• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Run with the Wolf Rally, 2012

I wonder if the hot wheel track comes with the deal or will it be an accessory that is required at the winners expense?

Pastor Tyler

We're considering a rather short-but-fun poker run on Saturday. If we can work out a couple of small issues for locations, it looks like it would be a fun way to see some of the better spots in the area, while still allowing time afterwards for folks to ride off wherever they like.

Stupid question of the day...do we have to "reserve" primitive camping? Couldn't find that on the web site, just the cost. First come, first spot?

And stupid question #2, when are the Flo-re-duh contingents heading up?

Mike

Bugnut said:
Stupid question of the day...do we have to "reserve" primitive camping? Couldn't find that on the web site, just the cost. First come, first spot?

And stupid question #2, when are the Flo-re-duh contingents heading up?

Mike

The camping seems to be open sites, I'm not planning on a reservation.

The Flowriduh contingent will probably be leaving at Oh dark thirty on Thursday. Probably all meet up for breakkie on I-75 somewhere near Ocala/Gainsville area.

If we wind up blasting the big road all the way up, I found a decent Q spot a bit south of Hotlanta, quite by accident.

re #2, some of us in the LSFFL club are headin to Jim's in SC on Wed. So we'll prolly git up to ground 0 Thurs am.

BTW, that means Lazy Slackers from Floriduh since there'll be a cage/trailer. I jest don't feel like a ~14 hr cruz.  ;D

Don't blame you one bit Paulie.......I am hoping to make it but hurt my back a couple of weeks ago and it is slow to heal.....will see how it goes.

Bobby_Cassell_GA said:
Is there any interest in splitting one of the cabins at high valley resort?  The Cub has 1 bedroom with a king downstairs and 1 bedroom with 2 twins upstairs.  There are 2 full bathrooms.  The cub is $150/night which we could split.  The other cabins are bigger with more beds upstairs for $165/night.  I'll be staying 3 nights Thu, Fri and Sat.  I haven't checked availability yet.  I'll be with my wife. :)

Thanks,

Bobby

I will be heading in the general direction of RWTW on Friday the 20th.  I had thought about staying at Iron Horse on Friday and heading to Suches early Saturday morning.  I will be riding solo.  If I change my plan I could only split Friday and Saturday.  About how far is High Valley from rally site?  I guess I'm getting soft in my old age but I can't get excited about hauling my camping gear for a weekend trip.

Went ahead and reserved a site. First rally for me using a tent and camping.  Let'er rip!  (not literally, of course  :-[ )

JoeR said:
  About how far is High Valley from rally site?  I guess I'm getting soft in my old age but I can't get excited about hauling my camping gear for a weekend trip.

About 8 miles, of 25 mph twisties  ;D no,  really

JoeR said:
Bobby_Cassell_GA said:
Is there any interest in splitting one of the cabins at high valley resort?  The Cub has 1 bedroom with a king downstairs and 1 bedroom with 2 twins upstairs.  There are 2 full bathrooms.  The cub is $150/night which we could split.  The other cabins are bigger with more beds upstairs for $165/night.  I'll be staying 3 nights Thu, Fri and Sat.  I haven't checked availability yet.  I'll be with my wife. :)

Thanks,

Bobby

I will be heading in the general direction of RWTW on Friday the 20th.  I had thought about staying at Iron Horse on Friday and heading to Suches early Saturday morning.  I will be riding solo.  If I change my plan I could only split Friday and Saturday.  About how far is High Valley from rally site?  I guess I'm getting soft in my old age but I can't get excited about hauling my camping gear for a weekend trip.

I may be interested as well.  I would stay Thurs., Fri. and Sat. night.  But, i would like to keep it around 150 for lodging.  Maybe we could all split one of the larger cabins with an extra room?  Let me know what you all think.  I am not solid on going yet, but if i could nail down some lodging options, it might help.  ;)

I called High Valley this evening and got a recording.  I left a message, if I hear back about cabin availability, I'll post here.

