• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

RTE: Swamp House Grill, DeBary FL - 5/12/18

mcfly

As I've recently taken on the title of AAD in Florida, I guess it's time to get the area
ridin' and eatin' again.  Kick the tires boys and girls!

My first offering to the group will be a Mother's Day Eve ride to eat...
Gentlemen, this may be a chance to get extra points with that special
lady in your life, with a lovely early lunch on the St John's River, after
a lovely bike ride...  OR get out of the house before the day before the 'big day'!

This event will be held on: May 12, 2018

The Ride to eat is located at:

Swamp House River Front Grille
488 W Highbanks Rd, DeBary FL 32713

http://www.swamphousegrill.com/

“The Swamp House River Front Grill and the Happy Snapper Tiki Bar
are perched overlooking the beautiful and historic St. Johns River in
DeBary, Florida.”

Arrive about 10:30am for traditional Parking lot chit chat.
We will be seated for lunch at 11:15.  We have a room reserved
for up to 25 people.

Plenty of motorcycle parking available... it IS Florida, bring a kickstand puck!

Attention:  AD/AADs:  I have not been given my secret decoder ring, or super secret double top security
clearance (or pay) yet...  SO someone help me get this on the Calendar, please!

Open for registration. Thanks for leading this event. Y'all have fun.
Ron

Hey Marty, count me in. Sounds like a good place to eat. Alright everyone, let's start signing up!  :beerchug:

ron203 said:
Open for registration. Thanks for leading this event. Y'all have fun.
Ron

Thank you, Ron!! 

Always Young said:
Hey Marty, count me in. Sounds like a good place to eat. Alright everyone, let's start signing up!  :beerchug:

Good sandwiches!  A great venue!  See you there!

Awesome. Y'all have fun. Marty, I received your pay this month. I'll hook up with you when I get back from my Trek/ride about.

SteveJ. said:
Awesome. Y'all have fun. Marty, I received your pay this month. I'll hook up with you when I get back from my Trek/ride about.

Thanks Steve!  Looking forward to a nice ride, and some good food!  Buy some decent beer with that pay!

Mcfly said:
SteveJ. said:

Thanks Steve!  Looking forward to a nice ride, and some good food!  Buy some decent beer with that pay!
Why thank you, can do.

On TDY near North Branch MN.

funsize said:
I'm disappointed because Jorge and I won't be there.  We have other plans.  :(

Irene

I have other things that day also, so I'm still not 100% sure if this is what I'll do

funsize said:
I'm disappointed because Jorge and I won't be there.  We have other plans.  :(

Irene

It's just a RTE Irene, there will be more...  I can guarantee that.  I kinda squeaked this one in at the last
minute to get the ball rollin' again.  I'll still miss ya!

Florida has been REAL quiet...for too long... time to mix it up!

Next RTE is in the planning stages, and will feature breakfast, and "extra-curricular activities" post-chow.
Looking to have an RTE every 4-6 weeks....  different locations.... try some new stuff, revisit some of SteveJ's
favorite foodie stops...  Other 'stuff' is being researched when worksux doesn't interfere.

Dang it! If I only lived 500 miles closer. 9 hour ride for me. Maybe after I retire. :D  Enjoy those twisties boys and girls! Truly wish I could be there with ya.

Enjoy,
Mike

Bugnut said:
Dang it! If I only lived 500 miles closer. 9 hour ride for me. Maybe after I retire. :D  Enjoy those twisties boys and girls! Truly wish I could be there with ya.

Enjoy,
Mike

Maybe you could do one locally? Hmmm?  ;) Just sayin' it's a possibility....

Bugnut said:

Enjoy,
Mike

YOU moved!  In a parallel universe you could’ve made it!  :beerchug:

Looking forward to pictures and write up. C'mon y'all, support McFly or he'll have to do it again. Come out and support!!  :motonoises:

Marty,

Congrat's on being an AAD, hope you negotiated a big compensation package!!

Thanks for jumping in and organizing a RTE, sorry we can't make it, but maybe next time.

