• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RTE Bub-A-Que Jasper GA - Re-Schedule?

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Just found this one and it looks good. The date just "snuck up" on me when, I realized I had the day to ride, so rather than to check it out alone, I thought I'd invite a couple of thousand of my friends. But weather permitting, I'm going.  :motonoises: 

Bub-a-Que is another one of those places around Atlanta that started with a BBQ contestant being told he ought to open a restaurant. Jasper is on the northside of the city and easily accessible to the mountains afterward.  Afterwards, I'm going to ride over Burnt Mountain Rd, down to Ellijay, back to Dahlonega and enjoy the Ga hills and curves. If you go west or north, it's nice riding.

Let's hope for warm spring weather, but in Georgia in late March we might have snow or 70 degrees. Roll the dice...

Hope to see you there.

Ron

ron203

Southeast Area Director
One week out! Forecast is cloudy, 63, overcast, chance of showers. Perfect riding weather to go ATGATT!

Y'all sign up so I can callahead.

Thanks!

Ron

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Well.............I guess I'll join the herd and cancel this RTE. Let's do it later, maybe June?
Thanks,
Ron

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Okay! 2020 is gone-hooray! Well, let’s try this again.

Since we last talked, I visited this place and sat on the nice outside deck. Food was pretty good too. So anyone want to try this again in August on a Saturday? Which Saturday?
Yes/No? Do it before the leaf lookers start?
Comment?

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Counted! I'm sort of waiting on the boss to see if we're going to Boston to visit our daughter, but that's Tbd. Thanks.

starwars1138

Was there ever a date/time pegged for this? My weekends are tied up every other weekend (divorced dad and all) but if I'm free, I'd like to try and make it.

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Never nailed this down. Let's make it easy for you: August 21 or 28th? Those fall between BTH (w/e of 7/31 and RWTW w/e Sept 10-11.) Thoughts?

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Excellent. If I don’t hear from our friend tomorrow, I’ll go with the 21st. Thanks guys.

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Ok guys. No word-so, it’s going on the calendar for 8/21/21 at 11:30am. Hope you come and bring a friend.

I had lunch there a while back and it’s pretty good. Nice big deck for outside seating, but it gets busy on Saturday.

1976 Hwy 53 W,
Jasper, GA 30143

Road Runner

SE USA - AAD
Ok guys. No word-so, it’s going on the calendar for 8/21/21 at 11:30am. Hope you come and bring a friend.

I had lunch there a while back and it’s pretty good. Nice big deck for outside seating, but it gets busy on Saturday.

1976 Hwy 53 W,
Jasper, GA 30143
:( Ron, I now have a conflict on the 21st; go figure. I'll be down in Talladega area w/ bike on that weekend. If this RTE happens to change to the 28th, I'm in, but please do not change it on my account. My loss!

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Well crud. I’m fitting this one in between some other stuff on my family calendar. Let’s see what happens.😣

starwars1138

Sorry for delayed reply gang - been a rough week. When you get your 40 hours in by wednesday evening, you know you're working too hard. I just PM'ed Ron - I'm free the 28th - if you guys decide to move to that date, I'd love to meet up. If not, I'll catch the next one (or maybe even I'll schedule one for out here in West Ga somewhere at some point). Cheaha State Park over in Alabama has a nice twisty run up to the top of the mountain...

Road Runner

SE USA - AAD
Sorry for delayed reply gang - been a rough week. When you get your 40 hours in by wednesday evening, you know you're working too hard. I just PM'ed Ron - I'm free the 28th - if you guys decide to move to that date, I'd love to meet up. If not, I'll catch the next one (or maybe even I'll schedule one for out here in West Ga somewhere at some point). Cheaha State Park over in Alabama has a nice twisty run up to the top of the mountain...
Woo hoo, oh yeah!

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Jerry this will probably move to the 28th, but still looking forward to seeing you!

(So, you guys up for the 28th? It’s all good to me!)

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Okay guys, it’s updated. See you on the 28th! (Thanks Mark!)

Please sign up for the “headcount.”
Thanks

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Running count: (10)
Ron +1 guest (Garfield) (2)
Chris (1)
Jerry Holland (1) (Konehead, are you coming with Jerry?)
David, Marina, Conner (3)
Ken Skinner (1)
Tom Sills (1)
Matt Magee (1)

Please register if you haven't.
Thanks