Clinton said:
JoeR said:
Bobby_Cassell_GA said:

Thanks,

Bobby

I may be interested as well.  I would stay Thurs., Fri. and Sat. night.  But, i would like to keep it around 150 for lodging.  Maybe we could all split one of the larger cabins with an extra room?  Let me know what you all think.  I am not solid on going yet, but if i could nail down some lodging options, it might help.  ;)
You could join us at the textile Hilton, less than half the rate in your budget.  ;)

Well, I called High Valley Resort again this afternoon, still no answer phone or email.  May be headed to the "Textile Hilton".

I left a message with High Valley as well last week and haven't had a call back yet either.  So far I have interest from 3 solo riders plus myself makes 4.  I've done the math for the 4 of us and one of the 4 will only be there 2 days.  So here goes. I took the $165/day plus 10% tax would be $544.50 (I'm not 100% sure about the tax amount)  For 2 days it will be $99 for the rest of us $148.50 each.  The $165 a night cabins will sleep either 5 or 7.  So if we can get one more it will knock it down to $78/$117 respectively and with 6 folks it will be $64/$96 total for the 2/3 days.

If anyone else is interested let me know.  JoeR and Clinton let me know what you think.  You can call me at 478-396-4556 if you want to chat about it more.

Thanks,

Bobby Cassell
PS  My wife backed out so I'm coming solo.    :beerchug:  Just kidding about the  :beerchug:  I meant  :'(

OK, I reserved the Piper this morning at High Valley Resort.  It has a king size bed downstairs, 2 twins in the bedroom upstairs and 2 fulls in the loft upstairs so it will easily sleep 5 but if someone isn't sqeamish about sharing a king we could get 6 and there is a couch in the living room that could sleep one in a pinch or if someone wants to bring an air mattress we could probably find a spot on the floor for a lesser daily amount if all the beds are taken.  Joe and Clinton, are you in?

We definitely have room for one more and possibly 2 or 3.  The more the merrier (and cheaper!!)

UPDATE:  The cabin is going to be 554.40 total.  Currently if everyone confirms (I'm in for 3 nights, John Merrell confirmed for 3 nights, Joe for 2 nights and Clinton for 3 nights)  we'll be right at $50 a night.  If we can get one more 3 nighter it'll drop to $40 a night and if we can get 2 it'll drop to $33 per night.

We pay on the honor system and leave an envelope in a drop box when we leave.  You can put cash, check or MC/Visa info on a slip of paper with your 3 digit CCV code for your portion of the rent.

Thanks,

Bobby

I have another update on the Piper.  Our 2 day guy just turned into a 3 day guy  :beerchug: bringing our current daily charge to $46.20 for a total 3 day charge of $138.60.  Just waiting to hear from Clinton.  >:D

Bobby

I finally signed up Jean and myself this morning, we will be up there Friday and hopefully my son will be able to make it also.  It will be his first time in the mountains with my old SV1000s  ;D  We will bring the taj with us and camp out.

See you scoundrels (you know who you are  ::)  ) in a few weeks

Clinton said:
SteveJ. said:
Clinton said:
I'm in!  Looking forward to it!  Thanks Bobby for taking the lead on this. 

:motonoises:  :)

No textile Hilton? ;)

I'm textile-less  ???

Textile Hilton.... Y'all are killing me!  :rotflmao: Can't wait! Pulling mine out this weekend for a test set up. Should only have a a few critters from my last outing.  :bedtime2:

Mike

SteveJ,
If you let me know what coffee you prefer I will gladly bring it..... if you will make it for us textile folks  ;D.

Do know if snake is going to make it to RWTW?

Pastor Tyler

I'm in and looking forward to our fire side chats  :) are you bringing the trailer or did you learn how to pack? Oh! I don't know if they have any gravel there :rotflmao:
\ love You brother, see You there.  Steve

MSRev said:
SteveJ,
If you let me know what coffee you prefer I will gladly bring it..... if you will make it for us textile folks  ;D.

