• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sag for C-10 with -14 rear shock

cragantler

Without being a totally stupid question,
I’ve purchased a Motool Slacker for low $ and as a Christmas gift for my C-10.😎
Going through instructions it says to set per Sag as noted in service manual. It’s not in the FSM or owners manual.
The ‘00 is now running a ‘10 C-14 rear shock with RaceTech springs in the front.
Question is: how/ where do I find the base data to work from?
Thanks as always, Doug

Doug, I think you want to set both the front and the rear to about 35 mm of (rider) sag.

That sed; (If the rear of the bike is setting high because of the increased length of the C-14 shock) you might want to try 40-45 mm on the rear.

These setting should give you a firm but (not overly stiff) ride for traveling.

While you're playing with your new tool, temporarily decrease both the sag at the front and rear by 5 mm*.
(**change sag from 35 to 30 mm)
ie; See how many clicks it takes to get that 5 mm decrease so that you can use it when you're playing in the twisties.
(Then set everything back to the previous settings).

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited: