• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Registered for the National!

notsluggo

Crotch Rocket
I done did it.  Registered for the National today.
Planning to arrive in Helen on 6/21 and have reserved a room for three nights at the finest Super 8 in town!
Did request a double room (two double or queen beds) so if anyone wants to save a few $$ - I'm willing to share (warning - I may snore).
Planning to meander from Parker across southern Kansas on day 1.  Will be hoteling it - no camping this trip.
From SE Kansas (it really can be scenic - I've ridden more than it a few times) on down to my dad's house in Hot Springs Village, AR for day 2 (great riding in that area).
Day 3 - Hang with dad.
Day 4 - HSV to Helen (gonna be a long haul).
Day 5 - local riding
Day 6 - local riding
Day 7 - Begin the meandering back towards Denver - route undefined at this time.
I hate riding the slab - so will be sticking to back-country highways as long as they're not too far out of the way.  With Connie's power (post-flash) - passing will be no problem on any road.  If anyone else wants to tag along - you're welcome to.  I'm sure my dad would not mind an extra body or two on the couch, floor, etc. and hell likely feed you well too.  I doubt you'd want to hang there for the extra day - so you're welcome to boogie off to Georgia on day 3 while I do.
With the local riding in the rally area - I'm anticipating around 3,500 miles in nine or ten days.  I'd better start getting my a$$ trained!

Nice job Bill.  When we talked two weeks ago, you were saying you couldn't go.  :beerchug:  :great:

I'm plotting my own ride down with this small change: I hate riding the slab - so will be sticking to back-country highways as long as they're not even if they are too far out of the way.

But I only need to do 500 mile days to get there.

Hey Bill, I'm glad you're going. I want to meet you when you get to Helen. I'll be at Rally Central at the Helendorf or the Hasenpfeffer or whatever it's called.

OMC - thanks for the invite.  Been to Roswell and been to Dallas.  It's going to be hot down yonder.
I need to hit Arkansas to see my / spend a day with dad - and it's a fun ride once you get into the Ozarks.
Day 3 will be nearly 700 mile - glad that I'll take a day off before tackling that.
Maybe I could get Rob to hop on my route....

Old Man on a Connie said:
Fair. Way back????????????

Good question.  Nothing definitive as yet.  Will be surfing GoogleMaps to see what roads lay betwixt here and yon that are "on the list".
Could perhaps find the new top-end (post-flash) on some of those west Texas highways.... (nah - I get skeered above 110).  :??: