• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ride the Ribbon Roommate

charlie gary

"Special" Assistant to the NWAD
I am going to the Ribbon, but I have not made any arrangement for a room.  Anybody looking for a roommate?  Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Charlie

tell me about the ribbon Charlie, i've never had the opportunity to make that ride?  is it for uber accomplished technical riders?
-Brian

Charlie, I booked a double queen room at America's Best Value Inn, I was expecting that my son was going also. Turns out he may have a job that weekend in Wisconsin (bulletproof glass in a bank). He will try to find out for sure today or tomorrow if he works for sure (company sometimes flakey with scheduling) If he works you're welcome to share the room. I'll let you know tomorrow night. If you get an offer before then take it.
Bob

tdbru said:
tell me about the ribbon Charlie, i've never had the opportunity to make that ride?  is it for uber accomplished technical riders?
-Brian

Hi Brian,
  The Ribbon is for anyone who likes to ride. Some people like to ride fast through curves while others enjoy a leisurely pace. There are no trophies for getting anywhere before someone else, and everyone is encouraged to ride their own ride and do it safely. It’s not inconvenient to wait for someone to catch up. It’s really inconvenient to have to go back and pick up pieces of their motorcycle and maybe even patch them up because they exceeded their skill level.
  This event is all about hanging out and riding with a great group of people for a few days in a great place.

Charlie

Looks like my son is going to make the ride, so I guess you are still needing a roomie. Sorry  :(

I am planing on coming over to join in on the Ribbon. My wife, Meredith will be coming along. She is just starting to ride with me. This will be her second ride. Last weekend we went for 175 miles. She did good! We will be spending Fri night in Burns visiting a friend. Hope to be in John Day, Americas Best Value Inn,  between 9 & 10 Saturday AM.
I did not make it to either the Bun cooler or National this year. So it will be nice to see some COG faces.   

woodie said:
My wife, Meredith will be coming along. She is just starting to ride with me. This will be her second ride. Last weekend we went for 175 miles. She did good!

Wonderful.  There's the bun Cooler next May; I missed it this year too. 
BTW, your name came up at the LavaRun regional meet in August ...

I am registered and have a room. Mrs. farkwar will be ridimg her pet spider . I looking forward to seeing everybody.              PS Charlie bring  your earplugs in case I have too much coffee. Dale :)

Here's a couple.  On Sunday I learned I've become allergic to wasps.

I have no memory of this moment.

The next morning.

I wish I could say it made an improvement but it isn't. It looks painful. Glad you are OK.  ;)

a quick question.  If you want a spouse/friend to go for a ride with you, is it a good thing to compromise on speed?  rider like 85 or so, but will slow down on corners, the passenger is not comfortable with that speed.  opinions?  I overheard a conversation, and thought the issue would have been resolved before a road trip....

:-\ :( :motonoises: :mad: :))

I think a compromise would be good at least until the passenger gains confidence in the rider piloting the bike. If possible. The passenger would also have to understand they can't try to counter balance in the turns.

Ken said:
a quick question.  If you want a spouse/friend to go for a ride with you, is it a good thing to compromise on speed?  rider like 85 or so, but will slow down on corners, the passenger is not comfortable with that speed.  opinions?  I overheard a conversation, and thought the issue would have been resolved before a road trip....

:-\ :( :motonoises: :mad: :))

I think the answer may lie in the question "Do you want them to ride with you again?"  Making the passenger uncomfortable is not conducive to having a good time.  I always compromise when not riding alone, but that's just how I am when trying to promote harmonious existence.

Charlie, How are you doing now?
How was the ride back home?
Please don't scare me like that again.

Yo Adrian! I mean Charlie...  ;D

Man that sux, riding with one eye plays havoc on depth perception. Hope the rest of the trip was great!

Need more pics from the event please...  :popcorn:

Woodie and Jay,

my ride home was fun.  Nancy and I went up 395 to Ukiah, and then we went west on the forest service road to just south of Heppner.  We continued west on 208 through Condon and Wasco, and got on I-84 at Biggs Junction for a quick run west to The Dalles for lunch.  We crossed the Columbia, went west on 14 to Lyle and then went up through the Klickitat canyon before catching US 97 in Goldendale to get up to Yakima.  410 over Chinook Pass, down into Enumclaw and then north to home.  About a 12 hour day, and one squinty eye didn't bug me any.
  Woodie, once again thanks for taking care of me on the side of the road.  Next road trip will be done with an epipen.

Charlie, I didn't do anything except take a few pictures. A Kodak moment. Nancy did everything! Glad she had phone service. AT&T is useless out in the back country.