• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Run with the Wolf Rally, 2012

Good Times!

Thanks to Jenn and all the SE coggers who put this one on. Even with the rain, one of the best rallys I've attended. Shout out to Al who provided the fermented libations for Friday & Saturday night.

Wildcat is an up and coming camp ground, glad we got in on the ground floor, hopefully we will be invited back next year.

Good seeing everyone and hope to see ya'll soon!

Kurt

My pics can be seen at: https://plus.google.com/photos/117338733887253867063/albums/5734385080583935201?authkey=CJnsgN3r1NH9VA

If you have a problem getting in to see them, let me know.  And as for my status, still drying things out.

Greatly enjoyed the company, the venue and the many skills of fellow COGgers.  Kudos to Jen and SE COG for a great event. Really enjoyed my second helping of cobbler  >:D and the great meals at Krambonz. And great job on the photos, folks (all of them except one of Jerry's.  Jeez, it scared me and I've seen that fellow lots of times!!).  :))

Keep riding and be safe out there.  Til next time....

Tom

I am back in MN now, following my second RWTW rally. What a great time! Thanks to Jenn for hosting this, and Jim C and Al for their help too, along with SISF for putting me up, and putting up with me to make it up here. We had a great ride up from Florida, along with a nice BBQ stop along the way. Friday was some outstanding mountain riding, and MORE BBQ at Krambones in Tellico Plains. I gotta say that was some of the best ribs I have ever had, anywhere.

I had to be back in MN for work on Monday, so I left early early on Saturday morning, taking down my tent and packing up in the rain. Got to ride the twisties out of there in the rain, with fog.....yee haw :motonoises: :-\ :motonoises:  Oh, forgot to mention I was on a pretty used up tire that I really did not think would make it home. Good news, it made it!
I HATED to miss the Saturday nite feed and fun, but whaddya gonna do?

It was great to see all my SE friends and meet some new ones. 
My photos can be seen here if ya want http://good-times.webshots.com/album/582686582PiXcHf

Great stuff everyone!
Man I was just sulking all over the place couz' I had to bail,  :73:
Advance Auto now has quite a few of my benjies  :mad:  fixing the 4 wheelers for the ladies of my life. One of them (the car, not my wife) even tried to spit a piston on Friday but we beat it back in with a piece of rebar and 5lb no bounce hammer.

Sounds like another awesome fantastic event from all the chatter, good going Jenn, Jim and everyone else.

Great job!  :bravo_2:

2Fast said:
I am back in MN now, following my second RWTW rally. What a great time! Thanks to Jenn for hosting this, and Jim C and Al for their help too, along with SISF for putting me up, and putting up with me to make it up here. We had a great ride up from Florida, along with a nice BBQ stop along the way. Friday was some outstanding mountain riding, and MORE BBQ at Krambones in Tellico Plains. I gotta say that was some of the best ribs I have ever had, anywhere.

I had to be back in MN for work on Monday, so I left early early on Saturday morning, taking down my tent and packing up in the rain. Got to ride the twisties out of there in the rain, with fog.....yee haw :motonoises: :-\ :motonoises:  Oh, forgot to mention I was on a pretty used up tire that I really did not think would make it home. Good news, it made it!
I HATED to miss the Saturday nite feed and fun, but whaddya gonna do?

It was great to see all my SE friends and meet some new ones. 
My photos can be seen here if ya want http://good-times.webshots.com/album/582686582PiXcHf
Good to see you Way2(I got clued in).

Gary H has a present for ya, he said he would see you in a couple of weeks.

Glad to hear the tire made it.

Later. ( in AR)

Congratulations Jenn for all of your hardwork on putting on a great RWTW rally!!!! I kept up on the ride by postings and phone calls.
Know you had help from Jim and AL, but it was basically your event.
WaaaaHoooo Now you can relax for awhile
                                                                                          :1rij:

The  COGers made themselves one heck of a fun rally! Even with the half-day of rain, they took their lemons and made lemonade by hanging out together and getting to know each other. Of course we all wanted to ride in great weather, but making friends is a great way to spend a few rainy hours, don't you think?
It was a pleasure to serve as rallymeister rallymeistress for a group like this, a group of folks willing to be flexible and keep it light-hearted. Thank you for making the rally a success with your bright outlooks and patience.

