• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Saw A Wreck Today!

seagiant

Hi,
      Driving home and noticed traffic backing up going thru town, SR 19 (Tavares,FL)

Turned out to be an older couple on a layed down, dressed out HD.

The husband was holding a towel to the head of his wife, the cops were already there standing around and the EMT's were pulling up.

Noticed the couple was wearing no riding gear, including no helmets I could see???

Didn't look good, and I saw no other vehicle involved.

Think the husband "rubbed" the concrete medium and lost it.

Speed limit in that area is 45MPH so they were probaly moving pretty good!

Just a reminder why we spend the money and take the time to suit up!

Attachments

• d725ccc4e3149da214da22a1b0a5133e.jpg
    d725ccc4e3149da214da22a1b0a5133e.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 197
Bummer...

I was watching "Live PD" last night, kinda like the show, and one of the responses was to a fleeing eluding motorcyclist...with a passenger..
They originally called off the persuit, as it was endangering all involved, but moments later picked up the chase again when they spotted them...live camera was in the car driven by a "some what gung ho" female LEO... within minutes of the chase, the bike struck a car, at about 25-30 mph, both rider and passenger went flying... driver ended up about 50' from the crash, passenger about 80' both had helmets and some protective gear on...
LEO walks up to bike rider, lying face down with helmet on, moaning about his leg was broken (it was, visibly broken...), and procedes to tell him to roll over on his back.... seriously? Then she grabs him, and physically rolls him over, his leg didn't roll over....when he said his leg was broken, she grabbed his pant leg, and moved and rotated it... wow.... then, she actually demands that he removes his helmet....laying on his back, clearly injured....meanwhile his female passenger, also laying face down 30'+ further away, with helmet on, and moaning is unattended... a moment later you see the passenger laying on her back, and helmet laying on ground 10' away, with 2 LEO's standing there shining a flashlight in her eyes, while she is moaning...  they cut to commercial, and when they came back on med squad was there, girl was already loaded in ambulance, and guy being attended to by parameds..

WTH is wrong with people? How can an LEO, be allowed to unsafely reposition a crash test dummie like that, and demand he take his helmet off before paramedics arrive....? On BOTH crash subjects...  that was rediculous, and after I saw that, had to send comments to that shows web address... everything they did was WRONG... later in the show, they "commented" both subjects we're "ok", and would likely be released from hospital later that evening... 

Edited
It made youtube

https://youtu.be/S0MkCAyrWK0

Also can be seen here, pretty much in entirety,
Starting around 1:02:30

http://morningdailies.com/2018/03/17/aes-live-pd-watch-motorcycle-couple-crash-into-car-while-evading-police-video/

I simply love the LEO asking if he has "anything illegal on his person" ...while she is trying to cuff him behind his back, right off...
The  bigger the bust, the better the boost...sweet...

As a first responder that all sickened me, if you ever experience something like this while riding, do not move anyone, and DO NOT mess with thierhelmet.unless its absolutly necessary, and then, cut the straps first, if they are breathing, leave the helmet on them.
I have stickers on all our helmets stating "DO NOT REMOVE MY HELMET", I suggest you all obtain these, they are also a plastic pouch, that contains identification, and medical emergency data and contacts... we gave them out one year at an event, I think these should be sent out to our members along with their membership cards, instead of a pin, or a keychain....or a COG sticker.

Ride safe, ride smart, and be sharp.

Hi,
      MOB, if you read my post again you will see I said, about the Cops were, "standing around"....

That in it's self struck me odd, and obviously the husband was helping his own wife, while THREE cops stood there looking on???

Maybe I'm being to harsh, maybe one of the Cops actually (maybe not?) gave the guy the towel...I don't know? :(

I do know my gear is on when I leave the house!

Attachments

• ac7062c76cae6d105fe65f84cf8419dd.jpg
    ac7062c76cae6d105fe65f84cf8419dd.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 136
YEAH,
I don't believe 80% of police today have enough training as a first responder, let alone training in any emergency Life saving/prolonging assistance... I got all my training as a volunteer at my place of business, and renewed it anually thru Red Cross, including blod borne pathogen protection, and AED training... dilligence saves lives, "to serve and protect" written on an LEO car door implies this...

