• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Recommendation

mchuey19629489

I have a 2002 C10 and I am re painting the gas tank. Can anyone recommend a good adhesive to use when re applying the tank badges? Any tips would be most welcome too. I have been advised to use the 3M 'Label Adhesive'. Others have recommended the Permatex 'right stuff' product. I really want to get this right the first time, thank you.

I may leave them off, thought about that, and I agree every one will say 'nice beemer!!' But the double sided tape I think will work. thank you!

The double sided tape as Ted recommended would be your safest bet.

Sometimes using glue's it could start to dissolve the paint when you apply it to the tank and you could have a big mess.
Please do not ask me how I know that.

Dean

Last edited:
KMW!! would that really anger some hard core beemer guys and girls I know, but maybe not, they may enjoy it! FYI I looked everywhere for new badges, there might be a set in some shop somewhere in a dusty box but everyone told me the same thing, they are discontinued and not to be found, but good luck. I think I'll go with the two sided tape. I like the look of the bare metal tank. I'm sure a lot of you remember the Hodakas'. I wish I would have bought one years ago, what a cool bike, combat wombat, I mean, who thought of that name?

I think I recently saw a post about someone making/selling them.
But, (as you know) my memory sux.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Did you ever replace that chunk of wood that I used to support your bags?

Last edited:
Long time ago, somebody did make them, but he sold his equipment and got out of it. I went to a local print shop, snapped a phone photo, texted it to him, he entered it into his computerized printer and matched the design and colors and printed a sheet of 6 for me for not much money at all, took about half an hour. I was told that some may not do it due to design trademarks or whatever. This shop is a BIG union shop and he did it without batting an eye, so finding someone to do should not be a problem near population centers.

I
Long time ago, somebody did make them, but he sold his equipment and got out of it. I went to a local print shop, snapped a phone photo, texted it to him, he entered it into his computerized printer and matched the design and colors and printed a sheet of 6 for me for not much money at all, took about half an hour. I was told that some may not do it due to design trademarks or whatever. This shop is a BIG union shop and he did it without batting an eye, so finding someone to do should not be a problem near population centers.
I think I may have gotten one of the last ones. Have to try to source some here locally.

Any modern print shop that is computerized and makes vinyl stickers, which is pretty much all of them, can most likely do it. Forget going online as you go down a wormhole and it starts to cost and you get into trademark stuff etc...