Do know if snake is going to make it to RWTW?

Pastor Tyler

Hey Ty, got ya covered on the coffee, call it my donation to civility.

It will be good to see you again.

Update on the Piper...We lost a roomy  :'( and we're down to 3 which takes us to $61 per night.  :mad: So we need to drum up some more roommates to get it back down to sub-$50.  Joe and Clinton, let me know what you want to do.  I hope you'll hang in there with me.  Someone will turn up.  We have until the 5th to cancel without a fee but I'd prefer to not cancel even if it costs a little more.  One other option is we can move into the Cub for $56 a night but then we'll only have a king and 2 twins and that would make it harder to pick up additional roommates.

Thanks,

Bobby

Well, i say we atleast hang in there until the 5th to see if we can get one or two more.  Worst case, we'll re-evaluate on the 3rd or 4th and see what we want to do from there.  No worries here!  :)

I plan on being in the Suches area April 6 & 7, is there anything that needs to be done for the rally committee or anybody else for that matter.

Questions, pictures etc

Snake,
Can I bring you some brake fluid?  :))  Baxk at ya!

Looking forward to the chats by the fire as well.

No trailer this time...only a hitch rack on the back for my cooler...does that meet the ss's standards?

Pastor Tyler

For those wanting to rent a cabin at High Valley, I just talked to Lucia and she said if you would call her at (404) 234-1675 she can get you booked.  I just booked two bunkhouses for April 6 & 7 for the pre RWTW dust off the cob webs

I also just talked to Lisa Herrera and she said the best time to call her is Thursday morn 3-29  at  404 386 0118

MSRev said:
Snake,
Can I bring you some brake fluid?  :))  Baxk at ya!

Looking forward to the chats by the fire as well.

No trailer this time...only a hitch rack on the back for my cooler...does that meet the ss's standards?

Pastor Tyler

If the cooler in question contains or is destined to contain beer, there are no standards involved, just bring it any way you can. ;) :beerchug:

Alan_Yucius_FL said:
How many people are expected to attend this event???    :rotflmao:

Right now there are 37 registered http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=157627&mo=4&tDate=%7Bd%20%272012-04-28%27%7D. There could always be some late registrations.....people like me that don't know for absolute certainty that it will work out to attend. My excuse is I gotta be sure I can leave work, then fly to Florida to get my bike and ride it up to the rally. I'm plannin on it, but ya never know :motonoises:

Update on the Piper Cabin at High Valley.  Looks like we're pretty close to having a 4th 3-nighter again.  Vic Salisbury says he's about 90% and confident he's in on the cabin.  We still have one more bed for anyone who wants to join us.  With 5 it would be about $37 per night so the 3 nights would be just under 100 bucks.(In case math isn't your strong point)  :)

Bobby
478-396-4556

Bobby_Cassell_GA said:
Update on the Piper Cabin at High Valley.  Looks like we're pretty close to having a 4th 3-nighter again.  Vic Salisbury says he's about 90% and confident he's in on the cabin.  We still have one more bed for anyone who wants to join us.  With 5 it would be about $37 per night so the 3 nights would be just under 100 bucks.(In case math isn't your strong point)  :)

Bobby
478-396-4556

That new math is a killer  :D

yer' all safe, and I promise no rain.....Momma and I can't make it this Run, it would be an epic one though Rolling down there from the Shores of Lake Erie here in Ohio.....
:-\

:-* y'all ride safe

MAN OF BLUES said:
yer' all safe, and I promise no rain.....Momma and I can't make it this Run, it would be an epic one though Rolling down there from the Shores of Lake Erie here in Ohio.....
:-\

:-* y'all ride safe

We'll certainly miss you two....

