• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Replacing front TPMS sensor 2014 Concours 1400

Epeescott

Hello all,

My front TPMS sensor just displays dashes, occasionally for a brief moment gives me a reading then goes back to dashes. No low battery warning.

I have a slow leak in my front tire, so I'm replacing it - and thought it would be a good time to replace the TPMS sensor as well.

I ordered an OEM sensor, but what do I need to program it?

Thanks!

I found a thread here that suggests using the MaxiTPMS tool to obtain the code on the existing sensor on the bike, then programs that into the new sensor. Does it work for the Concours OEM sensor?

I found a thread here that suggests using the MaxiTPMS tool to obtain the code on the existing sensor on the bike, then programs that into the new sensor. Does it work for the Concours OEM sensor?
Won't do you any good to know the codes because they are not programmable.

Surprised no one has mentioned this, but there is a much cheaper way to do this. Was thread about it couple months ago and was maybe going to get written up for article in the concourier.

Edit: My error, this was probably thread you had seen.

Last edited:
I replaced the front sensor with an autel sensor for a car. I bought the programming pad instead of the hand held unit. On the rim side of the OEM sensor, there's a number that has an F at the beginning. Open the software for the pad, select the earliest Mazda 3. Once that process is started, add 3 zeros in front of the F, and program. It's not hard. HTH

Thanks, I would like to send my old one out after I pull it.
I don't think Fred does battery replacement on anything newer than 2009 or 2010. The early version of the tpms is considerably easier to replace the battery. The later version has a low success rate, so he quit doing those. For a new OEM sensor, you need a KDS to add the new sensor to the bike. Unfortunately, some dealers aren't good at doing this.

I don't think Fred does battery replacement on anything newer than 2009 or 2010. The early version of the tpms is considerably easier to replace the battery. The later version has a low success rate, so he quit doing those. For a new OEM sensor, you need a KDS to add the new sensor to the bike. Unfortunately, some dealers aren't good at doing this.
Ah, yeah. Mine is a 2014. And the whole point here is to be more self sustaining from the dealership......I doubt I could get my hands on the KDS myself.

That's why I went the autel route. It's cheaper. Now I can deal with the tpms on my van when needed. And I learned something. Win win win. Some of us have a kds. They show up on eBay occasionally.

I have 2015 and thinking I may be near end of life on sensors. I am thinking of getting the Autel pad and going that route. I have a question for those with experience: will the pad and the sensors work on a 2013 Ford Fusion? I mentioned few months ago in that other thread that they were still working on my car. Car nearing 100k. but since then I have gotten warning so I assume one or more are bad. I gotta check tires, but they are probably about due for changing. So if the Autel setup would work on the Fusion too, it would be a good purchase as I would nearly pay for the cost there alone as Ford sensors are $40-$50 each and I don't know if tire places charge for programming as this will be first time I have had to deal with these sensors.

Edit: Strange thing is when try to find maxitpms pad on site, I don't find it? I went to tpms service-tpms diagnostic tools- no pad listed. Anyway, here is what I found under vehicle coverage. I entered car then asks for which programming device. "PAD" is option here so selected that. Here is what it shows.

20231230_221641.jpg

So i guess it will work. Not sure what that relearn "S" means? Key says it means stationary relearn, but not sure exactly what that means?

Last edited:
I have 2015 and thinking I may be near end of life on sensors. I am thinking of getting the Autel pad and going that route. I have a question for those with experience: will the pad and the sensors work on a 2013 Ford Fusion? I mentioned few months ago in that other thread that they were still working on my car. Car nearing 100k. but since then I have gotten warning so I assume one or more are bad. I gotta check tires, but they are probably about due for changing. So if the Autel setup would work on the Fusion too, it would be a good purchase as I would nearly pay for the cost there alone as Ford sensors are $40-$50 each and I don't know if tire places charge for programming as this will be first time I have had to deal with these sensors.
Should work. The autel are universal.

I got my Autel sensor and the MaxiTPMS unit today. Will try and get it done in the next couple of days, but if not next weekend.

My 15 Prius C had a sensor that was showing low pressure with 35 psi in the tire. The owners manual has a section on the TPWS that says when you replace or rotate the tires you have to do the relearn procedure. I have a button under the dash for this. Set all tire pressured to the correct level for the wheel position. Turn the car on but not started. Push and hold the button until it enters learning mode. Wait about 2 min for that to happen. All good.

some thoughts on rubber vs metal Autel sensors? I watched video on how to install and remove. The metal are relying on the nut remaining tight. The rubber and pulled into place and are tight fit, nothing needed to hold in place. my bike was purchased used and I assume the OEM are on there and they are metal and look like held on by nut as well. If that is way OEM is I'm sure it's fine, just seems that the nut loosening is something that could happen and would be disastrous. no thread lock suggested by Autel either. Just seems strange. Just the worrier in me I guess!

Well, got new MX-Sensor installed, pulled out my new MaxiTPMS unit.......It won't work. Called Autel, and as of September of last year, all new MaxiTPMS units will no longer clone TPMS sensors.

Gorram, I'm pissed off.

You don't need to have the programming pad read the OEM code. Once you have it out, read the label on the sensor. Add three zeros to the beginning of the number that starts with F (In my case) Use that when you tell the software to create a new early model 3 Mazda sensor. That's it.IMG_20230219_104846_881.jpg

I went to there website and it seems like it should still read it. A good way to know would be to read the manual. Not sure if it's available online. A pic of the tool I used and the scan and a page of the instructions to manually program.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240108-181719.png
    Screenshot_20240108-181719.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240108-182131.png
    Screenshot_20240108-182131.png
    958.3 KB · Views: 8
I went to there website and it seems like it should still read it. A good way to know would be to read the manual. Not sure if it's available online. A pic of the tool I used and the scan and a page of the instructions to manually program.
Pic from their site.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240108-182412.png
    Screenshot_20240108-182412.png
    341.6 KB · Views: 10
Just an update - I received an Autel TS508WF I bought on EBay for $150. The seller took pictures of the screen showing the function for "Copy by Activation" was still available. I received it and in 30 seconds had cloned the sensor on my front tire. This weekend I replaced the rear sensor, same thing. All good.

I returned the new unit I had bought on Amazon.