• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Sagging forks.

mcasadaban

Tricycle
It appears the front forks on my 2005 C-10 are sagging a little too much. They are also a little bouncy. I'm not sure about this but it appears so. I know they are much softer than those on the C-14. How do I correct this? Change the oil? change the springs? Any suggestions? I've already set the spring pre-load to the tightest setting. Thanks...............Mo

This is a common complaint. You need new stiffer springs, 15 wt oil at the minimum. There are other upgrades (cartridge emulators) but not required. Sonic makes good springs in 3 different stiffness settings.Also progressive sells springs for the concours. Increasing the preload will not make up for under sprung forks. This only changes sag or ride height. Good luck, Mark

I run 15wt and progressive springs. I have not been unhappy with that over all. So much depends on your load and riding style it may not be good enough for you. Photos[/url]