• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RTE Cheaha State Park Oct. 26

wcfly9011

Moped
Here is one of those hidden Gems, :-\
The ride to Cheaha Mountain is great, It is an absolutely incredible view.
At the top is a restaurant that has a mountain top overview.
If your looking for a great ride, and some buddies to have lunch with, I look forward to seeing you there. 
Please take the time to registered at the calendar link. :08:

Tom hope you and your Georgia boys can make it for this. :friends:

:-\If you have never been to the restaurant at Cheaha, it is high on the mountain and looks out over a great view.
Last year we rode around at the top of the mountain and even took a short hike to a cool look out area. 
Come on up and join us for a Nice RTE.

I'll be stuck on a platform in the Gulf of Mexico :-[. Thought I was going to make it. Shouldn't try to make plans at 3am!  :'( Hope you all enjoy it.

First RTE accomplished :great:
Nice to meet you guys and looking forward to RWTW in Suches
Perfect weather for ride home :beerchug:

juve said:

Hey Juve (that has a familiar ring to it. where have I/you heard that before??  :great:)
Really enjoyed getting to meet you and Alan. We'll be putting together some more RTEs over the next several months and could use some suggestions for places down your way. The thought is that by staying out of north Georgia the weather is likely to be more cooperative and avoid some of the worst winter weather. (Yeah, right...tried one in Warm Springs in February two years ago and ended up driving the cage because of the icy roads in my area - but we try, anyway). If you have some suggestions (Senoia Coffee & Cafe Shop, for example?) please pass them along.

Had a great day of riding thanks to the Cheaha Mountain RTE held today. Weather was a balmy 39 this morning at liftoff so the electrics were put to good use. Keith and I had a rather business-like ride into and out of the site with not a lot of time for chitchat given the later than planned start and our need to return fairly promptly. Greatly enjoyed the company and noted that there were more Georgians at this gig than those from the host state. Just an observation... :)

Thanks, Allen, for putting up with us and getting this organized.

PS. Keith's GPS did indeed fail to bring him back to my house for painting...  darn the luck!

What a Great ride today. 
Thanks everyone who showed up at the RTE today.
Got to meet some new faces, and see some old friends (both in age and friendship) :))
Couple of faces out to their first COG event, thank you guys for coming and I look forward to see you again :wee_hee:
juve said:
Yes Tom more GA riders then AL, what is that saying that GA riders want to come to AL.......  :nananana:
Here are some Pic from today
1395945_562788687125334_1385419022_n.jpg

1383360_562788667125336_1250379585_n.jpg

Seeing how you DID ask...Aspen's Mountain Grill in Warm Springs IS one of my favorite places to RTE. Good burgers. Lots of parking. FDR park is right there with some twisties and scenic overlooks. :beerchug:

Best 'line' of the day...when asked if separate tickets, or all on one at the restaurant...The guy with the Honda is buying :))
Good one
Looking forward to my next RTE :great:

juve said:
Best 'line' of the day...when asked if separate tickets, or all on one at the restaurant...The guy with the Honda is buying :))
Good one
Looking forward to my next RTE :great:
Yea I like that one too.
Hey just wanted to mention Dennis from Northwest of Birmingham, Thanks for riding out to the event, and for having a great day with us.  I look forward to meeting up with you on another Event soon.
Dennis is a Forum Subscriber who seamed to have a good time and sound like he will be our next member in AL.

juve said:
Seeing how you DID ask...Aspen's Mountain Grill in Warm Springs IS one of my favorite places to RTE. Good burgers. Lots of parking. FDR park is right there with some twisties and scenic overlooks. :beerchug:
Tom keep me in the loop if this RTE gets set up.  sound like a good ride too!

juve said:

Looks like we have a winner!  I've enjoyed their food a time or two myself. Will have to note that your GPS is "locationally challenged" if it puts you in Warm Springs, though.  ;)

Aspen's Mountain Grill, 5700 Georgia 354, Pine Mountain, GA ‎

Looking at dates for 11/16 or 12/7. Preferably the latter as SWMBO has been taking special interest in how I've been using my free time on weekends these past two months... :truce: Translation: I've got some painting to do around the house.  ::)

Allen, I would like to thank the everyone that made the Cheaha RTE, you made me feel like one of the group. I enjoyed the event very much. The food and conversation was good. Looking at all the farkles that everyone has on their bikes was great too. I will be looking forward to another event that I can attend.

Volcantour said:
juve said:

Looks like we have a winner!  I've enjoyed their food a time or two myself. Will have to note that your GPS is "locationally challenged" if it puts you in Warm Springs, though.  ;)

Aspen's Mountain Grill, 5700 Georgia 354, Pine Mountain, GA ‎

Looking at dates for 11/16 or 12/7. Preferably the latter as SWMBO has been taking special interest in how I've been using my free time on weekends these past two months... :truce: Translation: I've got some painting to do around the house.  ::)
                                                                                                                                                      :s_laugh:

That's EXACTLY why I missed a ride or two (but the dining room looks great....) :))

Oops!  Pine Mountain is correct.  I went there this past saturday.  Warm Springs is close by, but you won't find Aspen's Mountain Grill in Warm Springs.  sorry :)

juve said:
Oops!  Pine Mountain is correct.  I went there this past saturday.  Warm Springs is close by, but you won't find Aspen's Mountain Grill in Warm Springs.  sorry :)

No apologies necessary. Not knowing can sometimes make getting there all the more exciting. DAMHIK