One more registered (me). Would be two more but the site won't let me enter my wife as a guest. Where did I goof up (this time)?  :-[

Saw Steve Sefsick yesterday, and he and Jenn are coming. So with a few people unable to register their guests, the count is over 40. Jerry should be correct in his 50+ estimation, which will be a good number for this 1st of the new year rally.
I'll be running hot up and back to the Moonshine Rally in Illinois, change bikes to leave 3 days later for the RWTW. Doesn't get much better for me. Looking forward to seeing everyone........................  Al

Registration for guests should be fixed, thanks to John Carver. So if you had any problems with this, please try again (and do let me know if you still can't register your guest).

Yes it's fixed. Just added my wife as my guest. Now, to see if she actually comes along. She's got an all day meeting on Friday in Atlanta, so we/I may come on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting everybody

ron203 said:
Yes it's fixed. Just added my wife as my guest. Now, to see if she actually comes along. She's got an all day meeting on Friday in Atlanta, so we/I may come on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting everybody

8)

Update on the Piper Cabin at High Valley.  We currently have 6 so all the beds are filled.  There is a couch and of course the floor is available if you want the camping experience with the comfort of being inside with a kitchen, bathroom and TV. Cost is now down to $35 per night for a total of $105 for the 3 nighters and $70 for the 2 nighters.

Bobby

Bobby_Cassell_GA said:
Update on the Piper Cabin at High Valley.  We currently have 6 so all the beds are filled.  There is a couch and of course the floor is available if you want the camping experience with the comfort of being inside with a kitchen, bathroom and TV. Cost is now down to $35 per night for a total of $105 for the 3 nighters and $70 for the 2 nighters.

Bobby

Hey Bobby, nice job putting this together for the folks that can't quite get into the textile Hilton way of doing things. See ya up there. Arriving on Thurs afternoon.

Pulled the trigger this morning,Last minute as usual, gotta quit doing that.Carol and I are really looking forward to doing our first road trip together and can't wait to meet all of you.It's been 30 years since I've been on a road trip,see Ya'll there.  ;) Gotta go to work. :'(

Roger

Roger,  you picked a great rally to do your first road trip together. Great roads, great bunch of people, great camping area= you won't wait so long to pull the trigger next time. See you at the Friday night keg social.      Al

If you make up to the area in time on Friday, Doc Wacholz at Union Powersports is going to be part of the staff at North Georgia Gun Show on both Friday and Saturday. He said to let ya'll know:

The Gun Show will be Friday, April 20th 3P - 8P and Saturday 9A - 5P....

I have segragated a special motorcycle parking up front by the venues front door. 

The venue is; Union Cty Civic Center...just EAST of the Town Square....165 Welborn St. Blairsville...look for the Gun Show signs

I know we have just a few folks in COG who might enjoy that, so heads-up....

With some registration hiccups, there are a few guests not counted in the numbers. There happens to be 49 signed up for Run With The Wolf, so here's a chance to be number 50. This is going to be some fun event.            Al

Registration deadline is this Saturday, April 7th. It's now or never on this one, so make that decision to be there now.      Al

Well, I just added myself, so assume you've hit 50.          :))        Now the weird part it says 46??? 

Now for the most interesting question, well at least for me.  Does Wildcat have a ramp or a place to unload a bike out of a pickup.  Yes, I know what you are thinking, but I'm not going to ride those 40/60 tires on the pavement the distance to get there.  I'll get more than enough pavement even when I'm there.  I know you all love the paved roads, well the back roads (dirt, gravel, forest service roads) are even more fun.   

Just registered for the Wolf so count one more. 

Just sent Bobby_Cassell_GA a pm about the couch still being available.  If not I will just camp at the venue.

Al, are you leading the group from Central Florida meeting in Ocala and picking other riders up in Valdosta, if so do you guys have room for one more for the ride up.

Been on the fence about being able to make this ride and I am so glad that I pulled the trigger.

Add 2 more to the long list. I register myself but I could not add my son as a guest. I will register him when we get there on Friday.