Jim, Al and several others did far more work than they had to, to cover my learning curve. It is much appreciated. Union Powersports rescued a rainy morning with their fine hospitality, they know how to put on a spread, and it was FREE!

The staff at Wildlcat campground also learned a lot hosting this, their first large group event. They did their best for us, and we hope to work with them again, now that we both know better how to conduct such an event.

Plans are already underway for Run with the Wolf 2013, we are looking forward to another great rally with our riding buddies, old and new!

RWTW twas a weiner, abso-fricken-lutly! Enjoyed BSin with all y'all wackos. Thanx & yob well done to Jenn, Jim, Al, & the rest of yas that pitched in.

The ride on the trailer up thar was more than enuf so I Conc'd it back homey 762 yesterday in 12h 50m.  My 1st long-ish scoot since Moose Madness. No worries. ;D  :motonoises:

Paulie said:
RWTW twas a weiner, abso-fricken-lutly! Enjoyed BSin with all y'all wackos. Thanx & yob well done to Jenn, Jim, Al, & the rest of yas that pitched in.

The ride on the trailer up thar was more than enuf so I Conc'd it back homey 762 yesterday in 12h 50m.  My 1st long-ish scoot since Moose Madness. No worries. ;D  :motonoises:

Cool beans, Paulie.  Good to see you this past weekend and am very glad the trip back went well for you.
Tom

Jen thank you for all you did to make RWTW 2012 a great success. Even with the morning rain Sat it was a great rally. I was also great to see all the old and new faces at the rally. Hope it is a s fun next year. Thanks to Lt. Kurt for all his help in emptying the Keg.

Paulie said:

Back in the groove, I see. (insert thumbs up smiley here)

Many thanks to Jenn from Jaw-Juh, her cohorts Jim and Al, and all the good folks at the Wildcat lodge for a fine rally. Also a special thanks to Union Powersports for the lunch and the $50 poker run prize which was won by my son; he was thrilled. This was his first COG event and he loved it. We even got in 4 hrs of riding on the wolf and other great roads. A good start to 2012!

I had a 25mph head wind and 48 degrees all the way home. At 80-85 mph the computer showed 29-30 mpg. Reminds me of westbound in Kansas.
David

Best rally I've ever attended!  Thanks to Jenn and all who set this up and all who attended, looking forward to more events in the future!

Thanks Jenn and all who helped with this rally.  I had a great time!  Rode up Thursday with Billy Berry.  We picked up Bobby Cassell in Warner Robins and proceded on up to Exit 201 on I-75 and met up with the Florida boys led by Steve Johnston, one of the many Steve's from down there.  Beautiful weather all the way up.  Friday rode up to Tellico Plains via Highway 30/315.  Highway 30 is rapidly becoming my favorite road to ride up in Tennessee.  Lunch at Krambones (Loaded brisket potato  :))  Followed with a ride across the Cherohala with Doug Rae, Daytona Mike, Neil, Billy, Bobby C., Lane, Tom S. Awesome ride guys. :motonoises:

Hated to leave early on Saturday, but needed to get back home. Had a blast, can't wait till next year! 

OK now, who is going to write this up for the newsletter?  With as many as were there I'm thinking we need the perspective from at least two different people.

So who is stepping up?  Come on now, I know you can do it.  How about someone not from the southeast and another one from someone from the southeast?

We have plenty of pics, just need two stories and you have got plenty of time, over a month, maybe longer.  So start putting it down, do it when-ever you have the spare time, then edit and re-write later. 

Also if you host or attend some other event and want to share that, please do. 