It really heated up on Live PD's facebook site... I'm expecting the plug to be pulled on that MO police departments broadcasts... pending a lawsuit for sure... my retired lawyer wife simply went ballistic watching the actual sequence, and said "I'd eat them for breakfast"...in court.

MAN OF BLUES said:
YEAH,
I don't believe 80% of police today have enough training as a first responder, let alone training in any emergency Life saving/prolonging assistance... I got all my training as a volunteer at my place of business, and renewed it anually thru Red Cross, including blod borne pathogen protection, and AED training... dilligence saves lives, "to serve and protect" written on an LEO car door implies this...

It really heated up on Live PD's facebook site... I'm expecting the plug to be pulled on that MO police departments broadcasts... pending a lawsuit for sure... my retired lawyer wife simply went ballistic watching the actual sequence, and said "I'd eat them for breakfast"...in court.

Hi,
      LOL!!!

Being on this planet since the mid 50's...

I think I can safely say, a lot of things have gone to Hell in a hand basket...

Hard to find anyone good in Trades, Mechanics, Law enforcement, ect.,ect.!

There are exceptions and I know that, but I'm talking in a general sense! (my opinion!)

Attachments

• tumblr_p3144iFUSd1v1gz89o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p3144iFUSd1v1gz89o1_1280.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 159
MAN OF BLUES said:
How can an LEO, be allowed to unsafely reposition a crash test dummie like that, and demand he take his helmet off before paramedics arrive....?

As a Volunteer EMT, I think it comes down to safety above all else.  We are taught the first thing you think about before all else "is the scene safe?"  The guy was just running from the cops at a high rate of speed, he may have a weapon on him, and securing him is the most important thing in the moment, THEN provide medical treatment. 

Yeah, it sucks, but what if he had a gun on it and while you were bothering with his leg, he decides to shoot you in the side.  cuff him, search him, THEN put him in a position of comfort and get the medics there. 

if you don't want to get treated badly, don't run.  numb nuts got what he deserved as far as I care.  he needs to be more careful about himself before anyone goes preaching to others about being safe with him.  I got no sympathy for either of them.

</rant>

:motonoises:

Well, I do have sympathy for her.  I mean there is the real possibility she was an unwilling participant.  It's not like you're going to be jumping off the bike at 80mph. 

Yeah, you can argue she should have never gotten on the bike with a douche in the first place, but shoulda, woulda, coulda. 

At the point that guy fled, she had no say and could not get off the ride. 

MAN OF BLUES said:
YEAH,

You’re a freaking tool!  What exactly do you do as a first responder?  How many pursuits have you been in and how many people have you arrested?  It’s TV jackass.  I can’t hold my tongue anymore with your nonsense. 

GIant81 said:
MAN OF BLUES said:
How can an LEO, be allowed to unsafely reposition a crash test dummie like that, and demand he take his helmet off before paramedics arrive....?

As a Volunteer EMT, I think it comes down to safety above all else.  We are taught the first thing you think about before all else "is the scene safe?"  The guy was just running from the cops at a high rate of speed, he may have a weapon on him, and securing him is the most important thing in the moment, THEN provide medical treatment. 

Yeah, it sucks, but what if he had a gun on it and while you were bothering with his leg, he decides to shoot you in the side.  cuff him, search him, THEN put him in a position of comfort and get the medics there.

Thanks for the common sense answer to MOB.  I personally went to a traffic collision where a guy wrapped his car around a tree and was DUI.  He was injured and also had a gun concealed in his waistband and another one on his ankle in a holster.  So it’s cops like myself that keep you other first responders safe from these types of idiots.  Yeah there are a few bad apples but most are great people.

Then my job here is done! Tomorrow I ride the C-14 and hope NOT to see or participate in any 'rex'.