• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RTE for Cheaha State Park

wcfly9011

Moped
New RTE for October 21 to Cheaha State Park, AL.

Several riders have asked for this RTE specifically. (GA riders think there will be more of them then AL riders) :'(
So here it is.
http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=173816&mo=10&tDate=%7Bd%20%272012%2D10%2D23%27%7D

Cheaha Mountain Restaurant
Lunch Hours: 11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Open Daily
Traditional Sunday Buffet served every Sunday
Sign-in will be at the Restaurant at 12:00 p.m.
Registration Deadline: 10/17/2012 

Cheaha Mountain Skyway
281 Runs along the spine of Cheaha Mountain in Eastern Alabama near Talladega and offers beautiful scenic views of 20+ miles. The countryside is unspoiled by urban sprawl and is heavily wooded inside the Talladega National Forest. Wildlife abounds and it is not uncommon to see deer, hawks and other animals. Route 49 comes off the south side of the mountain and rolls through farms, meadows and small towns. If you like scenery, this route is for you!

talladega-forest-31.jpg

I would love to make this one, but I will be out of town due to work!  I leave that Saturday before...  You guys have fun and enjoy, my webshots album has plenty of pictures of that area to check out!  There is also a nice gravel road that goes over the mountain for anyone looking for probably 6-8 miles (just a guess) of something to mix it up a little.

One great idea for an RTE. Georgia folks should take the time to cross the line, so to speak... :)

FYI, Alabama is on Central Standard Time, or one hour behind us Georgia folk (BTDT  ???)

Hey all make sure you take a minute and register for this event.

Also if riders want to meet up in Aniston or somewhere close and ride up together, please let each other know here at this thread.

Look forward to see you guys all.

Allen

Hey everyone,
Sorry, been out of the loop for a few days, helping a sick grandma  :sorry:
I am looking forward to seeing the top of Cheaha,
Never rode up there, even living as close as I do. 
I hear the ride and the view are great :c029:
Over the last couple of days I spoke with a friend that said that the restaurant had some good food on their Sunday Buffet. :103:
Although there are a few riders heading to Dayton that week, some of us cant go and still feel the need to ride.
To make it more interesting, if you can make it, I will have a couple of prizes for a drawing at lunch....
Look forward to seeing you. :friends:

IronButtAl said:
Allen,  we can only buy so many Toyota trucks in one year. New year/new budget.    Al
Yes, Al, I know my prizes are not as nice as the Toyota Trucks you give away........But can we update the Trucks models next year.......if budget allows...... :29:

Chew said:
IronButtAl said:
Allen,  we can only buy so many Toyota trucks in one year. New year/new budget.    Al
Yes, Al, I know my prizes are not as nice as the Toyota Trucks you give away........But can we update the Trucks models next year.......if budget allows...... :29:

Matchbox Toys don't make updates EVERY year...

NOT ME :-\

And after the COG campfire Sat at Barber's Motorspot, don't know that I would ever want to get married again.  :))

Oh no, registration is running two to one in favor of Alabama!!!  Come on Georgia, we can do better (Surely we can get more than three to register ;)  )

Sunday, Oct 21
Updated: Oct 18, 2012, 5:06am CDT
Mainly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 40s.
Day Oct 21 
74°F High
Sunny
Chance of rain:0%
Wind:NNE at 1 mph
Humidity:73%
UV Index:6 - High
Sunrise:6:53 am
Moonrise:1:08 pm
Moonphase:Waxing Crescent

Sounds like a great day for a ride.
:hum: Come out and lets have a great day of riding.

Aw man, I so want to go to this, what a time to be "out of pocket" as my old daddy used to say.. Is this an annual event.

ron203 said:
Aw man, I so want to go to this, what a time to be "out of pocket" as my old daddy used to say.. Is this an annual event.

I sure hope its an annual thing. Looks like GA is gonna be needing to do a makeover....    :truce:

Another great day to ride,with good people,great landscape and fine southern food.Thank you Alan for putting this up.