When I wrote up a newsletter story for Steve's Wesley Chapel Wrench Session, I wasn't quite sure how to begin.  So I wrote a paragraph about ONE thing that happened and stopped.  Later I wrote another paragraph about another thing that happened.  I went through the pictures and wrote about what was happening in them.  After I got five or six of them written, I tied them together with a few words of narrative  It was fairly painless.

Yes sir, a very good weekend was had by everyone I would think!  I know I had a great time seeing everyone again and listening to the stories!  We have also gained a new COG member, I believe by now!  Thanks to everyone for making it happen. 

Most of my stuff has been wash and put away, and I've had a chance to get a good nights sleep in my own bed after being on the road for two weeks. My highlights from the rally in no special order of importance are;

The great riders of COG and how they conduct themselves at an event like this.

Finally getting a chance to meet Joan Moody, and hearing of her early days with COG.

Giving and getting cigars to/from riders that I've never met before.

Great BBQ at a couple of places that I've not been before.

Hanging on to a bunch of C14's to the top of 180 ( WolfPen ), at night, without badly needed glasses, on ME 880 tires.

Seeing buds like Lane, Jim, Bobby, Reid, Darrell,....and all the FL Steves.

A really nice fire area with really nice people having cood conversation.

It was all special for me. I hope it was special for you.

Al

It was good to see you to Al and I promise next time to have better cigars. RWTW got me interested in the National. I will probably see you there.

For those waiting on my photos, sorry it's taking a while. Photobucket has decided to change their photo editor so drastically that hundreds, if not thousands are complaining. It really is bad. Once I have some good shots edited, or change to an entirely new photo hosting site, I'll post them up of this awesome event.

Mike

Bugnut said:
For those waiting on my photos, sorry it's taking a while. Photobucket has decided to change their photo editor so drastically that hundreds, if not thousands are complaining. It really is bad. Once I have some good shots edited, or change to an entirely new photo hosting site, I'll post them up of this awesome event.

Mike

No problem, good luck.

IMG_6523a.jpg

IMG_6781.jpg

IMG_6779a.jpg

IMG_6808a.jpg

IMG_6777.jpg

IMG_6784a.jpg

IMG_6788a.jpg

IMG_6792a.jpg

IMG_6793a.jpg

IMG_6794a.jpg

IMG_6802a.jpg

IMG_6806a.jpg

IMG_6810a.jpg

IMG_6811a.jpg

IMG_6812a.jpg

IMG_6813a.jpg

IMG_6815a.jpg

IMG_6816a.jpg

IMG_6817a.jpg

IMG_6818a.jpg

IMG_6819a.jpg

IMG_6822a.jpg

IMG_6824a.jpg

IMG_6829a.jpg

IMG_6830a.jpg

IMG_6832a.jpg

IMG_6839a.jpg

IMG_6840a.jpg

IMG_6843a.jpg

IMG_6844a.jpg

IMG_6845a.jpg

IMG_6846a.jpg

IMG_6847a.jpg

IMG_6848a.jpg

IMG_6849a.jpg

IMG_6853a.jpg

IMG_6854a.jpg

IMG_6857a.jpg

IMG_6858a.jpg

IMG_6876a.jpg

IMG_6884a.jpg

IMG_6888a.jpg

IMG_6892a.jpg

IMG_6896a.jpg

IMG_6914a.jpg

IMG_6928a.jpg

IMG_6931a.jpg

IMG_6936a.jpg

IMG_6944a.jpg

IMG_6950a.jpg

IMG_6961a.jpg

IMG_6963a.jpg

IMG_6967a.jpg

IMG_6968a.jpg

IMG_6969a.jpg

IMG_6970a.jpg

IMG_6971a.jpg

IMG_6977a.jpg

IMG_6982a.jpg

IMG_6983a.jpg

IMG_6985a.jpg

IMG_6986a.jpg

IMG_6987a.jpg

IMG_6998a.jpg

IMG_7002a.jpg

IMG_7003a.jpg

IMG_7004a.jpg

IMG_7005a.jpg

IMG_7006a.jpg

IMG_7008a.jpg

IMG_7009a.jpg

IMG_7010a.jpg

IMG_7011a.jpg

IMG_7012a.jpg

IMG_7013a.jpg

IMG_7015a.jpg

IMG_7019a.jpg

IMG_7020a.jpg

IMG_7023a.jpg

Nice shots!  Why is Steve riding with no hands? Probably some kind of performance testing  >:D