FYI

Those that are registering, make sure you use the first day of the rally, April 20th for full registration options. The other days can accept basic registration only and should not be used.
Yep, a limitation in the system.

Just received Go For Launch from mission control. Now, ride the Connie or KLR? Anyone ridding their Dual Sports?

Kurt

Kurt....buddy....I've got the same decision to make.
Way to go SE, we went over 50 for the Wolf today.      Al

Al, let me know what you decide. I'm leaning towards the KLR but I don't have to decide until Friday the 20th. I will be back up there Wednesday April 25th for five days for our boyz weekend so I'll get plenty of DS riding in. Let me know.

Kurt

Kurt,  looks like that decision is done. Heading to the Moonshine in IL Wednesday, and will go to Chicago for a couple of days and ride directly to RWTW.......all on the C10.    Al

Mr. Carver,

I recall some rather steep embankments that I'm sure will be ideal for unloading your dual-sport. Especially with more than a few extra hands to help!

Mr. Carver???  What the heck is that?  My name is John. 

As for the help getting unloaded, Thanks in advance!

So is it OK to just show up and register if you're tent camping?  cause I won't know if I have that weekend off until it gets here.....TC

Do you have to be a member of COG to register through this site?  I can't seem to find where to sign up.

Looks like it's camping only at this point, right?

Registration closed April 7th, haven't heard about onsite registration procedures.

I've heard of a few that have those dynamic work/family schedules, may not know until the week of and still want to attend.

Best bet, I'd contact Jenn ( i.e. coffee_brake), the Rallymeister and she will be able to let you know whats what.

I stopped by Wildcat for breakfast this past Saturday, they have great "homemade" sausage.  I was told there were only 15 camping sites available total and 5 have been reserved, so if you plan on camping you better give them a call.

I meet the owner of Wildcat and he is a very friendly guy and really looking forward to us being there  ;D

I also stayed at the bunkhouse at High Valley and they would love for us to have our rally there, that is just an FYI statement.

Attachments

• Wildcat Lodge.jpg
    Wildcat Lodge.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 109
Jerry,

I'm guessing that everyone is primitive camping instead of using the prepared sites? I called and asked if I needed to reserve a primitive site, she said no but took my name to ensure I had a spot.

Kurt

MotoCommuter said:
Jerry,

I'm guessing that everyone is primitive camping instead of using the prepared sites? I called and asked if I needed to reserve a primitive site, she said no but took my name to ensure I had a spot.

Kurt

I told her I didn't need anything fancy, just a place to put up my tent and she told me they only had 15 places to put tents on.  I am not sure what the primitive camping area is.

Jerry,

Their web site states the following:

RV Campsites
          Our 27 RV sites offer access, parking, and full hookups, including power, water, sewer and Wi-Fi.
Primitive Campsites
          For those who prefer more "nature" in their camping, we have unlimited sites available in a quiet, forested area that will keep your tent shaded and cool.

The RV sites are $40 and the Primitive are $15 according to their web site.

Kurt

Jerry, since you  found a new site that would like to have the RWTW rally there...
I guess that means that you have volunteered to be the next RWTW rally meister.right?!?!?!
  :bravo_2:          :rotflmao:

MotoCommuter said:
Jerry,

RV Campsites
          Our 27 RV sites offer access, parking, and full hookups, including power, water, sewer and Wi-Fi.
Primitive Campsites
          For those who prefer more "nature" in their camping, we have unlimited sites available in a quiet, forested area that will keep your tent shaded and cool.

Kurt

I am just passing on what the woman at the store told me, the site I signed up for is $15 per night, so it isn't an RV or upgraded spot.  It is strange the two conflict, had I known that I would have asked the owner when I was talking to him.

Jerry, we liked High Valley, but after they hosed us several years in a row, we decided to go somewhere else. If their attitude has changed, it might bear looking into again. But, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me! JMHO.

