• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RTE Big Bob Gibson BBQ

wcfly9011

Moped
One of the Best Place in North Alabama for Award Winning BBQ. Near Huntsville AL. Hope we can get some friends down from TN & over from MS. For four generations, Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q has been cooking up their famous mouthwatering slow-cooked meats and nationally award-winning sauces.

gibsonlogo.gif

Weather should be good next Sat in Alabama.  Lets get out and do some riding.
:103: :103: :103:

Couple of people Registered.
Also got a couple of emails from some of the Alabama SECOG members that expect to be there.

If anyone wants to meet me in Birmingham and ride up there, shoot me an email.
wcfly9011@yahoo.com

This is supposed to be some good eats.......

Dang it, gotta work my shift at the tax office starting at 4:00 PM EST. Not enough time to squeeze in a bike ride and lunch before work...

Ya'll have fun!

A friend and I (as well as another couple on a GoldWing trike) rode up from Tuscaloosa. I was curious to see what the turnout would be. It was a bummer to see only three other people. It was good to meet them and have a chat and I wish I had brought a notepad with me because I am lousy with remembering names. Another reason I was looking forward to the day was I had read a newspaper article about the restaurant being a finalist in the State BBQ competition and since BBQ joints are the destination of so many of our Sunday rides. Alas, the billing didn't live up to the reality (at least in our own sentiment), leaving us to wonder of the "contest" cook had the day off.
All in all it was a good day. A good ride up and back and a good after lunch chat with some good people. Perhaps we'll see you again at the WERA races at Tallagega on the 28th.

My name is Chris and I was on the 2012 Concours.
Great meeting all of you.
It was agreat day for a ride and good food.

Great to see you Ken and Chris again,
Good lunch, BBQ OK (Don't know if it was great), but the Turkey was the Bomb.
So as the previous post mentioned, we meet a couple of Concours riders out of Tuscaloosa.
DachshundUberAlles - Great to meet you guys and I look forward to see you at the races
Very knowledgeable guys,
Here are a couple of pics from the RTE.
10903_474232835980920_1716319944_n.jpg
58528_474232875980916_692148025_n.jpg

The second is our new friends out of Tuscaloosa.