Mike,  you really captured the rally in all of its glory. It was good getting a chance to know you, and your photography skills will be good to have at future rallys. Hope we see more of you this year.    Al

2Fast said:
Nice shots!  Why is Steve riding with no hands? Probably some kind of performance testing  >:D
I'm thinkin' it's cuz that there new fangled futzel he put on the to eliminate the  buzz worked so well that he was having buzz withdrawal. He just had to let go cuz it was too smooth, no doubt he was trying to think of a part that was buzzing so he could touch it and eliminate the possibility of getting the DT's.

Or...?

RtheG.

We're already talking about RWTW 2013 and planning to make it even better!

No event is going to go off perfectly, and RWTW is no exception, but we can address the few issues we faced, while maintaining the aspects of the rally that were the best for everyone.

We would like to mention again how grateful we are to Union Powersports in Blairsville, GA, who hosted our "Poker Walk" and offered us a very nice FREE lunch including grilled chicken and all the fixin's, and fresh coffee early in the morning while the cold wet riders filed in.

It's not easy to feed so many people all at once, without real kitchen facilities, but they did it in style, for FREE.
Yet we heard from both the manager at Union, and from the ladies who did the work, that a few of our rally attendees said some unkind things regarding the timing of the delicious food.
Listen folks, it was free and Union Powersports didn't owe us anything. COG didn't pay them to feed us. They were just supporting riders in their area, most of whom they know aren't even locals.

If you were one of the folks who said something less than kind in return for a genuine good deed, you owe Union Powersports an apology. And if you honestly think you were justified in being vocally unkind, then maybe RWTW isn't a fun rally for you and maybe you should consider doing a different activity in 2013.

My hats are off to ALL our great COGgers and their guests, who came to this RWTW rally determined to have a good time. YOU people made it happen. All the planning in the world can't make it fun, especially when the weather doesn't cooperate. But YOU all made up your minds to have a good time anyway, and you did, rain AND shine. I'd like to thank all of you who maintained the best possible attitude throughout. You're the kind of folks who make it fun.

I thot everybody that worked at Union was super nice. If some COGsters gave em douchebaggery that's jest  ::)

:iagree:  Anyone who would complain about a FREE meal makes me want to  :mad:.  Let's hope we can mend fences with Union Powersports and get their continued support/assistance. To the rest of the attendees  :You_Rock_Emoticon: and we look forward to seeing you next year.

coffee_brake said:
My hats are off to ALL our great COGgers and their guests, who came to this RWTW rally determined to have a good time. YOU people made it happen. All the planning in the world can't make it fun, especially when the weather doesn't cooperate. But YOU all made up your minds to have a good time anyway, and you did, rain AND shine. I'd like to thank all of you who maintained the best possible attitude throughout. You're the kind of folks who make it fun.

I just wanted to emphasize that last part up there x 1000....COG sports some fantastic rally-goers, and that's YOU!

My son has ask me to go with them back up to Blairsville the weekend of the May 19.  "Wildcat breakfast" YES..  I have got to get them to go by for a great Breakfast and fellowship with those wonderful Ladies.  :)

Listen Ya'll this was my first COG event ever and my first bike camping in 30 years and I'd like to give a big congrats to all-Especially Jen and all who supported her to help pull this thing off.From the minute we got there and started registering to the morning we left to go home I've never felt more welcome around a bunch of folks I'd never met before,and neither has Carol, and if this is the kind of good time we can have you can count us in for as many events as we can make.Got to ride some KICK A$$ roads and do some off roadin as well (thanks jerry) and met some Great folks.Can't wait till next year-Join for the bike,stay for the people :beerchug:

Roger

If someone said something negative of Union PowerSports, I got no good words for you other than . . . . . . no, I'm not stooping that low.  This is a business that has supported us for quite a number of years.  They didn't have to do this, but they did.  No one else stepped up, but they did.  So what the hell are you bitchin about?

