• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

S100 Total Cycle Cleaner

cragantler

I’ve used S100 engine brightener for years as it brings back the black components of the bike greatly. Put a nice shine and lasts.
I had an older bottle of the Total Cycle Cleaner that I’ve had for about 10 years.
Finally broke down and picked up an aerosol can of the Total Cycle Cleaner and gave it a go.
What a difference this makes. Sure beats the old way of car wash soap that I’ve done rode years
You can either buy it online or at your local Harley shop. About the only time I go to one🤪🤪
66479A70-95B0-42B3-9EBD-ED79F42481EB.jpeg09D639A9-48F6-4D9A-87C3-07AF8DA42DB3.jpeg

Thanks for sharing
Ive used a similar Honda product for years, was called “Honda Line cleaner wax” o.
It’s got a different name now, doesn’t seem as good as it once was
I will definitely try this stuff 👍

Can was only $16 at the HD shop and it didn’t take much. I could have gotten it online but like to spend my $ locally when possible

I've been using the bulk liquid Total Cycle Cleaner (in an old Windex spray bottle) for quite a while now. It's very effective in removing oil, brake pad dust, exhaust residue, and helps with bug removal too and doesn't ever etch into or otherwise damage any surface as other cleaners might. However it never makes my bike look anywhere nearly as beautiful as Doug's C-10.

Thank you sir for the compliment. Had her since ‘07 when I bought her while living in Southern Maine. 2nd owner as 1st bought her new @ Tri-Sports in Topsham. Still represent her roots as you can see. Rode all over Northern New England until 2018 when we moved to Western NC for my career.
5EB3CF47-DD46-42B5-BFF2-8B0C699B2FCC.jpegE1712CBA-E8EC-400C-B764-81DE82D4F6FA.jpeg

I should give the S100 stuff a try.

This has been my favorite, so far: https://www.performancelubricantsusa.com/product-page/dupont-showroom

It works pretty nice. I won't say that it works as a cleaner on stubborn stuff, but for just dusting off and giving a nice polish, it goes on in a nice foamy spray, and wipes off quick and easy without smearing or spots, and leaves a really nice shine.

I also tried a spray bottle of Meguiars Quik Detailer, which is complete garbage in comparison. I think water with a bit of dish soap would be just as effective.

I’ve used the Meguiars as a quickie before a ride but interested in the DuPont product. Is it available at auto parts store or??!
Could be the next purchase for dusting and quick touch ups👍👍

I’ve used the Meguiars as a quickie before a ride but interested in the DuPont product. Is it available at auto parts store or??!
Could be the next purchase for dusting and quick touch ups👍👍
I first found it at WalMart, of all places, but they stopped carrying it at the one near me, if not in general. I had to order it online last time, I think from Walmart.com.

Thank you sir for the compliment. Had her since ‘07 when I bought her while living in Southern Maine. 2nd owner as 1st bought her new @ Tri-Sports in Topsham. Still represent her roots as you can see. Rode all over Northern New England until 2018 when we moved to Western NC for my career.
View attachment 38607View attachment 38608
I spent three years living in Brunswick in the early 70s and it was years before I got over leaving to go back to NJ.