• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sad News North Central Member Tony Koenen passed away on Monday.

JackG

After a great day of riding and lunch and ice cream he was standing in the parking lot saying goodbye to his riding buddies when he sank to the ground next to his bike. He had a heart attack and went quickly.
Tony said that when he met COG members they were his family.
Some of you might remember him as the Bear killer at the Johnson City TN Rally in 2014.

Tony was the person who got me involved in COG and kept pushing me to do more things. He was a tremendous asset to our club through his behind the scenes work. There wasn't a road, route or area he didn't know. Many of us counted on Tony to lead a route, help plan an activity or share those lesser known great places to get something to eat. When he showed up you knew the ride home was going to be a special treat.
Thank you Jack for beginning this thread and sharing these two pictures. The picture of Tony at the table was taken that Monday before he passed.
I will miss all your stories, your warm personality and support over the years. Rest in peace Tony.

image (2).jpgimage (3).jpg

Met him a long time ago I think at one of the wolf rally’s. Great guy and I always liked him and had the privilege of riding with him on and off through the years when we’d be at the same rally’s. God bless the family and may they find comfort in this difficult time.
I hope to see you down the road.

RIP Tony....you are the type of rider that keeps this passion going. Hope to be remembered like you one day. Condolences to family and friends.

So sad to hear we’ve lost another good one. I didn’t know him but I remember his telling of the bear killing story. I’m sorry to hear this.

Tony was a sneaky smart guy ... He didn't advertise it, but he knew a lot!!!

He was a big asset during the 2017 National Rally in MO, and he organized a '20 Question Ride ' that many of us did 2 up.

We saw more small towns and small roads together than we ever would have if I was blasting the twisties. We lost due to the church 'dedication date' was different from the church 'build date'. Sneaky right? Thanks Tony!

This is really sad to hear as Tony was a great guy & you couldn't help but to like him.

I met him for the 1st time at Hohenwald TN, we shared a cabin, that was 11 (?) years ago & my 1st COG event. Anybody that knew Tony new he didn't like the cold; I would open the windows & he close them just as fast, to cold he said. I followed him around all TN, he knew the roads there as well as he did at home, I called him a human GPS.

I was following him at the Spider Ride a few years ago when he hit a rock in the road & went down very hard. I rode back to camp to get his truck/trailer to haul him & his bike back to camp. It was a rather violent crash, but he came out of it only a little bruised up, he was a tough old fellow.

He attended the HMR event at my place on several occasions & it was always a pleasure to have him.

He will be missed for sure but it's comforting to know he had just been doing what he liked the most & that's riding.

Rest in peace Tony.