No, I didn't make it there.  Once my sleeping bag got soaked I headed home, but I have been to Union PowerSports numerous times.  My treatment there has always been quite RESPECTFUL.  I have an idea that you could only wish your local dealer was so appreciative of your business.

mf-rabbit said:
Listen Ya'll this was my first COG event ever and my first bike camping in 30 years and I'd like to give a big congrats to all-Especially Jen and all who supported her to help pull this thing off.From the minute we got there and started registering to the morning we left to go home I've never felt more welcome around a bunch of folks I'd never met before,and neither has Carol, and if this is the kind of good time we can have you can count us in for as many events as we can make.Got to ride some KICK A$$ roads and do some off roadin as well (thanks jerry) and met some Great folks.Can't wait till next year-Join for the bike,stay for the people :beerchug:

Roger

So glad you made it.  AND that we did not scare you off!!
Tom

Roger, you and Carol and all the other "new folks" were among the highlights of this rally.

Far from being exclusive, COG folk are really happy to meet new people and we love to talk with ya'll, get to know ya'll, and see you all and ride with you again and again.

So we're looking forward to the next time we get to meet!

Mike,
Thanks for the pics and your effort at making my guest feel welcome. You got myself and Sam in several. I have passed them on to Sam.

Steve's,
Thanks for letting us tag along on the Friday ride. Your always kind to allow me to catch up along the way.

Jenn,
UnionPowersports went beyond the call...for sure!!!!! Can you post an address so we can drop them some thank you's? Maybe a number and name to call and say thank you??

I hope to make it again (2013) with a few more peanuts.

Pastor Tyler

BBerry said:
My son has ask me to go with them back up to Blairsville the weekend of the May 19.  "Wildcat breakfast" YES..  I have got to get them to go by for a great Breakfast and fellowship with those wonderful Ladies.  :)

And ..of course must go by  Union PowerSports and tell everyone how much we enjoy their hospitality!!!

Union Powersports
1741 Blue Ridge Highway  Blairsville, GA 30512
(706) 745-9671

The entire staff was working their butts off to take care of us. Doc, who put a lot of it together, was involved with the local gun show in town that weekend, so he wasn't there, but he helped with organizing everything.

Wow, Hard to imagine as I didn't see a person who didn't look very happy eating that great food!  Union did do a great job and I thought we did as well showing up with the weather that was in the area for the morning.  I know that the group I rode in with was only going to show respect to the people at Union for putting it together.  The weather sure didn't allow for a great ride over.  I will bet the guys or gals complaining will have a hell of a time on their next ride...

I thought Union Powersports did a great job. I will stop in and tell them the next time I am up there. I just hope they ignore the couple people that complained and consider the larger number of us that were very grateful.

I was up there this past weekend and my buddy needed a new rear tire and I took him to Union PS and he got it installed there.

I also told them I was up there for the COG lunch and how much we really appreciated their hospitality.  Maybe by bringing my buddy there to get a tire helped some.

Why someone would gripe about free food is beyond me.  :-[

I'm pretty convinced that there are some people who, if you were giving away $100 bills, would complain because they'd rather have five $20's. :-[  As Ron White so aptly says, "You can't fix Stupid."

