• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Road trip time .

Cra-z1000

Headed to Carlsbad this weekend . Bike is running good , much better since I found a 90 degree angle fuel filter and got rid of that crappy , flimsy clear fuel line which kept kinking and restricting flow . Part # for fuel filter is Napa 3006 allows fuel line to route properly . Should be a fun trip , never been to the caverns out there . Hopefully I won't be posting for help this weekend but nice to know its there if I need it .

If you are healthy enough take the long way down.  Elevators are for sissy's.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/1981613453/

If you come through roswell, they are having the chile cheese festival at the civic center. Usually some pretty good eats and might make a good break for an hour. Enjoy the caverns and the ride!

Thanks guys . Ill see if I'm healthy enough for the long way down after the long ride . She is a bit hard on the knees after all . Lol .

If I can ride from Austin to there and get up the next morning and walk down I bet you can.

;) Man ! This bike loves to be loaded down ! Rode 600 miles today . What a great trip . Only gripe I have is I wish I could pull the bars back an inch or two . Other than that...I'm hooked on this bike .  Murphs tipover bar highway pegs really.made it nice . I used to laugh at guys having their feet up like that ,but now that I'm an old man.....love it !

I've got a set on but need an inch or two more . Thinking its gonna snowball on me and will need a taller windscreen....have the 17 rifle ) and maybe new throttle cables ? What a nice ride though ....I know this bike is old tech but that's what I'm used to and can work on it easily so I'm very impressed with the Connie .

Then the next strep is to put bar adapters on so you can fit regular "tube" bars, then find a set you like the shape of.

You will need to adjust the wiring harness, clutch, brake and throttle lines/cables.

Colin

Had an awesome trip ! Only problem incured was headlight popped a fuse in Sweetwater . Quick fix and away I went .getting used to the bars after 2000 miles on the road . Planning the next trip soon.....Grand canyon maybe ?

ZG Bar backs
This is what I did because I found used bars for like $10 and had this mod done to try cheap.  I like them being back but it did increase the angle my wrists have to deal with.  My wrist hurt less after long miles them my shoulders did without the mod.
http://bucksporttouring.com/accessory1.html