Cooking and serving a spaghetti supper for 40 of your best friends in a small house is fun stuff, but that only happened because they refused Jim and I the use of the kitchen at the last minute. Otherwise, the location is as good as it gets. We should give Wildcat an objective try and see from there.....no? I think camping is $20.00 a night at Wildcat, so I'm not about to have to drive somewhere after a few adult beverages. Besides, if I was off somewhere else, you'd all talk badly about me. It's not as if that won't happen ANYWAY.
Hold the mail after Thursday. On the road for the next 10 days. See you at the Wolf.        Al

High Valley didn't exactly refuse us the use of the kitchen; they just wanted to charge us $450 for it. This AFTER they'd told us we had free access to it.

IronButtAl said:
I think camping is $20.00 a night at Wildcat, so I'm not about to have to drive somewhere after a few adult beverages. Besides, if I was off somewhere else, you'd all talk badly about me. It's not as if that won't happen ANYWAY.
Hold the mail after Thursday. On the road for the next 10 days. See you at the Wolf.        Al

It is $15 per night for two people, extra people in the same tent are $3 per night.

COGnosticat0r said:
MotoCommuter said:
Jerry,

RV Campsites
Primitive Campsites

Kurt

I am just passing on what the woman at the store told me, the site I signed up for is $15 per night, so it isn't an RV or upgraded spot.  It is strange the two conflict, had I known that I would have asked the owner when I was talking to him.

"Primitive Campsites
          For those who prefer more "nature" in their camping, we have unlimited sites available in a quiet, forested area that will keep your tent shaded and cool.  Picnic tables and fire rings are provided, as well as use of the bath house and pavilion (see above)."

Based on the above, and looking and the high tech map they have on the web site, there seems to be some discrepancy. I think I might call them tomorrow to snoop this out. I'll be riding in the day before and if reservations are needed for the primitive sites, I'll make mine and post up.

Mike

IronButtAl said:
... Besides, if I was off somewhere else, you'd all talk badly about me...      Al

No need to go somewhere else, you can stay while we do that  :p  :beerchug: BTW I'm goin', in with the floridiots. Steve

OK, the skinny on the camp sites:

- Spoke with a very nice lady at the deli, didn't catch her name, but very helpfull. Give a call if you have questions as they are very receptive.

- They are taking reservations / deposits on the "prepped" camping sites, those that have been set up with level grade and such that you see on the web site. Looks like they have pea gravel or similar for grade and wood boarders. And nicely boardered by woods! $15 a night with a deposit now, there are 7 left as of 0900 eastern time. I like those as they are clean, clear, have fire rings and picnic tables at hand.

- They have 88 acres of land for full "primitive" camping. Those are just wide open spaces, meadows, woods, etc. You's take's your chances on grade, grass, and cover. Pick your spot and enjoy. Looks beautiful overall based on photos.

- They have open RV sites for those textile hilton guys who need electricity, or folks with full tilt RVs of course. Those are $20 a night as a tent person, $40 with a full rig, with a deposit now, they have I think she said, 15 or 20 available.

I've opted for the one of the preped sites for bike parking, the cleared area, tables, etc. But may change my mind once I arrive and really see the property. I see they list WiFi for those RV spots, but I bet I could mooch if I was close enough! Although the site makes it seem to be a whole area thing is covered by WiFi and not just the RV sites as the text notes. Anyhow, if you need it, you can probably get it. I'll be uploading pics to my storage site for later editing, and need that connection.

