• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Roads Routes near Flatwoods (??)

connie_rider

I know it's waaaay too early for Routes etc.
Just thought I'd ask for general knowledge of roads near the 2024 National?

ie; The riding was great this year. Already looking forward to some next year.

Anyone have any knowledge?

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Book your rooms!

W Virginia is a big motorcycle supporter and tourist guides are available for free. I got a nice guide online last year when I was considering a WV trip- free! I’m sure the rally team will have a bunch.

One example

Last edited:
W Virginia is a big motorcycle supporter and tourist guides are available for free. I got a nice guide online last year when I was considering a WV trip- free! I’m sure the rally team will have a bunch.

One example

This guide has some nice rides in it for sure. When I lived in the Clarksburg area I would ride my KZ550 on Rt 50 east into Maryland then take Rt 219 south to Thomas and Davis to watch the Blackwater 100 race. Giving away my age now........

Hard to find a bad ride in West Virginia

One example

There is a link on the rally Attractions webpage to get there free Visitor Guide from WV Tourism.

Members of the rally team who know this area are working on about a dozen sample routes and POI GPX files. The plan is to make the files available for review and customization later this year.

I know it's waaaay too early for Routes etc.
Just thought I'd ask for general knowledge of roads near the 2024 National?

ie; The riding was great this year. Already looking forward to some next year.

Anyone have any knowledge?

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Book your rooms!
Ok, thanx. Knew it was early. Just wondering about the area.

Ride safe, Ted

Some of the example routes being prepared by the rally team for your enjoyment, covering the routes Jason mentioned, and more. We hope to have the route and POI files posted in the club's online GPX Repository before end of the year for review and customization.

Ways to prepare for and personalize your riding at the rally...

1690033736681.png

i only live 2 hours from there in southern ohio
Twotones,
You need to offer to lead a ride up into the good stuff northeast of Marietta! It's gonna be a long day but what great riding!
Or at least offer some suggestions! I know I really like route 800 from Fly, and is it 536 from Hannibal? And you can't go wrong with route 26 out of Marietta.
jason

Twotones,
You need to offer to lead a ride up into the good stuff northeast of Marietta! It's gonna be a long day but what great riding!
Or at least offer some suggestions! I know I really like route 800 from Fly, and is it 536 from Hannibal? And you can't go wrong with route 26 out of Marietta.
jason
There are hundreds of roads around my house then dont even get me on about ky, im sure youve seen the freeman maps?