Hope to see you at RWTW, it's shaping up to be epic.

MotoCommuter said:
Marty,

Congrat's on being an AAD, hope you negotiated a big compensation package!!

Thanks for jumping in and organizing a RTE, sorry we can't make it, but maybe next time.

Hope to see you at RWTW, it's shaping up to be epic.

Thanks Kurt,

I've got the RWTW week off already...  barring natural disaster, I'm in!

ron203 said:
Looking forward to pictures and write up. C'mon y'all, support McFly or he'll have to do it again. Come out and support!!  :motonoises:

Between the 5 of us, it'll be an epic photo.  Day before Mother's Day
is a tough one, so I'll be happy iffin' I'm not eatin' alone.  ;D

We may do a ride after lunch... weather is the deciding factor. 

Future rides in the works....  I'll try to keep 'em OFF holiday weekends.... ;)

Damn, this in my back yard but won't be able to make it.
On my way (flying) to Denver to see my new Grandson for the first time.

SandShark said:
Damn, this in my back yard but won't be able to make it.
On my way (flying) to Denver to see my new Grandson for the first time.

DAMN.. that's an awesome reason NOT to be there...  Have a great time!  Like I said
plenty of future opportunities coming up!  Stay tuned!  Congrats!!!

Good luck with your first RTE Marty, hope you fill the place up. I'd love to be there but the twisty, turny, uphill and downhills of the Adirondacks in NYS are beckoning me to sample them. Hope to see you at RWTW.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

mr t said:
Good luck with your first RTE Marty, hope you fill the place up. I'd love to be there but the twisty, turny, uphill and downhills of the Adirondacks in NYS are beckoning me to sample them. Hope to see you at RWTW.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

As long as I'm not eating alone I'll be happy Tom.  Stay well.  See you soon!

If you haven't signed up and get the itch to show up, come surprise Marty. C'mon you Floridians, support your local COGger!!!! (Bring mamma for Mother's Day)

Very nice day to stretch the Connie's legs... though some rain on the return trip, a much needed ride nonetheless.

A small COG contingency of 6 attended today.  No new faces, but some I haven't seen in a while, and I'm
very happy with my 1st RTE. To get to sit, talk and break bread with good friends is never a bad a thing.

Sorry, no pictures this time....  I need to get into that habit...  :(

I hope everyone made it home safe and sound... there was some light to moderate rain on my ride home,
but nothing that would slow me down that much!  :motonoises:

Thanks Again Folks!  Keep an eye on the Southeast board, Florida has started 'gettin' busy'!

Hey Marty - would you believe I managed to skirt the rain home, and it was never worse than the spit we had in the parking lot!  I did have a little drama with a drunk crazy redneck in a beater pickup... he pulled into the road 2 cars in front of me and laid down a burnout that you couldn't see through. Then he shot across traffic and started spinning donuts in a parking lot. Almost flipped the truck. Then he pulled in behind me sideways. Ahhh, I don't think so...  :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :nananana: :nananana:  ;)  Steve

Glad to hear you dodged the rain.... and more importantly, the pick up!  :-[

My only issue going home was 2 lane roads and 90 year old white knuckled
drivers doing 30 mph...  Judicious use of the right wrist worked out nicely.  ;)

Marty, congrats on getting number 1 under your belt. I spent part of the day at a MN COGger,s house replacing the rear tire that I finished off at the MN/WI spring ride last weekend. Thanks again Jim and Delane(sp?). Fresh rear tire and oil, Idaho here I come.

On TDY near North Branch MN.

Good job, Marty! It figures: I move to South Carolina and y'all have a RTE right in my (former) back yard! :??:
Seriously, thanks for stepping into the AAD slot. FL is in good hands!

Miss you guys down there!

Sorry I missed this one Marty, I had every intention of riding up for it, but had to watch my daughter at the last minute.

Thanks guys...  Doin' what I can...

Shawn said:
Sorry I missed this one Marty, I had every intention of riding up for it, but had to watch my daughter at the last minute.

Sometimes real life gets in the way...  see ya next time  :beerchug:  :great:.