Hope this helps a bit more. See y'all there! ^-^

Mike  :motonoises:

You got it buddy. Doing what we do best. Bringing some high end Bourbon. It's so hot, I was able to start my model airplane with it, so it should be able to "start" me and my mouth. It's just the way I roll.
Look forward to see all of my 'frat house' buddys. You to Lane.............................        Al

Our SE mail list is shot, so here's a quick schedule;
Friday night I'm hosting a keg social, with fire and soft beverages included. No cost to anyone for this meet & greet.
Saturday there will be a poker run, best 5 card hand wins a $50.00 gift certificate to Union Powersports, and there's no cost to participate in this event either. Union will be feeding us lunch at the poker run end, and best hand is determined there.
Saturday night is our banquet, when door prizes and a raffle will be given out, rider awards given, and members recognized.
An informal SE Leadership meeting will be conducted at everyones leisure sometime on Saturday
Hope we see you there.......................Al

If you haven't registered, NO WORRIES!  There will be on-site registration at Wildcat Lodge & Campground. There will be a banquet on Saturday night ($8/person, entree is spaghetti, pay on-site), there are still bunks available in their bunkhouse (called the "door house"). Friday night keg party, Poker Run, Banquet, great riding roads, great bunch of folks; It don't get no betta than this!

Hi Al,

I'm a little out of the loop on the Poker Run stuff.  When and where is the Poker run and all the activities associated with it?  Duh...Nevermind, It's part of the Rally.  I guess I should do my searching BEFORE I ask the question.

Thanks,

Bobby

IF YOU DID NOT REGISTER BEFORE THE DEADLINE, THAT'S OK! You can still attend the rally anyway!

On-site registration will be open for last-minute attendees. Please do email me (if you haven't already) and let me know you're coming so we can make sure Wildcat has enough groceries for us all.

Like Jim said, contact Wildcat for your camping and bunkhouse plans, and they will receiving the $8 fee for a spaghetti supper Saturday night.
We've got a sweet little poker run planned (not mandatory, but sure to be a fun ride) and Wildcat is actively looking to show us a good time. The number of planned attendees is rising daily, this looks to be a great time at a new venue!

Did someone say POKER RUN???

Official map of the Poker Run is attached as a Word Document.  Great route configured by Jenn and Jim for your entertainment and pleasure. I just happened to put it down on paper.  The schedule for the Run is Saturday morning with the ride ending for lunch at Union Powersports in Blairsville.  Those who participate are doing so at their own risk and under the terms of the AMA RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT which is to be signed at Rally Registration.

There will be brief versions of the route available at the Rally.  The condensed version will NOT include the coordinates or full-color map, just the route directions.  The rest is offered for those who are Gimmick Geeks and want to have the info plugged into their GPS in advance.

As stated elsewhere in the thread, the poker run consists of several stops where the rider picks up a playing card. At the end of the ride, the person with the best overall poker hand wins a prize.  Riders will be given two cards at the beginning of the event (Wildcat Lodge), and one card at each of the other stops (along Wolf Pen Gap Road, at Brasstown Bald Visitors Center, and Union Powersports in Blairsville).   
Enjoy!  :)

Look forward to seeing you at the Rally!

TOM

Attachments

• Poker Run.doc
    192 KB · Views: 119
More Poker Run

I hope the attached zip file will load into your GPS as a .gpx file.  First time I've tried this, so no guarantees....

TOM

Attachments

• RWTW 2012 Poker Run.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 102
Volcantour said:
More Poker Run

I hope the attached zip file will load into your GPS as a .gpx file.  First time I've tried this, so no guarantees....

TOM

Thanks Tom, this worked for me.  Just make sure you recalculate the route so it will match the maps in "your" gps and play close attention if the route changes some. Mine did but I was able to redo the route change to the original route.

Participation in the Poker Run is FREE to registered rally attendees. It should be a great rally and you don't want to miss it. On-site registration will be available Friday afternoon and Saturday morning so it's not too late. Just look at what this rally has to offer:
Friday night kegger/meet & greet around the campfire
Saturday Poker Run and FREE LUNCH at Union Powersports
Saturday night banquet with door prizes and other awards
Saturday night bench racing around the campfire (BTW, Tom has promised not to try to tell his story about Hugh).

And especially, hangin' out with all your COG friends (those you know and those you haven't met yet).