• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Saddlebag Question

lomexx

Tricycle
Hey all,

Rode in today in some damp conditions and noted that when I opened my saddlebag case I had some moisture on the inside.  My badge was wet, which was sitting in the outside pocket of my Cee-Bailey's saddlebag liner.  I've noticed there tends to be a small gap on the sides of the saddlebags that face the back of your knees while riding (at least on mine).  Anyone else have a problem with moisture leaking in?  Known issue?  Just my bad luck?

There should be no gap, the lid should fit tightly and compress the rubber gasket all the way around when you engage the latch.

If you have a gap, something is wrong. Either the latch isn't catching one of the hooks properly or something is sticking into the crack between the lid and case and not letting them close. You need to do a close investigation and find out what the problem is and correct it. These bags should never leak a single drop.

Sooo....if the gap is just some sort of defect and letting water get in, I wonder if a dealer would cover that under warranty?  I had a feeling the bags should leak....real test will be to spray with a hose and see what happens.

Lomexx said:
Sooo....if the gap is just some sort of defect and letting water get in, I wonder if a dealer would cover that under warranty?  I had a feeling the bags should leak....real test will be to spray with a hose and see what happens.

My C14 has been through monsoons out west and sheet rain of FL and doesn't leak. If yours is leaking, and you are sure nothing is being caught in the seal when its closed, I strongly suggest you let Kawi look at it.

stevewfl said:
My C14 has been through monsoons out west and sheet rain of FL and doesn't leak. If yours is leaking, and you are sure nothing is being caught in the seal when its closed, I strongly suggest you let Kawi look at it.

Same here.  I've gotten home after torrential rain, where I had to dump water out of my boots!  However, the insides of the saddle bags were nice an dry.

BTW, Welcome Steve, it's about time you found this place.  ^-^