• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ruined Brickstone front,replaced with PP2CT-need advice

911ZG Guy

Bicycle
As I posted elsewhere on this forum, I holed my front OEM tire, and had little choice as to an availble replacement tire. (Either Pirelli Diablo Rossa or Michelin PilotPower2CT, I took the Michelin).

I reeally would have liked to try either the Avons or the PR3, but now I have a new PP2CT front, and I am not too sure what tire to put on back, either make/model or size. I am thinking of putting a 180/55ZR-17 on, but may stick to the OEM size.  I hear that the 180 fits the wheel/bike very well, maybe better than the OEM 190/50. Any recommendations on rear size?

I don't want to replace the front again right now (it only has about 150 miles on it) and I don't want to make a mistake in choosing a replacement rear tire.. My question is- should I just go ahead and get a PP2CT, or maybe a regular PP rear, or would the PR3 work well with the PP2CT ?

How many miles on the rear?

Given that the PP2CT has a life expectancy of a couple thousand miles if ridden hard, the stock rear may outlast it if you do ride it hard.  The stock front was the real problem of the two for me.  I kept the almost worn out rear for a spare, just in case I ever get desperate.

I've been considering the 180/55 as well, since the 190/55 would make the bike taller, which is the wrong direction for me.  I try to replace tires in pairs, and will be shopping for some PR3's for next spring.

C1X, the rear OEM has about 2500 miles on it, and looks to be good for no more than 1000-1500 more.so after some thinking and questioning, I decided to get the PR3 in a 190/55/ZR17 from Bike Bandit. I got it on its way for about $165, plus I am getting a $15 gift certificate with the tire. Hopefully, that is going to be a decent combo, and if the front goes away too quickly, I can get the PR3 front before the rear gets too thin. Thanks for your input. Good Idea to save the rear  for emergency use if it is still usable. If I get to ride this weekend, it might just be history! :)