• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ride to Eat, St Joseph MO

The Omaha NE area COG riders are thinking of riding together for a lunch ride/run to St Joseph MO or somewhere around there to get some BBQ.
We were thinking May 18th, maybe some of the Kansas/Missouri riders could meet us for lunch?

Anyone interested?

:motonoises:

This would interest me. I just read an article about a Cajun restaurant called Boudreaux's Louisiana Seafood and Steak House (224 N.4th St. St. Joe Mo  816 387 9911 )
that caught my attention. Lunch menu $8-$13 also sandwiches. I'm almost three hundred mi. away,but what the hell. Might have better weather in June. Just thoughts.
Tony K
Union Mo.

Tony K said:
This would interest me. I just read an article about a Cajun restaurant called Boudreaux's Louisiana Seafood and Steak House (224 N.4th St. St. Joe Mo  816 387 9911 )
that caught my attention. Lunch menu $8-$13 also sandwiches. I'm almost three hundred mi. away,but what the hell. Might have better weather in June. Just thoughts.
Tony K
Union Mo.

Boudreaux's is yummy!  At least for mid-west cajun...    I have also eaten at RibCrib (it's a chain out of oklahoma), but it is good too..  I have also tried Bandana's and I liked it too... Of course there isn't much food that I don't like.

Looks like HiHo is now on the "to do" list.

On the other note...  I AM IN (unless something unforseen happens)!!!  I am only about 40 minutes from St. Joe.  Also, we KC guys need to make another run to Nebraska!

Tony K said:
Tony K
Union Mo.

Moved away from STJ a couple years ago and of all the things I miss about that little town, Boudreaux's is on the top of the list.  If you happen to go there, choose the cajun chicken po' boy....It is unlike anything you have ever had...(Get it blackened if you like a little heat.)  And the onion rings are to die for...

This place sounds good, is right off the interstate and has good reviews from Yelp.com.

Rib Crib BBQ & Grill, 3704 Faraon St, St. Joseph, MO
http://ribcrib.com/grub/regular/

May 18th is the planned date.

Just need to come up with a time so that everyone doesn't have to leave at the crack of dawn. 
My vote is somewhere around 1-2pm so we miss the heavy lunch crowd and can get back home before too late.

Hmmm let me check my schedule.  I might just have to try and make this.  Heck its only a 3hr ride :motonoises:

I'm in too!

Cyle: sorry I didn't reply to your email...life got in the way again. I think this is a terrific idea. I agree with the 1-2 PM time...plenty of daylight to get home safely also.

We'll have to make us a convoy heading up from KC...meet around Platte City?

Definitely hoping for an official KS AAD visit up to the Nebraska monthly shindig at some point...

bikerhawk said:
I'm in too!

Cyle: sorry I didn't reply to your email...life got in the way again. I think this is a terrific idea. I agree with the 1-2 PM time...plenty of daylight to get home safely also.

Definitely hoping for an official KS AAD visit up to the Nebraska monthly shindig at some point...

Tom,
Sounds good to me..Anywhere by the Water Tower sounds good..How about some 2 Lane on the way back?

Rasmith said:
bikerhawk said:
I'm in too!

Tom,
Sounds good to me..Anywhere by the Water Tower sounds good..How about some 2 Lane on the way back?

That works...right there off I-29, easy buzz up to St. Joe.  Then the scenic route back...absolutely.  After the slabbing I'll have to do with the little adventure I'm embarking on next weekend, little roads will be a welcome sight.

I don't remember off the top of my head what exactly is around the water tower (other than the high school right across the street).  Time to go hit Google Earth...

bikerhawk said:
Rasmith said:
bikerhawk said:
I'm in too!

Tom,

That works...right there off I-29, easy buzz up to St. Joe.  Then the scenic route back...absolutely.  After the slabbing I'll have to do with the little adventure I'm embarking on next weekend, little roads will be a welcome sight.

I don't remember off the top of my head what exactly is around the water tower (other than the high school right across the street).  Time to go hit Google Earth...

How bout here? Conoco Station
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=39.352427,+-94.765298&hl=en&sll=39.352462,-94.765258&sspn=0.001267,0.002411&t=h&z=16

What time are you guys meeting in Platte City?  Not sure where I will be leaving from, but I have kids soccer games in Leavenworth and Lansing on Saturday.  I should be done there around 1pm, and I might just head over to P.C. and meet up with you guys (but don't wait on me).

EDIT!!!

I just re-read the OP's post on what time to eat in St Joe which is to be there at 2pm..

When is everyone going to be able to meet in Platte City?

Meet up at Conoco Station I posted on May 4.

I vote for a 1:30 departure

Ready to Roll from Platte City at 1:30pm sounds good to me.... 

Like I said, if I have soccer games in Leavenworth, I will meet in Platte City, if not I will meet you guys in St. Joe.

That works here.  Sorry, guys, I've been busy bringing our "new" '94 C10 back from Buffalo.  Got in last night, catching up at work today, etc. 

I'll probably be solo...the soon-to-be COG 9207A will probably have soccer that day also (if seedings hold true in the boy's tournament this week).  I am proud of her, though...she rode mine out to Columbia yesterday to ride with me the rest of the way home.  I think her 350 miles is a one-day record for her so far.  Hell, she was ready for more...after 1100 miles in 2 days on a mostly-stock bike with a Corbin seat, I was done.  :)

We'll see the KC guys in Platte City this afternoon.  Looking forward to meeting the NE guys.

BTW: if anyone happens to have a spare C10 starter relay and/or J-box that I could borrow for diagnostic purposes (having issues on the '94), that would be awesome.  I know I need the relay (managed to destroy one last night...oops), and pretty sure the J-box is headed for some Larry Buck love.  Losing total power at random moments...sounds like classic J-box woes.

Yes, Mike, I have your slave cylinder w/new seal with me ready to go.  :)

I'm so sorry I couldn't make it :(, I got about 1 hour outside of Omaha and my back gave out, had to turn around and limp home.  Wish I could have joined you all.

Made it back home in spite of a really sore back...man, I must still be recovering from my epic adventure earlier in the week. Was great to see everyone & meet a few new faces. Cyle, sorry your back wouldn't let you make it down.

Made it home around 6PM..Took a detour through Atchison to pick up a couple Powerball Tiks. Wasnt a total waste because the ride was nice! ;)

Attachments

• Group1.jpg
    Group1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Group2.jpg
    Group2.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 106