• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ride the Ribbon 2013

2linby

Great turnout 25 riders enjoyed some of the best open and traffic free roads in the country this weekend in John Day. Several riders returning from the national were in attendance and I think I can speak for the group that everyone had a great time.!

IMG_0871_zpsa3251387.jpg
At the John Day Fossil Beds Visitor Center near Dayville, Oregon
Carrie, Woody, Dwayne, Bruce, Ron, Pat and Patty

IMG_0881_zpsda011f67.jpg
Ron Dimino and a row of Connies outside the Silver Spur restaurant in Mt. Vernon, Oregon

IMG_0877_zps35b528de.jpg
Saturday night dinner and the "usual suspects" in attendance.  Riders from England and Canada!

Wish we could have made it as well. Got within 40 miles or so before things went South. Oh well, there's always next year :)

Steve Mustoe said:
Wish we could have made it as well. Got within 40 miles or so before things went South. Oh well, there's always next year :)

How's Rhonda doing?  If I had your cell phone number I would call you, but I don't.

Rhonda's doing okay. Despite being airlifted by helicopter to the Bend hospital her injuries were minor: separated shoulder, cracked rib, badly bruised hip. Her cute little Ninja fared worse. She is still in pain but getting better every day. Already talking about her next bike :) One tough lady...

Couldn't make the ride.  But am interested in doing the Ribbon.  What Road/s is it?  Map post maybe for the future ride of those who don't know?  Thanks

It started as a ribbon of asphalt thru unpopulated areas similar to paved forest roads and includes other great improved roads that are scenic and twisty.