• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Replacement Front forks

Kazawhaki

Hey folks, my front forks are fairly pitted. Had the fork seals done and the shop polished them down but new forks are leaking now so it's either get them re cromed or source replacements. Unfortunately I'm having difficulty finding replacement parts. Papt number 44013 I think seems to be unavailable. Does anyone know if there is another bike that uses the same part that could be used?

I agree, Ebay has fork parts {or better} they have full front forks.
Be careful which year forks you buy as they changed and you need to buy a year similar to yours.

Also; You can go to the COG Emporium in this Forum and ask if anyone has a set to sell.
I'm certain that there are some available.

Ride safe, Ted

I had to go back, and look thru all his prior posts... to find out... which is something people have to do right from the start, when asking about " Parts "    :mad:

he has a '95 by the one post I found, hopefully that helps him... so he needs forks from '95-'06...

'94 and down won't help him...

Ya take a big risk on Ebay, most of those bikes sold as "parts" have been wrecked... sooo... flip a coin of if the forks are bent...
I've got 3 sets of Junk forks, just like that, bent, scored, scratched/dinged up tubes... junk...

I have 3 sets of 94 and newer fork sets.  They are all from non-wrecked parts bikes.

Search my parts list link for 'fork tube'.

You can PM me for additional details on these sets.

I will be away from these parts until Sunday afternoon 5/19.

Hey Stasch, thanks for the reply. I'm in Ireland so I'm presuming the shipping would make the costs prohibitive. Out of curiosity how much would you be asking for a pair of forks for a 95 model. It's looking like the parts are unavailable so re crome the set I have is looking like another possibility.

I doubt re chroming is a good option as iti s a industrial hard chrome and OD must be exact.
Probably needs to be hard chromed and ground to correct OD..
Shipping from USA may be cost prohibitive too?
Is Ebay available in Ireland?
I know of GTR folks that would have the forks you need in Germany/Austria/England.
Thinking purchase from there may cost less to ship?

Ride safe, Ted

I have a (few) pair of the infamous Egyptian Cop bike forks in the shop

Brand new never saw a foot of use , the paint on the lowers may be bunged up a bit  $100 for the pair plus what ever the shipping cost will be.

Murph..

Murph said:

Brand new never saw a foot of use , the paint on the lowers may be bunged up a bit  $100 for the pair plus what ever the shipping cost will be.

Murph..

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))

DUDE.... you rock....
I never bought the forks, but I stocked up on mufflers and J-Boxes...
I really mis that fellow, he was a great "outlet" for parts..

$100 is a great price, even with shipping to OTP.... you couldn't get close to that price anywhere else... good job  :great: :great: :great:

I think I'll strip them down before long and just sell the tubes and caps...seals are getting kinda old just setting around

Yeah I miss that honey hole too! 

Murph

Murph said:
I think I'll strip them down before long and just sell the tubes and caps...seals are getting kinda old just setting around

Yeah I miss that honey hole too! 

Murph

just turn them upside down, and store them like that... they will be fine, the seals will be ok, maybe the dust caps might crack, but the seals and non-existant (tough to find internal sliders) will be fine.
I've got a couple old forks sitting like that, as long as the oil is in there, they will last.

Murph said:

Murph..

Hey Murph will the forks you have work on a 1988 Connie or are they 2nd gen forks? If they would work on my 88 with no problems then I'm interested.

Thanks,
Tim

TL said:
Hey Murph will the forks you have work on a 1988 Connie or are they 2nd gen forks? If they would work on my 88 with no problems then I'm interested.

Thanks,
Tim

You have a 1988?  I thought you had a 1995?

The 'Egyptian' parts were 2005 IIRC and will not fit 86 - 93.

I also have several sets of 86 - 93 forks.  They would need new seals and wipers.

Hey Stan,
I'm a new poster on this thread, hence the different year bike from the original "95" bike that started this post. Thanks for the info, I am going to tear down my forks first and go from there. I responded to Murph's post because it sounded like his spare forks were new or close to new and a great deal. Thanks again Stan for the reply, I will keep you in mind if I need to do something down the road.
Safe travels my friend,
Tim

From 1994 and on, the C10 was updated with different front forks, front fender, front wheel, and front brakes. You'd need the whole front end if you converted to the newer style. There's a 17" fork and wheel conversion too. You can swap in the whole front end from a ZRX1100 (1999/2000) or a ZRX1200 (2004/2005). By whole front end, I mean forks fender, wheel, brakes, triple clamp, handlebars, etc. I think you have to change out the speedo drive gear too. Tire selection is improved and you can now use a 120/70ZR17 size tire.