:beerchug:I had a great time, even if I ended up with a FEMA tent, great time riding with good friend's and old farts...AL

Jenn you did a great job and Union Power Sports did a good job also. I would go to there shop
if it was closer to me. Abby had a good time also and thanks to all for throwing her stick.
It was no trouble helping a damsel in distress.
Richard

Richard, it was easy keeping your pooch busy. We just didn't know what the hell to do with you.................................  Al

RWulf said:
Jenn you did a great job and Union Power Sports did a good job also. I would go to there shop
if it was closer to me. Abby had a good time also and thanks to all for throwing her stick.
It was no trouble helping a damsel in distress.
Richard

I think my Connie would have spent the entire weekend lying in the mud if Richard hadn't kept helping me with kickstand issues...
And once, Abby even donated her stick to the cause!  Good stories....

OK folks, it is CRUNCH time.  This event was well over a month ago and your newsletter editor, (yours truly) STILL DOES NOT HAVE an ARTICLE of the event.  Pics, got plenty, but will seek more IF someone writes the article.  If two or three of you write an article, GREAT!!!  I'll print all of them.

So what are you waiting for, here is your chance to be in print.  While it may be limited print, the members who were not able to participate still do appreciate re-living it through your efforts.

I know, some of you think I'm to write it, WRONG!  I've got two items which I lead to write up.  So if RWTW is to be the headliner, someone needs to get to the task ASAP.  Otherwise, the Bourbon Ride or the Heavy's RTE will take the front page.

Deadline, June 20th!    Git-R-dun!

Did someone say write an article??? I signed up to do this, but I need some HELP.  If several of you would post with the ONE BEST THING about the rally I'll be glad to add some of these to the write-up.

For example: "Riding Wolfpen Gap in the thick of night after getting BBQ"  :-\

THANKS!

I gots 3 ... yeah I suck at directions  ;D

Jen's & Jim's fine effort & organization
Union Powersports open house
Watching Al putting Iron Butt miles on the mule

I have to hand it to Wildcat Lodge & Campground's attitude of "We'll do what we can to help you." Also major kudos to Union Powersports for "hosting" (without any warning, BTW) the inaugural indoor poker run. The best part of the whole rally was the folks who attended; their attitude/perspective is what made the event an unqualified success.

Question:
Who was awarded the Youngest COG member award at RWTW??  Inquiring minds wanna know

Attachments

• Youngest COG -.jpg
    Youngest COG -.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 120
Tom,
How ya doing? Thanks for the escort!

I recall the youngest being Clinton from Fl. You may want to double check.

Pastor Tyler

Just thought I would kick to the top again and compliment Mr. Sills on an awesome writeup of the RWTW that appeared in the Concourier.  Thanks Tom.

And thanks again for the Yuengling Black and Tans! They are long gone. :beerchug: :beerchug:

Thank you, Steve. Even got credit for a photo I did not take.    :rotflmao:

And, if'n you come by here in the next day or so, I've got some black & tans in the fridge downstairs... :beerchug:

Not feeling the love, are we?  Yep, the B&T's were a nice suggestion.  :beerchug: And oh, I'll appreciate any high end Bourbon you bring by, anytime...

Sorry day. The dog with the stick had to be put down due to cancer. Abby will be missed.
Thanks to all who through her stick. I guess I will have to go get them now.
Thanks

Richard,
So sorry to hear the news about Abby. Know she will be missed. 

Please feel welcome to come back, anytime, and we will not make you play fetch (unless you want to, that is!)

RWulf said:
Sorry day. The dog with the stick had to be put down due to cancer. Abby will be missed.
Thanks

She was a good Doggie!

RWulf said:
Thanks

Man, that really sucks.  She had a great time wearing me out  ;D  Sorry to hear of her problems  :'( 

I hate to hear of Abby's passing. Pets can make a place in our heart that is hard to fill when they leave us. I am sure Abby was no different.

I doubt if their was any at the rally who did not join in the fun of watching her fetch or throwing her a stick. Brian as I recall got her going over the cliff (so to speak) on film. She will be remembered.

Pastor Tyler

Dieing is a part of life, doesn't mean it does not suck.

Seems kinda weird, in April she was just a gettin' it, doing her stick thing.

I had fun with her. I'll miss her, for sure.