• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Roasting the great divide....

roaster

Bicycle
I am a new Connie owner, as of yesterday.
I am a coffee roaster and we moved from Winston-Salem to Marion, NC to be in the mountains about 3 years ago. Unfortunately, I still wind up driving back to Winston-Salem every week for deliveries to my wholesale clients. My recently restored 78 Kawasaki Cafe Racer isn't exactly ideal for such trips.  So, I found the answer in my 2006 Concours that had some physical body damage that was repaired but has only 12,500 miles on her. The bag rack supports are broken but I imagine I can find those online somewhere.
I would love some input on the add-on back bag/rack/seatback options from folks using them.
I love the mileage. I look forward to taking her up to The Dragon before the summer is out.
Its my first 'sport' style bike and I look forward to being challenged into becoming a better rider.

PRE_2011-04-21-162401.jpg

^-^  Welcome to COG and the world of the Concours. Nice looking bike.

Most folks like the Givi E52 top case, and mount it using the Givi mount kit specific to the bike.

BTW - (edit) Once assigned, you can get your COG number to carry over and be displayed under your avatar by logging out, and back in.

Mike_Barry_NH said:
any ideas for a special COG blend of coffee ? :welcome:
I'm sure i can find something by 'scraping' the bottom of the bin... perhaps a 'Dew of the Dragon' blend for those who ride the Dragon and then drive down here for a meet up...

Roaster, welcome to the party!  :06:

I have the Kawasaki back rest and mounting bracket.  The fasteners that come with these particular accessories aren't weather resistant, so if you don't like rusty stuff replace them with stainless steel screws and nuts.

Congratulations and welcome.  Just in time to come to the premier SE COG rally, The Run With the Wolf rally being held in Hiawassee GA this coming Fri Sat Sun.  You are only 140 miles away and get a chance to meet up with a bunch of like minded riders, who most I am sure love coffee

^-^

COGnosticat0r said:
Congratulations and welcome.  Just in time to come to the premier SE COG rally, The Run With the Wolf rally being held in Hiawassee GA this coming Fri Sat Sun.  You are only 140 miles away and get a chance to meet up with a bunch of like minded riders, who most I am sure love coffee

^-^
I already had a plan for that weekend back in Winston-Salem...but I plan to make a run as soon as another comes up.  :coffee2:

Like someone said, many prefer the Givi E-52 bag as it is large sturdy bag.
I think that Gary Murphy now sells a bag that is similar size and at a price way lower than the Givi.

The Bag mounts are generally referred to as antlers. Can probably order some from Ron Ayers. Perhaps Murph can help you there too.
Either way they will cost less thru them, than by buying thru Kawasaki.

I don't know if you can get the Antlers on Ebay. Maybe worth trying, but check costs before getting them on Ebay.

Ride safe, Ted