com/) has good seafood for dinner only and 518 West (http://www.518west.com/) is an excellent Italian restaurant that is also only open for dinner on Saturday.  An alternative for Sunday is the Flying Saucer (http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/raleigh/) which opens at noon with a light brunch and the best beer selection in town.

Hope to meet some of you there. 

I second the flying saucer recommendation for either Saturday or Sunday.  I take my GF and out Boston terrier there just about every weekend for lunch and pints.  They have a nice patio with shade if needed and an excellent pork belly sandwich.  It would be a great spot for the group to comfortably meet and converse without being too obnoxious to other patrons.

Pope - any ideas on time/day for meet up?

Any of the mentioned places to eat would work for me.

tootallmfr said:
Pope - any ideas on time/day for meet up?

Saturday (anytime) would be better for me, but Sunday (as long as it's after 12 Noon would work).

What would work out best for the rest of you?

Here is a map of where things will be located.

Attachments

• raleigh-motorcycle-rally-info-map-downtown_sm.png
    raleigh-motorcycle-rally-info-map-downtown_sm.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 103
Either Saturday or Sunday works for me since I expect to be in town both days. Personally, I vote for the Flying Saucer because 1) I like beer, 2) I like pretty women, 3) The cook makes my favorite chicken wings in the world. How about 12 noon on Saturday?

Saturday at noon works for me too.

So ..... meet at the Flying Saucer at noon or earlier somewhere else?

Sounds like a plan. Noon at the Flying Saucer it is! I'll get there a bit early and try to grab a table on the patio on the end farthest away from the front of the bar.

I'm meeting up with some of the NCSportRiders group at the Starbucks (Cary Town Center) at 9:30am (we will not be there too long). Any of you that would like to go to the show before lunch are more than welcome to join this group.

Hey It was great meating all of you. Lunch was excelent as was the company. Hope you all had a safe ride after departing. Mine was great took the back roads back down to Fayetteville hardly any traffic at all.
Mike Mc  :beerchug:

It was good meeting all of you yesterday.  ;)
We should certainly do that again in the near future.

Ron and Debbie, Natali and I finished the bike fest with a dusk ride out around falls lake and into Durham for dinner at Bull McCabes.  I would like propose a group ride some weekend soon, out and around all of the triangle lakes in the near future if folks are interested.  We could ride out around falls lake, down to Jordan lake, down 42 and around Harris lake.

Looking forward to picks of out outing!

Matthew

tootallmfr said:
It was good meeting all of you yesterday.  ;)
We should certainly do that again in the near future.

Ron and Debbie, Natali and I finished the bike fest with a dusk ride out around falls lake and into Durham for dinner at Bull McCabes.  I would like propose a group ride some weekend soon, out and around all of the triangle lakes in the near future if folks are interested.  We could ride out around falls lake, down to Jordan lake, down 42 and around Harris lake.

Looking forward to picks of out outing!

Matthew

Agrred, it was great to meet some fellow COG'ers. Debbie and I had a great time. And thanks Matthew for the ride it was great.  :beerchug:

Cheers
Ron

And here you go Sport Rider,  :)

530123_3181517195617_1497550708_n.jpg

541180_3181518235643_275414150_n.jpg

10297_3181532035988_1366484629_n.jpg

487599_3181522475749_154629348_n.jpg

532334_3181520675704_2057782864_n.jpg

66508_3181516595602_1949874499_n.jpg

422642_3181528435898_1436512335_n.jpg

542180_3181531155966_2001814695_n-1.jpg

402677_3181525835833_1022427574_n.jpg

603273_3181524835808_836478175_n.jpg

527858_3181527355871_1792273751_n.jpg

Thanks Dave!  It was a good ride back from WVA.  Highway 311S was fast and curvy on the way down into Roanoke.