• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

rebuilt C10 water pump *sold*

m in sc

Street Cruiser
Took a while to get the seals so i bought a new one in the meantime... this is my spare, rebuilt it anyway and did test it. i prob wont need it for a very long time, and i have a spare set of seals for the replacement pump (bought 2 sets actually).  special for the cog people, if you submit an offer of $115 in the auction and put 'cog' in the message, I'll accept it as long as its usa shipping (in ad).  Doesn't do any good just sitting on my shelf.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152724412035?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Since coggers tend to be frugal, how about posting a tutorial on rebuilding the water pump with the list of parts needed to complete the job.  I had to replace the pump on mine a few years ago, but might have chosen a rebuild if I had known what it took to do so.  Thanks!

Its pretty easy, arbor press is the easiest method to get the shaft out. i was lucky, mine wasn't super crusty  the thing i didnt know was gpz zone sells the mechanical seal separately from the whole kit which kind of sucks.  TBH, id consider doing it for a fee, (rebuilding them) .. but anybody can do it if they take their time. 

if you look at the ad, theres pics of when i rebuilt it.  the killer in it was the bearings wore which caused shaft wobble, which caused the leak. i *almost* put in some ceramics but just wanted to get it done.  :motonoises:

Im 99% sure all the parts, sans the cover o-ring, can be purchased domestically. I'll dig thru the pics, maybe do a quick post. I don't have another pump so i may not have all the shots nec.

I took one apart after purchasing a replacement one just to see if I could rebuild it. That white spacer disc? was kinda of beat up and of course the bearing was shot so I wasn't sure if I could rebuild it. Anyways I still have it somewhere and will try to find it if I didn't throw it away if you need any pics for your post.

cool, let me know, and thank you! pm me if you find it and i'll pay you for it.  the white 'spacer' is actually a ceramic faced seal that needs to be replaced if its cracked.

Here is a fuzzy pic, I distorted the sleeve that the impeller shaft goes into on the impeller side.
Let me know how you want the pics taken, e.g. separate the parts for close-ups. I don't think I have the order correct on the washers and other parts that go onto the impeller shaft either.

Attachments

• IMG_Water Pump.jpg
    IMG_Water Pump.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 92
that helps.. however, i just whipped this up in 2-d cad. if your mechanical seal is apart like that, its toast.  the metal seat/CUP under it is part of it.

Attachments

• waterpumpexplode.jpg
    waterpumpexplode.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 101
I believe I got it, The impeller housing mechanical seal (spring loaded side of seal) comes out of the housing as 1 pc to get at the bearing. The ceramic/rubber is 1 pc, that is the impeller shaft seal. Have  you found a place for those replacement parts?
The impeller shaft is beat up a little near where the bearing failed, so that needs some polishing.
Thanks for the drawing.