• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Registering a guest to an event?

MotoWojo

COG #465
I posted an event on the NCA calendar for March 21 and set the Registration Options to allow guest registeration. However, when registering for the event, there is no option to add a guest or provide the name of your guest. Thoughts

Mark; its because you have not changed the status of the event from "New Post" to "On -Schedule". I think all events still need to be approved by your AD so you need to ask him to change the Status. then the Guest Registration will work. Best Colin Colin Prior Cogmos Administrator Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767
2606714340100596652OGFlOW_th.jpg

FYI - IIRC, we changed access rights so that AADs can approve events... -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Hey Colin, I don't think that was it. I changed the event from "New Post" to "On Schedule" and it still does not allow me to register a guest. Are you sure you're not thinking of "Pending Post"? I thought "New Post" did two things, it approved the event, allowing it to be posted to the calendar and it added the "New Event" tag to the event so the viewer could quickly see what events were new. Thanks, Mark Mark Wojcik COG #465 Hudson, WI 1986 Concours

FYI - IIRC, we changed access rights so that AADs can approve events...
Steve - You are correct, AAD's can approve events. Mark Wojcik COG #465 Hudson, WI 1986 Concours

Mark - I took a look at your event and it is odd, especially since you enabled allowing guest name to be entered. If guest registration is important to you, a work around may be to make this a paid event with a fee of $0.00. I know that the guest registration works on paid events. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

a work around may be to make this a paid event with a fee of $0.00. I know that the guest registration works on paid events.
Steve - Thanks for the work around. It worked. Mark Wojcik COG #465 Hudson, WI 1986 Concours

Hi guys used the work around it solved the problem I am sure you are working on the "real fix". I did notice that Guy Young is still in the blurb about refunds. Just another thing to fix when you have spare time. :)