• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RTE Mid Flowriduh, 11May2013

SteveJ

This will be the last lunch time RTE until this fall.  Come and enjoy some real health food and COG and nonCOG friends at Coney Island Drive Inn in Brooksville. ALL are welcome.

CIDIHeader.jpg

http://www.coneyislanddriveinn.com/

Address is 1112 E Jefferson St, Brooksville, that be in Flowriduh.

Date is 05/11/13

Meet time is 11 am.

The Brooksville area is one of the hilliest in all of Flatistan.  Do plan to spend some time before and after riding the purdy roads.  Folks not familiar with the area please do feel free to hook up with others when departing to hit the really good(for FLA) stuff.

Note: I see nothing on their web site concerning the acceptance of plastic, so please plan accordingly.

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
looks good to me! thanks for all you do for us Steve!  :beerchug: Steve
Cool. And you're welcome. I A$$ume the liquid in your mug is A&W root beer, not Yuengling. ;)

Bad timing on my part! This place sounds GREAT! Unfortunately, I'm leaving sunny Florida for the chilly weather of upstate NY on or about May 1. Maybe next year?

Tom Taylor COG#7173

mr t said:
Bad timing on my part! This place sounds GREAT! Unfortunately, I'm leaving sunny Florida for the chilly weather of upstate NY on or about May 1. Maybe next year?

Tom Taylor COG#7173
Maybe you should stick around a bit longer, the weather is sucking real bad up north this spring.

For instance: I have a brother that lives near Bemidji, MN. The forecast for the next eight days mentions snow in six of them. Boy, do I miss all that. ;)

Got this one locked in on the calendar, Just post where and when to meet. And I just called them and they said they DO NOT accept plastic of any kind but after seeing their prices I could probably scrape up enough change out of the saddlebags to get a decent meal!!  :beerchug:

Since I am unable to make the May RTE in Brooksville, I rode up and met two friends at the Coney Island Drive In. The food was excellent and the beer was cold. One of the guys lives in Crystal River and is familiar with the area so after lunch we followed him thru the nicest roads I've seen in Florida. Hope you all have a good time there.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Bump, to get on top of the Inaugural Carolina Con-clave.  >:D  :nananana: :nananana: ;) :rotflmao:  :beerchug:

Tom,  I'm still in CT and think you'll miss our warm FL weather unless it makes a drastic change soon. The bare trees have me longing for sunny/warm/green FL. Heading out in a day or two for home.      Al

Been there and YES the food is good and the prices are COG worthy....

But** darn it, I have other plans than work that weekend!
Good friend is getting married over in Homosassa...wahoo..party time But of a different sort!
No will not be taking the bike to the wedding :nananana:

Jo said:
Been there and YES the food is good and the prices are COG worthy....

But** darn it, I have other plans than work that weekend!
Good friend is getting married over in Homosassa...wahoo..party time But of a different sort!
No will not be taking the bike to the wedding :nananana:
Perhaps you impress upon your friend the importance of meeting at Coney Island and riding motorcycles. I'm sure their date can be moved to accommodate our much more prestigious event.  ;)

have fun!

Later.

Al-- The missus and I pulled into NY Friday and the weather was like June! It was in the upper 70's and sunny. I'm getting the bike ready to take a nice ride up to Saranac on Monday.

Hope you had a good time in the Northeast. Safe trip home.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Yes you will no doubt sooner than later!

>:D

:celebrate:

:dance:

Hot dogs....Armor hot dogs....the dogs kids love to buy. Maybe you remember that one if you lived anywhere in the north. Anyway, always up for a chance to get a good dog, and these are as good as they get. Looking forward to see some friends and meeting some new (or potentially new ) members/riders. Will have some goodies to give away that were left over from RWTW, so come get you some stuff to go home with. There's a ROK membership for some lucky rider in attendance.
Thanks SteveJ, for again getting us together for some social time. You're the best!    Al

IronButtAl said:
Hot dogs....Armor hot dogs....the dogs kids love to buy. Maybe you remember that one if you lived anywhere in the north. Anyway, always up for a chance to get a good dog, and these are as good as they get. Looking forward to see some friends and meeting some new (or potentially new ) members/riders. Will have some goodies to give away that were left over from RWTW, so come get you some stuff to go home with. There's a ROK membership for some lucky rider in attendance.
Thanks SteveJ, for again getting us together for some social time. You're the best!    Al
You're welcome, and thanks.

Free swag??? :great: :great: :great: :great:

This is the one that I was thinking of. Change buy to bite, and I almost had it.
I've passed the hot dog mobile a couple of time on trips, but again, the Tequila continues to take its toll on my brain, and I've no recollection of where/when that happened. Hey....there's lots of good dogs. Armour and Oscar are just two, and like woman.....I like them all :)                                  Al       

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT5z1ClHQoE

:(  My C14 and I unfortunately, along with front brake rotors .6 mm  past the service limits, will be in Charleston SC

Mother's day weekend, and I'm a Momma's boy  ;D

Unfortunately I'm with Steve on this one  :iagree:. Didn't click in my head what date this was. Just that it was a Saturday.

Have triple threat (treat?) this weekend - anniversary, birthday and Mothers day all this week. Arrrg! But bright side is spending it with the wife and no kids! In Orlando! No bike, but Walt is treating us to some big ears and overpriced lunches.

Ride safe y'all!!
Mike

Bugnut said:
Unfortunately I'm with Steve on this one  :iagree:. Didn't click in my head what date this was. Just that it was a Saturday.

Have triple threat (treat?) this weekend - anniversary, birthday and Mothers day all this week. Arrrg! But bright side is spending it with the wife and no kids! In Orlando! No bike, but Walt is treating us to some big ears and overpriced lunches.

Ride safe y'all!!
Mike
Well, at least you're supporting our local economy.  :great:

Later.

Bugnut said:

Ride safe y'all!!
Mike
Maybe you could get a Pluto dog  :))

Snake said:
Did anyone have the wiener-whistle?  I did & you can still buy one

Those whistles rock !! Had several as a kid ...

I signed up for the Coney run..  See all that can make around 11:00am

Since there may be a little swag and all .... :)      :))

Thanks SteveJ for setting the event..

Well it looks like some folks are gonna show up. Cool.

Forecast looks good, although a bit warm. No snow. :great:

See y'all there.

The Love Bug RTE is history. Twenty soles braved the Love Bug onslaught to eat a hot dog, and go for a ride. Bill Whalen had the largest Love bug collection, so he won earned the cleaning kit. Other swag was given away including a ROK memebership that went to Damian  Szigeti.

Coney Island was nice enough to give us a separate room to ourselves at the last minute. Way cool. And it had A/C.  :great: