• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Rear tire hugger

JohnnyBravo

My apologies if this is in the wrong area to post this question.
Looking for rear tire hugger for my 2011 Connie, I see some from the U.K. but nothing from the U.S.A.
Any help would be much appreciated, are the U.K. manufactured huggers good quality?
Thanks in advance.

Check out Murphs Kits. I and a few others here got ours from Murphs he is a well known vendor here, same fender from the UK will save a ton on shipping  :)

Also, check out Toews Fenders in the Industry Members section here. I have one of his rear fender extenders and really like it. Brief review in his section.

Leo

Grant said:
Check out Murphs Kits. I and a few others here got ours from Murphs he is a well known vendor here, same fender from the UK will save a ton on shipping  :)

If you're looking for a rear HUGGER, then you have limited options, ProjektD being one, and a few others.
Several posts on this topic, and I'm pretty sure I posted up the same question about two months ago - all asked and answered within that thread.

Murph WILL NOT handle trans-shipments for individuals or sponsor group buys due to the laborious nature of re-shipping the bits and pieces.  He's done it before, and respectively does not want to do it again - and nobody can blame him.

Basically, you can wait for one to come up for sale on the Classifieds, Order one individually, or organize a group buy to  affect a discount.

gr

I have a rear hugger for the purpose of removing the big rear fender.
Does it look good.. YES.  Would i do it again. Nope.
I do not see a Hugger on Murphs website.

I have the hugger from Skidmarx.  Was in the UK and had it shipped to where I’d be and got it home.  Haven’t ridden in heavy rain with it yet, but it definitely makes a positive difference with how dirty the bike gets.

Daytona_Mike said:
I have a rear hugger for the purpose of removing the big rear fender.
Does it look good.. YES.  Would i do it again. Nope.
I do not see a Hugger on Murphs website.

I'd simply want one to keep my new rear Ohlins shock clean.

And likely I'd still use it with the rear fender and or fender extender.

gr

I had a Hugger fender on my bike. Liked it, but it has a possible issue that needs to be mentioned.
The Hugger sets very close to the tire {particularly at the front/near the swingarm) and there is no room to move it further away.
For road use this is not a problem. But if you ride the track, here is something to consider.

I had a hugger on my bike and went to the Jennings Track Day.
The fender was torn from the bike and almost put me down as I came into a turn.
ie; Still have pucker marks on my seat...  :-[

NOTE: I had a 190/55 series tire, 28 psi of pressure, speed was near 100, hot day, lots of tire rubber on the track.
          The tire had picked up the sticky tire rubber from the track, and that rubber was probably also on the inside of the fender.

Ride safe, Ted