• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

rear end oil

cycle2

Training Wheels
Can anyone tell me how often the rear end fluid should be change on a c-14 and has long as the rear end fluid has api gl5 on it is it ok to use

Ken Kawasaki recommends that the Final Gear Case Oil be changed every 12,000 Km (7500 mi) and the recommended oil type is; API-GL5 minimum or GL6 Hypoid Gear Oil SAE 80 / 90. It takes about 160 ml to refil. Honda markets the exact oil you need in a small squeeze bottle for easy refilling. Kevin

Thanks for your answer Kevin, I am just going to be taking a long trip so I wanted to be sure about the fluids. thanks again