• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Rode Valley Forge Road for Washington and Grandma's Birthday

Uncle Vern

I was working on a canoe trailer conversion today but the weather was so tempting I hopped on Miss Traveller and shot up to Gerald's for some 100% Gas 93 Octane. The long way home from there is via 410 and Valley Forge Road to Cool Spring, then back home on 319.

Last edited:
I'm going back to just Washington for my February celebration. I would include Lincoln but one of my grandmothers shared his birthday and was not happy about it. Of course, her father was a Confederate veteran who spent three years in a Federal POW camp, so she didn't hear nice things about ole Abe growing up.

I had a nice ride thru some mostly-unspoiled countryside past Valley Forge Baptist Church. A few tract-house eyesores have cropped up along the way, but it is still mostly woods and fields; lots of gentle sweepers and one little bit of twisties toward the west end.

South Carolina salutes our first president!! And Grandma!